Why choose Seven Seas Worldwide
Purpose-built removals boxes and materials provided
Enjoy 2 weeks of FREE storage in the UK
Pick your own dates for removals shipment delivery and collection
Trusted with your removals shipments for over 25 years
We guide you through the Canada customs clearance process
New MoveCube® shipping routes in Canada!
We're delighted to announce an expansion to our MoveCube® removals routes in Canada. You can now import and export household belongings using our unique mini shipping container to Halifax in Nova Scotia.
Removals to Canada from the UK: everything you wanted to know
Thanks to awe-inspiring natural scenery, friendly locals and multicultural metropolises, Canada is a popular destination for young professionals, students, new families and retiring couples alike. So, why not get your exciting new life in Canada started today by booking our international removals services?
As one of the world's best-loved removal companies for over 25 years, we know how to make your removal experience easy and stress-free. Drawing on our considerable shipping knowledge, free packing supplies and friendly customer service, it's no surprise we're the UK's top choice for international removals to Canada.
Trusted for over 25 years, we make international moving to Canada easy
Affordable and intuitive, our international removals service reaches most cities and towns in Canada, including Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Calgary, Quebec and Edmonton. Here is a sample of the many benefits when choosing our international removals services.
- Free removals Starter Pack: with each MoveCube® order, our robust removals container, you'll find a measuring tape, a box cutter knife, a marker pen and a roll of parcel tape and dispenser. Plus, three plastic floor sheets to assess how much can fit in a Small, Medium or Large International MoveCube®.
- Safe storage service: enjoy 2 weeks of free storage at our secure depot in the UK, allowing ample time to arrange travel to Canada and settle into your new home.
- No surprise removals fees: we are always upfront about cost. Grab a free instant removals quote today for a transparent breakdown of all shipping charges when moving.
- Pay in 3 instalments: we'll never ask for full payment upfront. Instead, you can pay in three manageable stages throughout your removals shipment's journey to Canada from the UK.
- Assistance with customs clearance: we offer our expert advice to help you guide your removals shipment through Canada's customs process.
How our Canadian international removal services work
Free online quick quote
Our instant quote tool provides a clear, itemised removals cost with no hidden fees or nasty surprises.
Pick your dates
When placing your order, choose the materials delivery and shipment collection dates that suit you.
Securely pack your items
We deliver your empty removals boxes or MoveCube® container, ready for you to fill.
We collect and ship
Complete the online documentation. Then we'll transport your removals shipment to Canada.
Delivered to your address
Our team will clear your goods through customs and deliver them safely to your new home.
International removals to Canada with the MoveCube® moving pod
After deciding which charming city or town in Canada to settle in, the next step is to pack up all your personal belongings and hire movers to transport them. Perfect for large removals, our robust, secure MoveCube® acts as your very own international removals container. We'll deliver it to your address in the UK to be loaded by you with everything from furniture and kitchen appliances to sports equipment and musical instruments.
Booking our international removals service is easy. Simply get a free removals quote in minutes and place your order. Then, provide us with a suitable date so we can deliver your free Starter Pack and conduct a site inspection to ensure your MoveCube® loading day goes smoothly. We'll then deliver as many MoveCube® removals pods as needed to be loaded by you within an assigned time frame. Lastly, complete all your online shipping documentation. After you have cleared your removals shipment through customs in Canada, let us know, and we can arrange a suitable time to deliver it to your new home.
If you feel nervous about watching your precious household items disappear over the high seas, don't worry, it's only natural. We've put in place insurance policies that give your goods an extra layer of protection should something go wrong. What's more, our online tracking tool lets you see your removal shipment's movement as it travels to Canada from the UK.
Perfect for large removals, our robust, secure MoveCube® acts as your very own international shipping container.
See our international MoveCube® moving pod in action:
The three sizes of our MoveCube® removal container
Drawing on more than 25 years of experience in international removals, we've designed our MoveCube® moving crate to protect your goods during long journeys to Canada from the UK. You can choose from three different sizes depending on your needs: Large, Medium and Small (see below for dimensions). For bigger removals, order multiple MoveCubes® by calling our helpful customer service team.
If you only have a few boxes to move to Canada, our boxes and bags shipping service is your best option.
Large MoveCube® removals pod*
H - 1.871m
W - 1.464m
L - 2.264m
B - 61cm
Medium MoveCube® removals pod*
H - 1.871m
W - 1.464m
L - 1.114m
B - 61cm
Small MoveCube® removals pod*
H - 1.871m
W - 1.114m
L - 0.964m
B - 61cm
*Please note, the MoveCube® removals pod is loaded from the side panel.
FAQs about international removals from the UK to Canada
As a transparent international removals company, we offer cost-effective services based on your needs. Start your international removals journey to Canada from the UK today with a free online removals quote in just a few minutes.
Drawing on over 25 years of shipping your personal belongings to Canada from the United Kingdom, we know how to make the removals experience less complicated.
New immigrants and returning Canadian citizens must fill in a "Personal Effects Accounting Document", also known as a "BSF186 form". To avoid paying taxes or duties on your personal possessions, a BSF186 must be stamped by officials at a RED customs channel.
Please note: you must attend a customs clearance office in person to clear your removals shipment. Our Importing into Canada page has a detailed rundown of everything you need to know about the Canadian customs process.
- An inventory to accurately list every item you're moving to Canada in the MoveCube®.
- Scans of the photo and signed pages of your passport and your visa, if applicable.
- The shipment owner's destination address, email, and contact phone number.
- Optional insurance forms for total protection and peace of mind.
Please note that both new immigrants and Canadian citizens re-entering Canada must complete a "Personal Effects Accounting Document", also known as a BSF186 form. To avoid taxes or duties on your goods, a BSF186 must be stamped at a RED customs channel upon arrival in Canada.
Our experienced service team are available to answer questions and offer removals advice.
As a trusted moving service with over 25 years of experience, we know the best way to support our customers. That's why we give you 2 weeks of completely free storage at our depots in the UK.
Moving plans sometimes change, and you might need longer storage for your removals shipment. If you let us know, we can store your belongings longer for an affordable fee.
As with all countries, Canada has a list of items that can not be imported. Please reference our regularly updated Prohibited Goods list when packing your removals shipment to avoid unnecessary and costly fines.
How long does shipping to Canada from the UK take?*
By sea shipping
*estimated timings dependent on global shipping circumstances
Packing tips for removals to Canada from the UK
To ensure your possessions arrive in Canada unscathed, careful packing is essential. Consider a professional packing service to ease some stress. Otherwise, give yourself lots of time and space to pack carefully and follow our 4 top tips below (check out our in-depth packing guides for more expert tips):
Say goodbye to clutter:
A new country, a new culture, and a new you: say goodbye to excess items you no longer need in your new life in Canada. Besides, the less you move, the cheaper it will be! Consider this an excellent opportunity to sell, donate, or recycle possessions that will only take up space in your new home.
Online auction sites like eBay and Facebook Marketplace are fantastic resources for making money from everyday household goods. Wave goodbye to old shoes, furniture and DVDs, and earn extra cash to fund your removal - win, win! Charity shops welcome anything spare and broken, and unusable goods can be disposed of at your local tip.
Carefully pack fragile goods:
Begin by tightly securing the base of your shipping box with three layers of overlapping parcel tape. Repeat the process when sealing the top of your box. Next, cover every item in bubble wrap and three or more layers for fragile goods, such as crockery and mirrors. Then, spread heavy items along the bottom with lighter items above and away from the sides of the inside of your removals container.
If you see any gaps, fill them with soft materials such as packing paper, towels, or crumpled-up newspaper to avoid items bumping into each other during transit. Finally, give your box a gentle shake. If you hear a sound, something is moving. Add more soft materials until you hear nothing.
Arrange a suitable parking space for our movers vehicle:
For a smooth MoveCube® loading day experience within your allotted time, ensure parking tickets or permits are paid for before we arrive. Our driver will ideally be able to park at least twenty metres from the entrance to your home.
If requested, we can loan you a trolly to help move your containers. Our driver is available to offer tips and removals advice, but the vehicle must remain within eyesight.
Spread weight evenly in the MoveCube®:
Before loading and packing the MoveCube® moving pod, lay out the corresponding floor sheets we provide to check your belongings fit inside. Stack all goods and containers together as neatly as possible. Place heavy and bulky items at the bottom layer, then lighter goods on top.
If a gap appears, fill it with a container to limit movement. Avoid filling spaces with loose, unboxed items, as this risks damage to your removals containers.
The customer service team was quick to reply to all my queries, and their booking system had a very streamlined process. Tracking was great, and their removal rates were very competitive. I would definitely use Seven Seas Worldwide again when shipping to Canada.Anna
Moving to Canada: a complete removals guide
If you're looking for a kind-yet-thriving country on the up, with awe-inspiring views and burgeoning cities, Canada could be the new home for you. But before grabbing your hockey sticks and rushing for an aeroplane, be sure to follow our top moving tips and facts:
Types of visas: there are various options to achieve resident status, including express entry for skilled workers and being nominated by a Canadian province. You must apply for a Permanent Resident (PR) visa to settle in Canada for five years. Having a PR allows you to then apply for full Canada citizenship.
Job opportunities: the job market in Canada is competitive, but skills and education are highly valued. Being able to speak French and English would give you a considerable advantage. The most prominent industries include agriculture, IT, education, retail and health.
Healthcare: citizens and settlers with a Permanent Resident (PR) card receive free public healthcare, known as Medicare. Tourists and short-term visitors are required to pay. Alternatively, there are many world-renowned private healthcare options.
Education: schooling up to the age of sixteen is compulsory throughout Canada and up to eighteen in Manitoba, New Brunswick, Nunavut and Ontario. Funding is mainly free for all citizens, depending on local government laws. Highly regarded universities include the University of Toronto, McGill University, University of British Columbia and Université de Montréal.
Lifestyle: Canadian culture values politeness, fairness, forward-thinking ideals, and inclusion. Canada's climate might be cold for many months of the year, but the people are always warm! From trekking the rocky mountains to visiting natural wonders of the world, such as Niagra Falls, there's plenty for UK expats to see and do.
International removals checklist
With more than 25 years of moving experience, our overseas removals service knows how to take the stress out of planning your move to Canada. Simply follow our handy removals checklist below as you prepare for the move of a lifetime:
- Gather your documents: collect all your important documents, such as proof of address, your passport, and bank statements and keep them all in one place to be quickly accessed if needed.
- Apply for a Canadian visa: thoroughly research which type of visa you and your family require, then apply and await confirmation from the Canada government visa services.
- Find accommodation in Canada: decide if the best option is to sell or rent your current property in the UK. We suggest renting when you arrive in Canada as this gives you time to adjust to a new climate before making a significant decision like buying a house.
- Book a moving company: visit our website and grab a quick free removals quote, then arrange suitable dates so we can deliver a MoveCube® removals container to your house in the UK to be packed and loaded by you.
- Arrange travel: book flights to Canada that give you plenty of time to acclimatise to your new surroundings and ensure you arrive well before we deliver your removals shipment.
- Sort your finances: inform whoever you bank with that you are moving to Canada, and take out some spare cash to cover any last-minute purchases or unforeseen expenses.
- Speak to a doctor: if you have any ongoing prescriptions, request a three-month supply. Doing so gives you time to arrange a new healthcare provider in Canada.
- Pet relocation: if your four-legged best buddies are also moving to Canada, ensure they are vaccinated and have an up-to-date health certificate from your veterinarian service. Also, purchase a suitable and comfortable pet carrier for the long journey ahead.
- Have a declutter: think hard about what you don't need to bring to Canada. After all, the less you move, the more spare cash there is to fund the trip! Consider selling, donating, or recycling items you won't be packing.
- Pack your belongings: before our driver arrives, ensure all the belongings in your removals shipment are securely wrapped, packed, and ready for you to load into the MoveCube® moving pod.
- Start living life to the fullest in Canada: after your removals shipment has passed through customs in Canada, get in touch via your online account to arrange a delivery date. Once you've unloaded your possessions, all that's left to do is unpack, relax and have a toast to your new life in Canada!