Before you pack, check this list of items prohibited from entering particular countries and regions.
Why choose Seven Seas Worldwide
Purpose-built moving boxes and materials provided
Enjoy 2 weeks FREE storage before and after moving to Spain
Pick your own dates for shipment delivery and collection
Trusted with your shipments for over 25 years
We handle the quarantine and customs clearance process
Removals to Spain: what you need to know
Thanks to year-round sunshine, sangria and siestas, Spain is a magnet for professionals, young families and retirees looking for a laid-back new home. So, why not start the easy life in Spain off sooner by using Seven Seas Worldwide's stress-free removal services?
As one of the country's most trusted moving companies, we've been helping people relocate to Spain and other international destinations for over 25 years. With our expert team, extensive local knowledge and free packing supplies, it's no wonder we're the standout choice for overseas removals.
Trusted for over 25 years, we make moves to Spain easy
Cost-effective and convenient, our door-to-door moving services from the UK cover many areas of Spain, including Barcelona, Alicante, Madrid, the Costa del Sol and Valencia. Here are a few more benefits of using Seven Seas Worldwide:
- Free starter pack: the packing materials included with our MoveCube® service are a measuring tape, a roll of parcel tape with a dispenser, a box cutter knife, a black marker pen and 3 floor sheets that you can use as a guide to see how much each container size can fit.
- Safe and secure storage: 2 weeks of free storage in both the UK and our Belgium depot before relocation to Spain, so you have enough time to arrive safely in your new home.
- No nasty hidden fees: we offer 100% transparency. Simply get a free instant quote and see all the costs involved in our moving service to Spain clearly itemised.
- Pay in instalments: we never ask for one full payment upfront. Instead, we spread the cost by charging you for our removal services in three affordable parts.
- Full customs clearance: relax! Once you pack and fill in the online forms, we handle the rest of the removals process, collecting your belongings from your address in the UK, clearing them through customs and safely transporting them to Spain via our sea services.
Our overseas removals services in 5 steps
Free online quick quote
Our instant quote tool provides a clear removals cost with no hidden fees or nasty surprises.
Pick your dates
When placing your order, choose the materials delivery and shipment collection dates that suit you.
Securely pack your items
We deliver your empty removal boxes or MoveCube® in the UK, ready for you to fill.
We collect and ship
Complete the online documentation. Then we'll transport your shipment to Spain.
Delivered to your address
Our team will clear your goods through customs and deliver them safely to your new home in Spain.
European moving to Spain with the MoveCube®
After finding your dream home in the sun, your next step is packing your belongings in the UK and transporting them to Spain. Ideal for larger loads, the Seven Seas Worldwide MoveCube® service is essentially your own dedicated moving container that we deliver to your door. You can fill it with everything from bedding and bicycles to domestic appliances and furniture.
Plus, our overseas removals services couldn't be simpler. First, get your free instant online quote and place your order. Next, choose suitable dates for us to deliver your starter pack and conduct a site inspection so collection day in the UK can go off without a hitch. We'll then arrive with your MoveCube® for you to fill within the designated loading time and relocate it ready for our shipping service. Lastly, complete your online documentation and when your possessions arrive in Spain, arrange for us to deliver them to your new address.
Feeling nervous as you watch your belongings disappear over the horizon is normal. But don't panic! We offer several insurance policies to protect them as they travel between the UK and Spain. You can even monitor their progress using our online tracking service for further peace of mind.
Ideal for larger loads, the Seven Seas Worldwide MoveCube® is essentially your own dedicated moving container that we deliver to your door.
See our international MoveCube® in action:
How big is a MoveCube® removals container?
The MoveCube® is a moving services are unique to our international removals company. It provides your household items with the utmost security and protection on their journey from the UK to Spain. The three sizes available are Large, Medium and Small (see below for their dimensions), and we can provide multiple containers for larger shipments.
We can also ship boxes and bags to Spain if you only have a few items to send.
H - 1.871m
W - 1.464m
L - 2.264m
B - 61cm
H - 1.871m
W - 1.464m
L - 1.114m
B - 61cm
H - 1.871m
W - 1.114m
L - 0.964m
B - 61cm
*Please note, the MoveCube® is loaded from the side panel.
FAQs about international removals services
As the shipping costs for European moving vary, use our free online quote engine to get the most accurate price for our removal services from the UK to Spain. It only takes a moment to fill in and breaks down all the removal costs involved so you can rest assured you won't get hit with any nasty hidden fees after placing your order.
Need another reason to choose our Spanish removals service? Here you go — we handle customs clearance! But, there are a few things you need to remember to ensure things run smoothly when moving and you benefit from tax exemption:
- Write a detailed inventory accurately listing all the possessions you're moving from the UK.
- Only pack items you've owned for at least six months.
- Provide the necessary documents to prove you've lived outside of Spain for at least 12 consecutive months and are applying for Spanish residency.
Once you've booked our moving services, you'll need to log into your Seven Seas Worldwide account and complete the following online documentation:
- An inventory detailing the contents of the MoveCube®.
- A Customs Form.
- Scans of your passport photo and signature pages, and visa for non-EU citizens.
- Provide the shipment owner’s destination address, email, and contact phone number.
- Optional insurance forms to protect your possessions in case a mishap occurs on their way to Spain.
And don't forget, we show these forms to Spanish customs officials, so they must be accurate. However, you can always contact our multilingual support team for help and advice.
Yes! For international removals to Spain, we offer two weeks of free storage at our safe and secure depots in both the UK and Belgium before final delivery in Spain. You can arrange storage after completing your booking, but no later than 24 hours before we arrive with the MoveCube® in the UK for you to load.
Of course, if necessary, we can also store your belongings for longer between your collection and delivery dates for an affordable fee.
As with all countries, Spain has a list of items banned from importation. So, we strongly recommend checking our Prohibited Goods page before packing your boxes in the UK to prevent your shipment from getting hit with delays and fines at customs.
How long do removals from the UK to Spain take?*
*estimated transit times dependent on global shipping circumstances
4 handy packing tips for your move to Spain
Packing is undoubtedly one of the biggest tasks to tick off your moving to Spain checklist. But boxing up your entire home can be overwhelming, and many put it off until the last minute, causing more stress. Instead, make the removals process simple by giving yourself plenty of time and using these four handy tips (see our Moving FAQ for more advice):
Cut back on the clutter:
Bringing all your worldly possessions with you when you relocate overseas from the UK is not always practical or financially savvy. So, why not take this opportunity to sell, donate or throw those things you no longer need and start your new life in Spain with a clean slate?
Pack fragile items with care:
Firstly, wrap each object individually in plenty of bubble wrap. Then, evenly spread the heaviest items over the bottom of the removals box and rest the lighter ones on top. Lastly, use durable packing tape to seal the seams and strengthen the base.
Also, ensure you fill any gaps inside the box with cushioning materials, such as crumpled paper or towels to stop your belongings from bumping into each other.
Arrange parking for our vehicle:
To ensure you load and unload the MoveCube® removals pod within your scheduled timeslot, please obtain and pay for any parking tickets or permits in the UK before our driver arrives.
Ideally, they will try to park their van within 20m of the collection and delivery addresses in Spain. However, we can provide a trolley to help you move your belongings, and our driver is always on hand to offer expert advice.
Distribute weight evenly in the MoveCube®:
Before loading the MoveCube®, lay out the corresponding floor sheets we provide to check your belongings fit inside. Place heaviest goods like sofas in the centre. Then load the rest of your personal effects tightly around them without leaving any gaps.
Avoid loading loose items into the container as they're more likely to get damaged. Instead, pack as much as possible into sturdy boxes, bags and suitcases.
One less stress in moving from the UK to Spain. Full door-to-door service and customs clearance taken care of. They even picked up a mistake I'd made when completing the forms and emailed me the pages with detailed guidance on what I needed to fix! I was kept informed every step of the way, and everyone I dealt with was incredibly friendly and helpful. Great value for money, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Seven Seas Worldwide services to anyone.Jan S
Relocation essentials: moving to Spain
In Spanish culture, people prioritise time with loved ones, long lunch breaks and making the most of the glorious weather. So, if you're hoping for a better work-life balance, more time with your kids or a sunny spot to relax in your golden years, the Iberian Peninsula is the place to be. But before you start packing, here are a few essential facts to help with your relocation to Spain:
Types of visas: those from European countries can move to Spain and live freely for three months before registering with local authorities. Non-EU nationals must first apply for a Schengen visa and provide proof of sufficient financial funds, a clean criminal record and good health.
Job opportunities: although English is widely spoken, understanding Spanish will undoubtedly improve your job prospects. Many expats choose roles in tourism, teaching and care, but remote working is also becoming popular.
Healthcare: Spain boasts a highly rated healthcare system with well-equipped hospitals and skilled doctors. Plus, once you have a social security number, it's free!
Education: children between 6 and 16 must receive an education at a public, bilingual, private or independent school or at home. Spain also has several world-renowned universities for those wanting to continue their studies.
Lifestyle: while the climate might be the primary draw, the friendly locals, stunning scenery and fun-loving fiestas add to Spain's appeal. From lazing on golden beaches to devouring plates of tapas, there's plenty for expats to enjoy.
Moving abroad checklist
Although our international removal company takes the stress out of moving to Spain, this handy checklist is here to help you prepare for the big move itself:
- Gather your documents: ensure all necessary paperwork, including marriage and birth certificates and bank statements, are in one place and easy to grab if needed.
- Apply for a visa: research Spanish visas, apply for the one most suited to your situation and wait for approval.
- Find accommodation: once you've got a visa, decide whether to sell or rent your current property or cancel your lease if renting. To give yourself enough time to adjust to your new surroundings, it's a good idea to rent before investing in a home.
- Book a removals service: visit the Seven Seas Worldwide website, get a free quick quote and arrange a date for us to deliver our MoveCube® removals pod to your door for loading.
- Arrange travel: determine when to arrive in Spain (as you'll need to be present when we deliver your belongings!) and book your flights.
- Organise your finances: notify all the banks you use that you're moving overseas and set aside a little money for emergencies and last-minute expenses.
- Speak to a doctor: if you take regular medication, ask your physician for a three-month prescription to give you enough time to register for healthcare services in Spain.
- Take pets to the vet: if your four-legged pals are joining the adventure, arrange their vaccinations and find a reliable pet carrier to transport them.
- Have a declutter: go through your house room by room and decide what to sell, donate and pack before leaving the UK — be ruthless as the less you keep, the cheaper moving will cost. Think of it as starting with a clean slate!
- Pack your belongings: before our driver arrives at your UK address, carefully wrap your possessions and carry them to the front of your building, ready for you to load into the MoveCube® removals pod. Don't forget — we can also provide specialist boxes for uniquely shaped items like surfboards and guitars.
- Get settled in your new home: once your shipment's cleared through Spanish customs, contact us to book a delivery date. Then, unpack, relax and enjoy your new life abroad.