The introduction of a new customs system at the Port of Surabaya is severely delaying the clearance of shipments to Indonesia. Please check our Global Shipping Statuses page for updates — we apologise for any inconvenience
Why choose Seven Seas Worldwide
Purpose-built shipping boxes and materials provided
Enjoy 2 weeks FREE storage before and after shipping
Pick your own dates for shipment delivery and collection
Trusted with your shipments for over 25 years
We handle the quarantine and customs clearance process
Removals to China: why choose our moving company
Stretching across vast swathes of Asia, China is an impressive country in more ways than one. With a population of 1.4 billion, a rich ancient history and a love of new technology, the Eastern giant is a forward-thinking and fascinating place to live. Whether you're a student moving abroad, a teacher, or a retiree, begin a new life in the world's second-largest economy today using our trusted shipping services.
With over 25 years of experience helping people move home around the world, we know how to make your moving experience stress-free. Utilising expert local knowledge, worldwide depots, and a multilingual customer support team, it's no wonder we're a top choice for international removals.
Trusted for over 25 years, we make moving to China simple
Affordable and user-friendly, our overseas removals service covers many parts of China, including popular destinations such as Shanghai, Beijing, Guangzhou, Shenzhen and Chengdu. Here are just a few of the benefits of choosing our team of expert international movers:
- Free Starter Pack: our MoveCube® shipping container comes with a measuring tape, a roll of parcel tape and dispenser, a box cutter knife and a marker pen. Plus, 3 floor sheets that replicate the Small, Medium and Large MoveCube® to help you estimate what can fit in each container.
- Secure storage: 2 weeks of free storage in both our origin and destination depots, giving you plenty of time to travel and settle into your new home.
- No unexpected fees: get a free instant quote for a transparent breakdown of all costs when booking our moving services
- Pay in instalments: we don't demand a total upfront bill. Instead, you spread the cost by asking you to pay in three manageable stages.
- Easy customs process: from safely transporting your goods to helping them pass through customs, we know how to make shipping smooth sailing. All you need to do is pack your belongings and fill in your online forms.
Cost-effective overseas removals in 5 steps
Free online quick quote
Our instant quote tool provides a clear, itemised cost with no hidden fees or nasty surprises.
Pick your dates
When placing your order, choose the materials delivery and shipment collection dates that suit you.
Securely pack your items
We deliver your empty shipping boxes or MoveCube®, ready for you to fill.
We collect and ship
Complete the online documentation. Then we'll transport your shipment to its destination.
Delivered to your address
Our team will clear your goods through customs, then deliver them safely to your new home.
The MoveCube® — a unique way to ship household effects to China
After deciding which rural town or bustling city to live in, the next step is to pack your possessions and safely send them to China. Ideal for large removals, the MoveCube®, can safely ship all your precious household items to your new home. Our unique moving container can be loaded with everything from sporting goods to musical instruments and furniture.
Our international relocation service to China is easier than you might think. First, generate a free instant quote, then place your order. Next, pick appropriate dates so we can deliver your free Starter Pack and conduct a site inspection. We'll bring as many MoveCubes® as you need to your home, ready to be loaded by you within an allotted time. Then, we'll move it to our nearest depot, where it will await shipping. Finally, complete all the online documentation and select a suitable date for us to deliver your possessions to your new address in China.
Watching your worldly possessions be taken away for long periods can be a worrying experience. Consider adding one of our comprehensive insurance policies for extra peace of mind. Plus, our GPS-based online tracking tool lets you see your shipment's location anywhere in the world!
Ideal for large family removals, the MoveCube®, can safely ship all your beloved household items to your new home.
See our international MoveCube® in action:
How big is a MoveCube® moving pod?
The MoveCube® is a dedicated shipping container available in three sizes to suit your specific needs: Large, Medium and Small (see below for dimensions). Our secure crates provide your precious goods with the security they need while travelling long distances over bumpy seas. If you have a large household, you may order multiple MoveCubes® by contacting our friendly customer support team.
If you only have a handful of items to send, we offer small removals via our ship boxes and bags to China service.
H - 1.871m
W - 1.464m
L - 2.264m
B - 61cm
H - 1.871m
W - 1.464m
L - 1.114m
B - 61cm
H - 1.871m
W - 1.114m
L - 0.964m
B - 61cm
*Please note, the MoveCube® is loaded from the side panel.
FAQs about our international moving services
As one of the world's leading removal companies, we can provide an affordable, specific cost for your needs that avoids any nasty hidden fees. Get a free online quote in minutes to see a clear breakdown of charges.
As expert overseas movers to China, we handle customs clearance for you, but there are a few essential things to keep in mind:
- You must be present in China before your goods arrive.
- Make sure your online inventory matches what you have packed. Your goods will be x-rayed on arrival, and Chinese customs officials will open your containers and inspect their contents if they don't match.
- On arrival at the airport, your "Customs Baggage Declaration Form for Incoming Passengers" must be stamped by a customs officer.
- Then, send your stamped "Customs Baggage Declaration Form for Incoming Passengers" by courier to our Guangzhou office before your shipment arrives in China.
For a full breakdown of the process, including which duties and taxes you may be liable to pay, check our Chinese customs rules page.
Once you have booked our international removals service, log into your account and fill in the following online documents:
- Inventory - an accurate packing list detailing each item inside the MoveCube®.
- The shipment owner's destination address, email, and contact phone number.
- Optional insurance forms to protect your goods.
- Relevant customs forms.
You will also need to upload scans of your passport: the picture page and your visa page, Power of Attorney, and a photograph of yourself with your open passport showing the picture page.
If you need any help, contact our multilingual support team, who will be more than happy to assist.
As an experienced international moving company, we've thought of everything. You can store belongings for 2 weeks at our depots in the UK and China. Plus, longer storage services can be added for a reasonable fee by letting us know more than 24 hours before your MoveCube® loading date.
Like all countries, China has a list of goods you cannot import. Avoid unnecessary fines and delays by reading our Prohibited Goods page before packing.
How long do removals to China from the UK take?*
*estimated timings dependent on global shipping circumstances
4 useful packing tips when moving overseas
Packing is a big task. Consider hiring a professional packing service or domestic mover to ensure all your goods, especially fragile items, are shipped safely. Otherwise, follow the 4 useful tips below (read our in-depth packing guides for more advice):
Be ruthless with clutter:
It's unlikely you'll need to take everything you own to your new home. Perhaps this is the perfect chance to get rid of things you've been holding onto for years. After all, the less you ship, the cheaper it will be!
One option is to sell unnecessary or cumbersome items on eBay or Facebook Marketplace to help fund your move. Perhaps donate unwanted clothes and used furniture to charity? For anything unusable or broken, take them to a tip.
Pack fragile items with care:
Take the utmost care when packing items like crockery and glass. Cover in several layers of bubble wrap and place them as close to the middle of your container as possible. Use plenty of overlapping packing tape to seal the base of the box, then repeat when sealing the top.
Place heavy items lowest and light items on top, and then stuff gaps with packing paper or newspaper. Finally, give your container a gentle shake. If you hear any sound, add even more paper!
Ensure our vehicle has a place to park:
Pay for any necessary parking tickets or permits, as our driver must be positioned within at least 20 metres of your home's entrance. Doing so ensures you have plenty of time to load within your allotted time.
Our experienced driver can provide a trolley to assist in moving your containers and will offer any help and advice you may need. However, they must keep the vehicle within sight at all times.
Load your MoveCube® evenly:
Place your heaviest items, such as fridges and sofas, at the bottom of your MoveCube®. Place lighter items on top to avoid anything being crushed below. When you see a gap, fill it! Think of it like a game of Tetris where the aim is to slot all items together neatly.
Place loose, smaller items in secure boxes and bags to avoid damage during transit, as they are more likely to move.
The website is great and relatively easy to follow in order to help plan the move. The delivery of boxes and pick-up went as planned, and I was able to follow my schedule. It was a great stress-free experience to have Seven Seas Worldwide assist with the move.Michael
Essential information about moving to China
China is a sprawling overseas destination with a rich and storied history. Major cities are full of opportunities and festivities for everyone to enjoy, while rural areas operate at a much slower pace. Family is important to Chinese people, giving them a sense of belonging and identity. Before you pack for a new life out East, we've gathered some useful tips and facts to help you transition:
Types of visas: to enter China, you need a visa. Travellers will be issued a 30-day, single-entry visa. If you wish to work, study or settle, visit your local Chinese Embassy website to apply for a longer visa.
Job opportunities: you must hold a valid work visa to work in China. Teaching English as a second language (ESL) is in high demand and well paid. Other sought-after roles include interpreter, fashion designer and IT expert.
Healthcare: China provides free medical treatment for all citizens and most expats, but it varies from region to region and doesn't include all services. Also, you are required to pay upfront before being reimbursed. A better option might be private health insurance.
Education: China provides free primary, secondary and university schooling, the first nine years of which are compulsory. World-class universities include Peking University, Tsinghua University and Fudan University.
Lifestyle: time with family is considered precious in China, and it's not uncommon for up to four generations to live in one home. Respect for elders and honouring traditions are highly regarded. There are plenty of things for expats to enjoy, including colourful festivals, ancient Chinese cooking and historical sights.
Moving overseas checklist
With more than 25 years of experience, our international removal company can help make your big move stress free. Simply follow our tailored step-by-step checklist:
- Gather your documents: keep all your important docs in one place, such as your passport, visa and proof of Covid-19 vaccination, if required.
- Apply for a visa: research Chinese visas and apply for the one best suited to your needs, including work permits, invitations, and family visits.
- Find accommodation: after selecting where to live, decide whether to sell or rent your home. Renting gives you time to settle into China with the option to return home if you wish.
- Book an international removals company: visit our website for a free quick quote, then select a suitable date for us to deliver a MoveCube®.
- Arrange travel: organise your flights to ensure you are present in China before the MoveCube® arrives.
- Sort your finances: let your bank know you're leaving the country and take out some spare cash to cover unforeseen expenses or emergencies.
- Speak to a doctor: ask for a three-month supply of any regular medication you currently take to allow enough time to set up a new GP in China.
- Take pets to the vet: if bringing your cat or dog, have them vaccinated, then arrange a suitable pet carrier. Please note: only one pet relocation per passport is permitted.
- Have a declutter: look around your home and decide what you really need to take. After all, the less you ship, the cheaper it costs! You can sell, give away, recycle, or throw away what you don't need.
- Pack your belongings: before your MoveCube® loading day, carefully pack all your household items and move them as close to your building's entrance as possible. Specially-shaped boxes for large items such as golf clubs, guitars, and bikes can be requested.
- Enjoy life in your new home: arrange a suitable delivery day via your online account after your goods have sailed through Chinese customs. Now, all that's left to do is carefully unpack, relax and explore your new life overseas!