Why choose Seven Seas Worldwide
Purpose-built removals boxes and materials provided
Enjoy 2 weeks FREE storage in both the UK and New Zealand
Pick your own dates for removals shipment delivery and collection
Trusted removals to New Zealand service for over 25 years
We handle quarantine and customs clearance in New Zealand
Everything you need to know about removals to New Zealand
No matter if you're escaping to the wonderfully wild and mountainous south or settling in one of the country's many thriving cities, like Wellington or Auckland, moving to New Zealand is bound to be a life-changing experience. However, the stress and expense of moving furniture, household goods and treasured belongings to their new house can put some people off embarking on this incredible adventure.
Luckily, our experienced and knowledgeable removals team has been safely shipping to New Zealand from the UK for over 25 years. So, if you're looking for a simple and affordable international removals service, Seven Seas Worldwide has got you covered.
Making international removals to New Zealand easy for over 25 years
Thinking about making your dream come true and leaving the UK for a new life in New Zealand? From shipping a few boxes to the contents of your entire house, our door-to-door international removals service is here to make your move to New Zealand from the UK entirely hassle-free. Here's a few reasons why Seven Seas Worldwide is one of the leading international removal companies:
- Removals Starter Pack: we'll send you packing supplies to help you securely wrap your goods, including a measuring tape, a roll of parcel tape with a dispenser, packing knife and black marker pen.
- Full New Zealand customs and quarantine clearance: our expert moving team have all the first-hand experience and local knowledge needed to successfully import your shipment into New Zealand without any additional costs.
- Free secure storage service: if required, we can offer free storage for up to two weeks in both the UK and New Zealand.
- Three-part payments: to give you time to settle into your new house, we'll never ask you to pay one lump sum. Instead, we spread the cost of our international moving services by charging in three affordable instalments.
- 10% off for returning customers: should you need to send more items to New Zealand from the UK, or any other of our numerous shipping destinations, via the MoveCube® removals pod, contact our friendly customer service team today for a 10% discount.
Our international removals services in 5 steps
Free online quick quote
Our instant quote tool provides a clear, itemised cost with no hidden fees or nasty surprises.
Pick your dates
When placing your order, choose the materials delivery and removals shipment collection dates that suit you.
Securely pack your items
We deliver your empty removals boxes or MoveCube® moving pod, ready for you to fill.
We collect and ship
Complete the online documentation. Then we'll transport your shipment to New Zealand.
Delivered to your address
Our team will clear your goods through customs and deliver them safely to your new house.
MoveCube® — your own mini shipping container
Designed to make international removals even more straightforward, the International MoveCube® moving pod is an incredibly popular removals solution, entirely unique to Seven Seas Worldwide. In essence, it's your own personal shipping container, explicitly built for securely moving furniture and household goods to New Zealand.
Once you've got your free instant removals quote, placed your order and chosen suitable collection and delivery dates, we'll transport your MoveCube® removals container directly to your house in the UK ready for you to pack — we'll even supply you with brown tape, a black marker pen and heavy-duty boxes. Then, after you've completed the online shipping documentation we'll send you, including insurance and an inventory to record the contents of your removals shipment, we'll handle the rest, from getting your goods through customs to delivering them to your new address in New Zealand.
We have three sizes of International MoveCube® available and can deliver multiple containers if required. Plus, you only pay for what you use, so if once you're packing your belongings you decide you need a smaller MoveCube® before it arrives, we can swap it for free. Alternatively, if there's overflow, we can send additional bags and boxes using our luggage shipping service, and if shipped by sea, they'll arrive in New Zealand at the same time as your other goods.
In essence, it's your own personal shipping container, explicitly built for securely moving furniture and household goods to New Zealand.
See our International MoveCube® in action:
How big is an International MoveCube®?
Just because you're moving to New Zealand from the UK doesn't mean to should sacrifice all of your much-loved and hard-earned possessions. Instead, use Seven Seas Worldwide's MoveCube® removals pod. It's perfect for packing up everything from boxes of books and suitcases full of clothes to your sofa and washing machine, making international home removals a piece of cake. Below we've listed the dimensions for the three sizes of container we provide — and don't forget, if necessary, you can always order multiple International MoveCube's® or additional shipping boxes.
Large MoveCube® removals pod*
H - 1.871m
W - 1.464m
L - 2.264m
B - 61cm
Medium MoveCube® removals pod*
H - 1.871m
W - 1.464m
L - 1.114m
B - 61cm
Small MoveCube® removals pod*
H - 1.871m
W - 1.114m
L - 0.964m
B - 61cm
*Please note, the International MoveCube® removals pod is loaded from the side panel.
Frequently asked overseas removals questions
The best way to get the most accurate cost for international removals to New Zealand from the UK is to fill out our free instant shipping quote form. It's quick and easy to submit and will give you a clear breakdown of all of the costs involved, including New Zealand customs clearance and other related charges, so rest assured, you won't be hit with any nasty surprises once you've placed your order.
Both returning citizens and new residents with long-stay or permanent visas can import their household goods into New Zealand duty-free as long as they've owned them for six months or more. However, you must be present in New Zealand when your removals shipment arrives for customs clearance to be granted.
The Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) is the government body in New Zealand responsible for deciding whether or not to inspect your shipping container. Please do note — if your removals shipment contains items that haven't been efficiently scrubbed of household dust, soil or vegetation before packing, they have the right to demand they're cleaned, irradiated or removed for deep burial, incurring additional charges.
Before your removals shipment can set sail to New Zealand from the UK, you'll need to log into your account and complete the following online shipping documentation:
- Inventory for you to record the contents of your removals shipment.
- Insurance to protect your possessions in case a mishap occurs.
At the final stage of the moving process, you'll also need to upload scans of your passport's picture and signature pages and, if applicable, a copy of your visa.
The authorities in New Zealand will ask to see these forms, so please ensure the information you enter is as accurate as possible. There are handy pointers throughout the process, but feel free to contact our friendly customer service team if you have any questions.
At Seven Seas Worldwide, we can transport international removals to New Zealand from the UK by either sea or air. Sea shipping is the most affordable option, perfect if you're sending several MoveCube's® removals pods.
Another feature of our removals service that makes us stand out from other international moving companies is our online tracking tool, allowing you to check on your shipment's journey to New Zealand and offering further peace of mind.
To protect their unique ecosystem and the health of their citizens, New Zealand has incredibly stringent regulations regarding bringing in household items that might contain soil, dirt and other contaminants. Please ensure the following goods are clean and dry before packing and are easily accessible in case customs needs to inspect them:
- Garden equipment: BBQs, lawnmowers, spades, ladders, wheelbarrows, gazebos, outdoor furniture etc.
- Sports equipment: bicycles, scooters, fishing rods, hockey sticks, saddles, cricket gear, golf clubs, mountaineering ropes etc.
- Camping equipment: tents, poles and pegs, camping chairs etc.
- Cleaning equipment: brooms, mops, vacuum cleaners (remove the bag and clean filters), dustbins, etc.
- Shoes and boots: if you order a MoveCube®, we'll provide you with a "Shoe and Boot Box", within which you need to pack all footwear, including hiking boots, golf shoes, rugby boots and everyday shoes and must be packed at the door of the container for easy inspection.
Also, along with other commonly restricted items, such as alcohol, controlled drugs and narcotics, food, pirated goods and weapons or replica weapons, New Zealand prohibits the importation of all candles by air, pain relief head bags and Christmas decorations made of organic materials like wreaths, pinecones and mistletoe.
Our Prohibited Goods page contains a comprehensive list of all the items you can send along with certain service-based restrictions — please check this before packing your removals shipment.
How long does it take to ship to New Zealand from the UK?*
By sea shipping
By air shipping
*estimated timings dependent on global shipping circumstances
How to pack your MoveCube® in 4 easy steps
When moving to New Zealand from the UK, the prospect of having to box and wrap all your worldly goods for a long journey can be daunting. However, international removals are made easy with a little preparation, forethought and care. Get your possessions packed up and on the way to their new home in no time by following these four packing steps (more information can be found in our Moving FAQs):
Invest some time in decluttering:
Before assembling your shipping boxes and unfurling your bubble wrap, spend some time sorting out which items are must-takes to NZ and which can be left behind. eBay, Facebook Marketplace and other auction similar sites are ideal for offloading everyday items like kitchen appliances and prams. But for more antiques, collectibles and furniture, you're likely to make better bucks by contacting a specialist second-hand store.
Packing fragile items with extra care:
Firstly, choose a sturdy and appropriately sized shipping box. We strongly suggest using the cardboard boxes we provide as these are double-walled and specially designed for shipping. Then, wrap all easily-breakable objects individually in bubble wrap, placing heavier items at the bottom and filling any gaps with generous amounts of packing paper.
Make an inventory to help you keep track:
Writing a detailed list of all the items you're shipping to New Zealand from the UK is an essential part of our documentation process. Plus, it provides you with a clear understanding of what's going into each shipping box. Once the inventory is complete, clearly label your boxes.
Consider weight and size:
Before loading the MoveCube® removals pod, lay out the corresponding floor sheets we provide to check your belongings fit inside. Place heaviest items, such as washing machines and fridges in the centre and as low as possible. Other helpful points to keep in mind include vacuum packing soft items like bedding and clothing to save space and filling any gaps to prevent movement.
What an excellent removals service; the quoted price is the price you pay — no ugly surprises. The customer service team is fantastic, very knowledgeable and professional. I recommend Seven Seas Worldwide to anyone moving to New Zealand. They make it so simple and stress-free. The delivery guy here in Auckland, New Zealand, was on time, friendly and helpful. Just an exceptionally great moving service.Sherri
Moving to New Zealand: Relocation Guide
Despite being tucked away in the corner of the world, New Zealand is overflowing with cultural wonders, natural beauty and superb wine. Ideal if you're looking for a more relaxed way of life and have a passion for the great outdoors, it's easy to see why New Zealand sits top of the list of places to move to for UK expats. But, before packing your bags and flying out the door, here are a few things you need to know before the big move:
Types of visa: those emigrating to New Zealand from the UK typically need to have either a job offer or be married to or have children that are residents of the country to obtain a permanent visa.
Job opportunities: New Zealand's booming housing market means construction jobs are often available, paying high wages and offering immediate starts. Farming is another of the country's key industries, and skilled labours are much in demand.
Healthcare: ranking 15th in the world, New Zealand's top-quality public healthcare is mainly free to residents with a visa valid for two years or more. However, there are small charges for dentistry and optometry services.
Education: thanks to low class numbers and higher teacher-to-student ratios, New Zealand's also boasts a top-ranking school system. Plus, the Kiwi's friendly and accommodating attitude makes it incredibly easy for little ones to feel instantly at home in their new classrooms.
Lifestyle: from the All Blacks challenging opponents with the Haka to paddling a waka (traditional canoe) around the coast, the history and traditions of Maori culture play a massive part in New Zealand's identity. One in seven of the population identify as Maori, and their language, Te Reo Maori, is an official language of the country.
Moving to New Zealand checklist
Feeling overwhelmed about moving to New Zealand from the UK? Don't panic — we've created this removals checklist to help simplify the process of moving overseas and reduce the stress.
- Collect all your important documents: ensure you have all the necessary paperwork safe and stored in one spot, including marriage certificates, birth certificates, passports, financial records and insurance policies.
- Secure a visa: research visas for New Zealand and find the most appropriate one to your situation, then apply and await approval.
- Arrange temporary housing: once granted a visa, decide whether you're going to sell or rent your current house in the UK, or if you rent, cancel your lease. When finding accommodation in New Zealand, it's best to rent before investing in a property to give yourself enough time to adjust.
- Order an International MoveCube®: get your free instant removals quote, place your order and arrange a day for us to deliver an International MoveCube® moving pod.
- Make travel reservations: decide on a timeline and book a ticket to New Zealand.
- Organise your bank accounts and credit cards: notify all the banks you use that you're moving to New Zealand and set aside a little money for emergencies and last-minute expenses.
- Stock-up on medication: if you take regular medication, speak to your doctor and arrange a three-month prescription as it may take some time to access healthcare in New Zealand.
- Research how to move your pets: if your furry friends are moving to New Zealand with you, ensure they receive the proper vaccinations, then identify a pet carrier to transport them safely.
- Declutter your house: sort through your goods and decide what to move to New Zealand and what to sell, store or donate.
- Securely pack your goods: once the International MoveCube® container arrives, box up the items you're keeping using the free packing Starter Kit we provide and load your removals pod.
- Celebrate your move to New Zealand: now your belongings are on their way to your new house, you can relax. So, take the time to say your see-you-soon's to your friends and family before setting off.
Our international removals depots in New Zealand
From sailing to surfing and biking to hiking, Auckland is the place to be for adventure-seekers.
Close to the home of Hobbiton, the vibrant city of Hamilton is famed for its relaxed lifestyle.
Napier is known for its Art Deco architecture, fine wineries and stunning beaches.
New Zealand's capital, Wellington, is full of friendly faces and incredible natural beauty.