Why choose Seven Seas Worldwide
Purpose-built shipping boxes and materials provided
Enjoy 2 weeks FREE storage before and after shipping
Pick your own dates for removals shipment delivery and collection
Trusted removals to the United States for over 25 years
We handle the United States customs clearance process
New MoveCube® shipping routes in America!
We're delighted to announce an expansion to our MoveCube® removals routes in the USA. You can now import and export household belongings using our unique mini shipping container to destinations across Florida and Texas.
We provide stress-free and affordable overseas removals
Thanks to vibrant cities, Southern hospitality, and a touch of Hollywood sparkle, year after year, America attracts professionals, retirees and students moving abroad seeking an exciting new life. So, why not start your next chapter in the Land of Opportunity today by using our convenient international removals to USA services?
As one of the world's leading international shipping companies, moving to the USA from the UK is something we've been helping people do for over 25 years. Drawing on our experienced moving team, in-depth removals knowledge and multilingual customer service, we support you through every step of your move.
Trusted for over 25 years, we make international removals easy
Affordable and convenient, our removal services cover many key parts of the States, including New York, Los Angeles, Miami, Las Vegas, Orlando and San Francisco. The following are just a few of the benefits you can enjoy when choosing our international removals company:
- Free removals Starter Pack: alongside our revolutionary MoveCube® service, you will receive a measuring tape, a roll of parcel tape and dispenser, a box cutter knife, a black marker pen and 3 floor sheets. The floor sheets allow you to estimate how much you can fit in a Small, Medium or Large MoveCube® moving container.
- Safe and secure storage service: 2 weeks of free storage in both the UK and America gives you plenty of time to arrive at your new destination.
- No hidden fees: get a free instant removals quote and see a transparent breakdown of our international removal services.
- Pay in instalments: we won't demand an entire bill is paid upfront. Instead, you can spread the cost over three budget-friendly instalments.
- Full customs clearance: all you need to do is fill in your online shipping forms and safely pack your belongings. We'll take care of the rest, including shipping everything to the USA from the UK and helping them gain customs clearance. Easy!
Quality international removals to the USA in 5 steps
Free online quick quote
Our instant quote tool provides a clear, itemised removals cost with no hidden fees or nasty surprises.
Pick your dates
When placing your order, choose the materials delivery and removals shipment collection dates that suit you.
Securely pack your items
We deliver your empty shipping boxes or MoveCube® removals pod, ready for you to fill.
We collect and ship
Complete the online shipping documentation. Then we'll transport your shipment to its destination.
Delivered to your address
Our team will clear your goods through customs and deliver them safely to your new house.
The MoveCube® protects household goods when shipping to the USA
Once you've decided which town or city to live in, the next step is to pack your possessions and move them to North American shores. Perfect for big loads, our robust MoveCube® moving pod can safely ship your personal effects to the USA from the UK. A dedicated shipping container designed to protect your removals shipment during overseas journeys, it can be filled with everything from kitchen appliances and furniture to sports equipment and household appliances.
Our international removals service to the USA from the UK is easier than you think.
First, get a free instant removals quote and place an order. Then, choose suitable dates so we can deliver your free Starter Pack and conduct a site inspection. Next, we'll bring however many MoveCubes® removals pods you require to be loaded by you during a designated time slot. Then, we'll store them at our depot in the UK, where they'll await shipping. Lastly, log in to your account and ensure all your online shipping documentation is complete. Once you arrive in the US, choose convenient delivery dates so we can deliver your precious household items.
It's only natural to worry about your belongings during their long journey around the world. Fear not! Check out our comprehensive insurance options to protect your goods for complete peace of mind. Plus, with our online tracking tool, you can closely monitor your removals shipment wherever it is.
A dedicated shipping container designed to protect your removals shipment during overseas journeys, it can be filled with everything from kitchen appliances and furniture to sports equipment and household appliances.
See our international MoveCube® in action:
What sizes of MoveCube® shipping containers are there?
The MoveCube® is our unique shipping pod that protects your household items during long overseas moves. The three available container sizes are Large, Medium and Small (see below for dimensions). We can provide more than one MoveCube® if you have extra-large removals shipments.
If you only have a few items to send, we can ship boxes and bags to the USA for small moves.
Large MoveCube® removals pod*
H - 1.871m
W - 1.464m
L - 2.264m
B - 61cm
Medium MoveCube® removals pod*
H - 1.871m
W - 1.464m
L - 1.114m
B - 61cm
Small MoveCube® removals pod*
H - 1.871m
W - 1.114m
L - 0.964m
B - 61cm
*Please note, the MoveCube® moving pod is loaded from the side panel.
Frequently asked questions about moving services
As a top international moving company, we offer transparent costs tailored to your needs. Get a free online removals quote in minutes for a full breakdown of our shipping charges.
As experienced overseas movers to the USA, we take care of customs clearance for you. But keep in mind the following to ensure things run smoothly:
- You must physically be in the States when your personal effects arrive in the country unless you are a returning US citizen.
- Ensure your online inventory accurately matches what you have packed into your removals shipment.
- Upload scans of your passport clearly showing the picture and signature pages.
Returning United States citizens can import their goods duty-free, providing they are pre-owed for at least 12 months. For a full breakdown of the USA customs process, including duty-free rules for new or non-USA citizens, check out our Importing into the USA page.
After booking our international movers, log into your account and complete your online shipping documents:
- An inventory itemising everything you have packed into the MoveCube® moving pod.
- Scans of your passport, including both the photo and signature pages.
- The shipment owner’s destination address, email, and contact phone number.
- Optional insurance forms to fully protect your goods in case of an accident.
- Relevant customs forms.
US customs officials will see these forms, so they must be correct. Our multilingual service team are available to offer help and assistance whenever needed.
Absolutely! We provide 2 weeks of free storage for international removals at our depots in the UK and the USA. To request longer storage services, simply let us know more than 24 hours before we arrive with a MoveCube® moving pod, and we can add storage for an affordable fee.
As with every country, the USA has a list of goods that cannot be imported. Avoid painful fines and delays by reading up on our Prohibited Goods page before packing your removals shipment.
How long do removals to the USA from the UK take?*
By sea shipping
*estimated timings dependent on global shipping circumstances
How to pack your belongings for long-distance removals
We strongly advise hiring a professional packing service or domestic mover to pack for you. Doing so ensures all your goods, and most importantly, fragile items, are transported safely. Otherwise, to ease stress and avoid last-minute rushing, follow our 4 helpful packing tips below and read our Packing guides for more info:
Be ruthless with clutter:
Think carefully about which US state you are moving to. Is it a hot or cold climate? Does it have beaches? Are they next to the snowy Canadian border? If you don't need six bikinis or three woolly coats, leave them behind. After all, the less you move, the cheaper it will be!
Many unwanted items can be sold on auction sites like eBay or Facebook Marketplace. Large goods like sofas and washing machines can be repurchased after you arrive. Another option is to donate to charity.
Pack fragile items with care:
Cover crockery and glass in bubble wrap and place them as near to the centre of your shipping box as you can. With three layers of overlapping packing tape, tightly seal the base of your box, then repeat when sealing the top.
Refrain from packing close to the sides of your container. Heavy items should be placed lowest, with lighter items on top. If you see any gaps, stuff them with packing paper or newspaper. Finally, gently shake your box. If it makes any noise, stuff it with more packing paper!
Arrange parking for our moving vehicle:
For a smooth experience when loading and unloading the MoveCube®, pay for parking tickets or permits ahead of time. Ideally, our movers should be able to park within 20m of your collection and delivery addresses entrances, as they must keep the moving vehicle within sight.
A trolly is available to help move your goods if needed, and our knowledgeable drivers are always on hand to offer removals advice.
Load the MoveCube® moving pod evenly:
Heavy goods, such as dishwashers and sofas, should be placed at the bottom layer. Stack lighter items on top to avoid crushing anything below. If you see a gap, try to fill it. Imagine you're playing a game of Tetris, intending to slot all items into place neatly.
Avoid adding loose, small items into gaps, as they could easily move around and be damaged during shipping. Instead, place them in secure boxes and bags.
When I was searching for a good, reliable and affordable removals company, Seven Seas Worldwide came up in a top 5 search. My move from the UK to the USA went well. I was so pleased to see all my belongings as they left the MoveCube® moving pod! Also, it arrived well ahead of schedule.Faiza
Things to consider when relocating to the US
There is a famous saying in the USA: go big or go home. Americans love to go big! Big ambitions, big meals, big cars, and really big skyscrapers. It's the American dream and open to all, no matter where you're from. So, if you're looking for a new start in life, a fresh challenge, or a diverse country to explore in your golden years, the Land of Hope and Dreams is the place to be. But first, here are some key facts to help guide your move:
Types of visas: you will need a visa or visa waiver to enter the USA. The US State Department can tell you which one you require depending on your purposes, such as work, study, or immigration.
Job opportunities: to work in the US, you must hold a valid visa or Green Card (Permanent resident). Visas types include employer-sponsored, seasonal, temporary and exchange-visitor. Popular and well-paid roles are nurses, IT consultants, marketing managers and software developers.
Healthcare: there is no free medical treatment in the US. Most citizens pay for health insurance which covers some or all healthcare expenses should you need it.
Education: depending on the state, schooling is provided for free from around ages 5 to 18. Most students attend public school, with the remainder going to private school. World-famous colleges include Harvard, MIT, Stanford, Columbia, and Yale.
Lifestyle: life moves fast in the big cities of the North, such as New York, Chicago, and Boston. With a melting pot of cultures, there are neverending things to see and do, from concerts to museums and dining out. The Southern states have a slower pace of life with a bigger focus on family, religion and national pride.
International moving checklist
Even though our international removals company knows how to take the stress out of shipping to the States, follow this helpful checklist to prepare for the big move abroad:
- Gather your documents: keep all important travel docs in one place, such as your passport, visa, vaccination proof, and any other forms of ID you might quickly need.
- Apply for a visa: depending on your purpose in the USA, there are a variety of visas to suit your requirements, so research is a must.
- Find accommodation: once your visa is confirmed, decide whether to rent or sell your current house. Before buying in the US, renting might be the best option to give yourself time to adjust to a new way of life.
- Book an international removals service: grab a free quick removals quote on our website, then arrange a convenient date for us to deliver a MoveCube® shipping container to your house.
- Arrange travel: as you must be in the US when your removals shipment arrives, book your flights with plenty of time to spare.
- Sort your finances: tell all the organisations you bank with that you are emigrating to the United States, and withdraw some spare cash for unforeseen events and last-minute purchases.
- Speak to a doctor: if you take regular medication, request a three-month supply to allow for plenty of time to register with a new practitioner in the USA.
- Take pets to the vet: if your little furry pals are moving with you, obtain a health certificate from your veterinarian, then secure a suitable pet carrier to move them.
- Have a declutter: walk from room to room in your house and decide what should be packed, sold, recycled or donated. Be as ruthless as possible! After all, the less you need to move, the less money it costs.
- Pack your removals shipment: meticulously wrap your household items, then take them as close to the entrance of your house as possible before our movers arrive with a MoveCube® moving pod. On request, we can provide specialist shipping boxes for larger items such as golf clubs, guitars, suitcases and bicycles.
- Enjoy life in your new house: after your removals shipment has been cleared through United States customs, get in touch via your online account to book a delivery date. Finally, unpack, unwind, and enjoy your new life in the US of A!