The introduction of a new customs system at the Port of Surabaya is severely delaying the clearance of shipments to Indonesia. Please check our Global Shipping Statuses page for updates — we apologise for any inconvenience.
Why choose Seven Seas Worldwide
Purpose-built shipping boxes and materials provided
Trusted with your removals for over 25 years
Pick your own dates for box delivery and collection
Fully flexible storage service that adapts to your needs
Spread the cost by paying in several instalments
Student moving services: affordable and easy
Studying abroad is an incredible experience. It broadens your horizons, opens your eyes to different cultures and leads to lifelong friendships and professional connections.
With over 25 years of experience helping students move belongings from university or college, our expert movers know exactly how to make the experience stress-free, affordable and straightforward. So, whether you're moving to new accommodation, travelling for the summer or heading back home overseas, our student movers service have you covered.
Helping students move for over 25 years
Are you looking for trusted student movers to transport your personal effects safely? Then look no further. Affordable and easy to navigate, our movers cover many international destinations, including Australia, Belgium, Canada, China, England, Hong Kong, Ireland, New Zealand, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand and North America. It's no surprise that we're one of the country's top shipping companies!
The following list is just a handful of the many benefits you can rely on when choosing our student services:
- Free Starter Pack: our unique shipping crate, the MoveCube®, is ideal for moving large items such as furniture. You'll receive a complimentary Starter Pack with a measuring tape, a box cutter knife, a marker pen and a roll of parcel tape and a dispenser. Plus, three plastic sheets you can place on the floor to estimate what fits in a Large, Medium or Small MoveCube®.
- End-to-end student services: start by generating a free quick removal quote for our student services, placing an order and choosing dates so we can drop off your free packing supplies and deliver a MoveCube® for you to load. After filling in some online documents, let us do the rest, including clearing your goods through customs and safely moving them to their destination.
- Store for free: to help ease the move between university and home, or the wait between transferring to new accommodation, we give students 2 weeks of free storage at both our origin and destination depots. If more time is required, get in touch, and we can extend this period for an affordable fee.
Our unique shipping crate, the MoveCube®, is ideal for moving large items such as furniture.
Here's how our student removal services work:
Our student shipping process in 5 steps
Free online quick quote
Our instant quote tool provides a clear, itemised cost with no hidden fees or nasty surprises.
Pick your dates
When placing your order, choose the materials delivery and shipment collection dates that suit you.
Securely pack your items
Our movers deliver your empty shipping boxes, ready for you to fill.
We collect and ship
Complete the online documentation. Then we'll transport your shipment to its destination.
Delivered to your address
Our team will clear your goods through customs and deliver them safely to your new home.
Move belongings worldwide with our MoveCube® service
The MoveCube® is our specially-designed moving container for larger items, offering your student household effects the utmost protection during their international move. You can load it with everything from kitchen appliances to musical instruments and furniture. Choose between Large, Medium and Small sizes (we've listed their exact dimensions below for you to compare), and for bigger shipments, you can order multiple containers by letting our student movers know.
If you only have a few items to send, our shipping service is your most cost-effective option.
H - 1.871m
W - 1.464m
L - 2.264m
B - 61cm
H - 1.871m
W - 1.464m
L - 1.114m
B - 61cm
H - 1.871m
W - 1.114m
L - 0.964m
B - 61cm
Seven Seas Worldwide provided professional and on-time international removal services. The whole process was smooth. The customer service officers at Seven Seas Worldwide are professional and helpful.Karson
FAQs on our overseas student moving services
Begin with a free instant removals quote for an itemised breakdown of all charges involved in our student services. Next, book your order, pay the small deposit, and select dates for our movers to deliver any empty boxes and packing materials you require and conduct a site inspection.
Securely pack all your student possessions into boxes and bags, using the MoveCube® floor sheets as a guide to ensure your belongings fit into the container. Then, complete your online documents, including an itemised inventory, relevant customs forms, and optional insurance. We'll arrive at your address with the MoveCube® for you to load, and once filled, transport it to our nearest depot ready for shipping.
After you've paid the Shipping and Transportation charge, we'll ship your goods to their destination and clear them through customs. Finally, we'll let you know when the MoveCube® is ready for us to transport to its final address so you can log into your online account, pay the destination charge and select an appropriate day for our movers to return your belongings.
Transit time for your personal effects depends on their destination, how soon you need them and the service you choose. Our air shipping service is the fastest option but costs a little more. Sea shipping is a cheaper and more environmentally-friendly (it burns less carbon) option, but it will take slightly longer to arrive.
Grab a free quote in minutes for the estimated moving time to your destination address.
To protect their population and environment, each country around the world has a list of items that cannot be imported. As you pack your student belongings for moving, save yourself the hassle of costly fines and delays by referencing our Prohibited Goods page.
Unlike other removal companies, we control a worldwide network of depots, allowing us to be completely transparent with our fees. Couple that with our moving team's local knowledge and multilingual advice and it's easy to see why our student services are the country's top choice.
For an accurate breakdown of all service costs based on your particular student needs, including transportation, and destination charges, use our free online quote tool today.
4 quick tips for packing a MoveCube® shipping container
While studying, it's easy to amass lots of new possessions without realising it! However, the less you ship, the cheaper it will be. So, look closely through everything you own and decide what could be sold, recycled, or donated.
Fund your moving adventures by selling goods you no longer need via eBay and Facebook Marketplace. High street charity shops will be happy to take anything you no longer want that's in good condition. For everything else, take them to your local recycling centre.
Be extra careful packing fragile goods:
Begin with a solid base for your box. Fold the flaps and seal them with three overlapping layers of parcel tape. Repeat when sealing the top. Cover every item in bubble wrap and use a few layers for fragile items such as crockery and glass. Place the heaviest goods along the bottom, with lighter items around them and towards the centre of your container.
If you spot a gap, fill it with soft materials such as packing paper or towels. Give your box a gentle shake. Do you hear a sound? If so, use more soft materials until it's silent.
Organise parking for our vehicle:
For a successful MoveCube® loading and unloading day completed within your allotted timeslot, pay for any necessary parking tickets or permits before our driver arrives.
The driver will ideally park within 20m of the address and must keep their vehicle within sight at all times. We offer a trolley to help you move your student possessions, and our drivers are always happy to offer advice.
Prepare for your MoveCube® moving day:
Before loading the MoveCube®, lay out the corresponding floor sheets we provide to check your belongings fit. Place big items, such as furniture, along the bottom, then lighter items on top and around to avoid crushing. If you see a gap, fill it with a container.
Ensure all loose items are placed in boxes, bags or suitcases, as they are likely to move around during transit and cause damage.
5 ways to capture university memories without overstuffing your suitcase
As well as a place of deep learning, making life-long friends at university is equally important. Documenting experiences is a special way to preserve precious moments for years to come, but can it be done without dragging home bulky items inside your luggage? Read on to find out.
1. Keep an online journal or diary: writing down your thoughts, feelings, and experiences can be invaluable. Here you can reflect on your classes, tutors, social life, relationships and anything else that stands out to keep the memories burning bright decades later.
2. Take photos: most of us walk around with a high-quality camera in our phones, so why not take advantage of it? Pictures can be a beautiful way to candidly capture all kinds of special moments and memories. Snap photos of your friends, classmates, events, and any other student life experiences you wish to remember.
3. Connect with friends: stay in touch with friends and classmates through social media, email, or other means. Sharing your memories and experiences with others regularly has never been easier in our digital world.
4. Collect little mementoes: save cinema stubs, flyers, polaroids, concert tickets and other small items that commemorate your experience in college. Why not make a scrapbook once you get home to help you vividly remember in years to come?
5. Record audio or video: capture the essence of your student friends and classmates forever by recording a laughter-filling meal spent together. Perhaps you could film yourself discussing your thoughts and feelings at the end of a particularly eventful day.