Before you pack, check this list of items prohibited from entering particular countries and regions.
Why choose Seven Seas Worldwide?
Purpose-built moving boxes and materials provided
Enjoy 2 weeks FREE storage before and after shipping furniture
Pick your own dates for shipment delivery and collection
Trusted with your furniture shipments for over 25 years
We handle the quarantine and customs clearance process
International furniture removals made easy
Need help moving furniture overseas? From sofas and armchairs to cupboards and kitchen appliances, we move personal effects affordably and securely. There's no need to spend hour after hour researching the best furniture shipping companies. With over 25 years of experience moving belongings internationally, we draw on a worldwide network of depots, multilingual customer support and much more to deliver stress-free removals services.
We move furniture internationally via the MoveCube®, our unique moving container designed to protect your goods over land and sea. Perhaps you're studying abroad, relocating to a new house with your family, or retiring to a sunny climate. Whatever the reason, we can move your furniture to destinations worldwide, including the USA, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, China, the UK, Hong Kong, and South Africa.
Trusted furniture removal services for over 25 years
We've designed our international furniture moving service with convenience in mind. Get a free instant quote from the comfort of your home for a transparent cost breakdown on any device. Then, we'll collect and safely transport your furniture to its destination.
Explore just a handful of the many ways we make furniture moving stress-free:
- Free Starter Pack: with all MoveCube® orders, you'll receive a measuring tape, a roll of parcel tape with a dispenser, a box cutter knife, a marker pen and 3 plastic floor sheets you can use to estimate how much furniture can fit into a Large, Medium, or Small MoveCube® moving pod.
- Safe furniture storage services: plan the big move abroad at your own pace thanks to two weeks of free furniture storage in most origin and destination countries.
- No surprise fees: as a transparent moving company, we're always upfront about charges. Grab a quick free furniture removal quote for an itemised cost breakdown before committing to a booking.
- Simple customs process: since our moving experts have over 25 years of experience clearing furniture shipments through customs, you're in safe hands. Complete your online documents, and we'll handle the rest.
- Dedicated customer service: our multilingual support team can answer questions and offer help during each step of the overseas furniture removals process.
Moving furniture overseas in 5 easy steps
Free online quick quote
Our instant quote tool provides a clear, itemised cost with no hidden fees or nasty surprises.
Pick your dates
When placing your order, choose the materials, delivery and shipment collection dates that suit you.
Pack your furniture
We deliver the empty MoveCube® moving pod, ready for you to fill with furniture.
We collect and ship
Complete the online documentation. Then we'll transport your shipment to its destination.
Delivered to your address
Our team will clear your goods through customs and deliver them safely to your new home.
Furniture removal with the MoveCube® moving container
Unique to our removal company, we created our MoveCube® service to protect your beloved furniture during long moves via land and sea. Acting as your own secure moving container, we can bring however many MoveCubes® you need straight to your door, ready to be loaded by you with everything from sofas and dining tables to garden furniture and cupboards.
Begin with a free quote in minutes, and place an order. Next, select suitable dates for us to deliver your free Starter Pack and conduct a site inspection. Then, we'll arrive with a MoveCube® moving pod, ready for you to load with your pre-packed furniture within an allotted timeframe. Finally, complete all your online documents, such as customs forms and the Inventory Packing List. We'll clear your goods through customs and deliver them to your new house to be unloaded by you.
We understand that furniture removals can be stressful. Use our helpful online tracker to monitor your shipment's journey. We also offer insurance policies for further peace of mind.
We created our MoveCube® service to protect your beloved furniture during long, bumpy journeys via land and sea.
See our international MoveCube® in action:
How big is a MoveCube® removals container?
The MoveCube® is our unique moving pod designed to protect your goods during long international furniture removals. Available in three sizes to suit your needs: Large, Medium and Small (see below for their dimensions), you can order multiple containers for moving larger furniture shipments by contacting our helpful customer support team.
H - 1.871m
W - 1.464m
L - 2.264m
B - 61cm
H - 1.871m
W - 1.464m
L - 1.114m
B - 61cm
H - 1.871m
W - 1.114m
L - 0.964m
B - 61cm
*Please note, the MoveCube® is loaded from the side panel.
FAQs about moving furniture overseas
As one of the country's most popular furniture removal companies, we offer affordable moving services tailored to your needs. All you need to do is enter the items you wish to ship and where you're going into our free online quote tool for a transparent breakdown of furniture moving rates.
We do! You can enjoy 2 weeks of free storage when moving furniture items overseas at our nearest depots in most origin and destination countries.
When moving house internationally plans can change, and you may need additional storage time. Get in touch, and add as much time as you need for an affordable fee.
To protect their citizens and the environment, each country worldwide has a list of items you cannot import. As you pack, please reference our Prohibited Goods page. Doing so can help avoid unwanted fines or delays down the line.
Depending on your furniture shipment's destination country, there are several documents you must complete. Once you've booked with our furniture movers, log in to your online account. Typical documents include:
- A detailed inventory to list all items in the MoveCube® moving pod.
- Scans of the picture and signature pages of your passport and visa, if applicable.
- The shipment owner's destination address, email, and phone number.
- Optional insurance forms for complete protection.
Our multilingual support team are happy to answer questions and offer advice at all stages of your furniture moving journey.
To ensure your goods arrive via the quickest and most efficient method possible, all shipping and air routes are predefined and cannot be altered.
4 top tips to expertly pack and load a MoveCube®
We want your prized furniture to arrive at your new house in the same condition you waved goodbye to it. So, to ease stress, we recommend hiring a professional packer. Otherwise, give yourself plenty of time to pack slowly and follow our 4 essential tips below (for even more advice, check out our in-depth packing guides):
Walk around your house and decide what items you need to take. After all, if you're moving to a completely different culture and climate, some items will now be impractical. For example, there's no need for a ski mask in Australia!
Part-fund your big move by using online platforms like eBay and Facebook Marketplace to sell spare goods. High street charity shops will accept anything in useable condition and everything else you can take to your local recycling centre.
Carefully pack fragile items:
Create a stable base for your moving boxes by sealing them with three layers of overlapping parcel tape. Repeat the process when sealing the top. Cover all items in bubble wrap and use several layers for fragile items like glass. Place heavy items at the bottom and lighter items above and away from the sides of your container.
Fill any gaps with soft materials like packing paper or towels. Once you have sealed the lid, give it a little shake. If you hear anything move, add more cushioning materials.
Reserve a parking place for our van:
Guarantee a successful MoveCube® loading day experience by paying for parking tickets or permits beforehand. Our driver will need to park their van within twenty meters of the entrance to your house.
We can provide a trolly to help you move containers and furniture if needed. Our drivers will be on hand to answer questions and offer advice, but they must always keep the van within eyesight.
Load the MoveCube® from the bottom to the top:
Place your heaviest furniture items, like couches and washing machines, at the bottom and towards the centre. Position lighter items above and to the sides and ensure all containers fit snugly without any visible gaps.
If a gap does appear, fill it with an appropriately sized container. Avoid using loose items as they are more likely to be crushed and cause damage during transportation.
The staff were responsive and helpful. The shipping status was notified promptly by email and phone during the process. I could handle the paperwork via their website easily. The shipment was timely, and all items were received in good condition.Chi Wai
Essential furniture packing tips
Moving furniture overseas can be a daunting experience. So, ensuring the transition is smooth and stress-free prior to loading day is a must.
Appropriately protecting your furniture limits the chance of damage during long international journeys, complies with import rules and offers you some much-needed peace of mind.
Follow our top 4 tips for a positive furniture removal experience:
- Minimise space: disassemble any furniture that can be taken apart. Doing so makes them easier to move, reduces the risk of damage, and gives you more space to pack inside the MoveCube®. Keep all screws, nuts and bolts in a labelled bag to quickly reassemble the furniture later.
- Thoroughly clean: ensure your furniture is clean and dry before packing to prevent damage or mould. Use a clean, dry cloth to remove dust or dirt. Completely drain washing machines and dishwashers. Consider using a steam cleaner to remove any stains or odours from garden furniture.
- Use protective materials: cover sharp edges with corner protectors made of foam or plastic. Cover your furniture with packing paper or moving blankets and secure them with packing tape or plastic wrap.
- Utilise space: make the most of the space available inside your furniture. Fill drawers and cupboards with small, soft items such as teddy bears or pillows. Then, cover in a removals blanket or wrap in clingfilm and seal all drawers and doors shut with parcel tape (avoid putting tape directly on furniture as it can leave a sticky residue over time) to prevent items from falling out during transit.