We’re currently experiencing technical issues with our inbound phone system. Our team is working hard to resolve the issue as quickly as possible, and we thank our customers for their patience.
Why choose Seven Seas Worldwide for removals
Purpose-built removal boxes and materials provided
Enjoy 2 weeks FREE storage before and after shipping
Pick dates for shipment collection and delivery to Australia
Trusted with your shipments for over 25 years
We handle the Australia quarantine and customs clearance process
Overseas removals and shipping to Australia:
what you need to know
With a mix of breathtakingly beautiful landscapes, tropical climate, diverse cities bursting with culture and laid-back, friendly people, what's not to love about The Land Down Under? As one of the world's most popular destinations, Australia is a warm and welcoming place for young professionals, families, and retirees. Start your exciting new life today with the help of our stress-free international removals services.
With over 25 years of experience helping people with UK to Australia shipping, it's no surprise we are one of the country's most trusted removal companies. Our round-the-clock support, knowledgeable team of expert movers, customs insight, secure packing supplies and unique moving containers make removals to Australia easy.
Trusted movers to Australia for 25+ years, we make international removals easy
From generating a free removals quote to the day your household goods arrive, you're in safe hands with our expert moving team. Utilising several of our depots in Australia, we cover the Gold Coast, Alice Springs and the Sunshine Coast, as well as major cities such as Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, and Darwin.
The following are just some of the advantages you can enjoy when choosing our removals services to send your belongings to Australia from the UK:
- Free removals starter pack: our MoveCube® includes several packing essentials to get you started. Inside, you'll find a measuring tape, parcel tape and dispenser, a box cutter, and a marker pen. Also, three plastic floor sheets in Large, Medium and Small sizes to help you estimate how much you can load into the MoveCube®.
- Safe and secure storage: two weeks of free storage in both the UK and our nearest Australian depot, allowing you plenty of time to arrive at your new home.
- No surprise fees: our free online quote tool lets you see an itemised list of shipping costs for each step of your good's removals journey to Australia.
- Pay in instalments: we spread removals payments into three affordable stages. First, an upfront deposit, then a fee when your goods are shipped, and a final payment once your goods arrive in Australia.
- Full customs clearance: all you need to do is pack your belongings and complete your online forms. We'll do everything else, including Australian customs clearance and the safe delivery of your goods.
Removals from the UK to Australia in 5 easy steps
Free online quick quote
Our instant quote tool provides a clear, itemised cost with no hidden fees or nasty surprises.
Pick your dates
When placing a removals order, choose the materials delivery and shipment collection dates that suit you.
Securely pack your items
We deliver your empty shipping boxes or MoveCube®, ready for you to fill.
We collect and ship
Complete the online documentation. Then we'll transport your removals shipment to Australia.
Delivered to your address
Our team will clear your goods through customs and deliver them safely to your new home.
International removal to Australia with the MoveCube®
Once you've decided which Australian paradise to settle in, the next step in your removals journey is to pack and move your personal effects. Ideal for large container loads, our MoveCube® can safely transport your possessions to your new home in the sun.
The MoveCube® is essentially your dedicated shipping container, ready to be filled with everything from bikes and linen to kitchen appliances and furniture.
Our removals process from the UK to Australia is straightforward:
- Get a free instant online removals quote, place your order, then select convenient dates so we can deliver your Starter Pack and conduct a site inspection.
- We'll deliver the MoveCube® so you can load it within your allotted time, and then we'll take it to our nearest depot in the UK, ready for shipping.
- Make sure all your online shipping documentation is complete. When your goods arrive in Australia, select a date for us to deliver them to your new house.
Are you worried about your belongings travelling such a long distance to Australia? It's only natural. As experienced overseas movers, we have a range of insurance policies to put your mind at ease while your goods travel between the UK and Australia. Plus, using our online tracking tool, you can monitor a MoveCube's® movement anywhere in the world.
The MoveCube® is essentially your dedicated shipping container, ready to be filled with everything from bikes and linen to white goods and furniture.
See our international MoveCube® in action:
How big is a MoveCube® shipping container?
The MoveCube® is an overseas moving container unique to our business and is available in three sizes: Large, Medium and Small (see below for their dimensions). Our bespoke, secure shipping crates offer your precious household effects all the protection they need when travelling to Australia from the UK. For large removals overseas, you can order multiple MoveCubes®.
If you only have a few personal effects, we can also ship boxes and bags to Australia.
H - 1.871m
W - 1.464m
L - 2.264m
B - 61cm
H - 1.871m
W - 1.464m
L - 1.114m
B - 61cm
H - 1.871m
W - 1.114m
L - 0.964m
B - 61cm
*Please note, the MoveCube® is loaded from the side panel.
UK expats’ honest review of moving to Australia using the MoveCube®
Ross, Sam, and kids are a UK family who recently emigrated to Brisbane, Australia. Watch as they talk through their entire MoveCube® removals service experience via an honest and humorous YouTube video.
The Brits candidly discuss the decision to use a Small MoveCube® removals container, itemising, the process of packing and unpacking, including what was left out and what was prohibited, how long shipping took at each stage of the journey to Australia from the UK, and a thorough breakdown of the cost. A truly comprehensive guide for anyone looking to use this moving service.
Utilising our global network of depots and drivers, we are delighted to have been able to deliver a smooth and transparent removals experience for the Johnston family - from generating a quote online to the happy day their luggage arrived safely at the door of their beautiful new home in Australia.
Watch as they talk through their entire MoveCube® removals service experience via an honest and humorous YouTube video
See the Johnston's review of our removal services to Australia:
FAQs about our international removals services to Australia
Since each person's requirements and destinations differ, use our free online quote engine to receive a personalised and accurate estimation for Australia removals. The quote tool only takes a few minutes to fill in and will itemise all removal costs, avoiding any unexpected charges after you place your order.
As one of the world's top international removals companies, we handle customs clearance for you. However, there are a few essential things to note:
- Your online Inventory Packing List must be accurate to let customs officials see precisely what you have packed in each container.
- All your goods must be thoroughly clean, especially for Australia removals, as you may be fined, charged for cleaning, or face delays if any organic matter is discovered.
- Shoes are frequently checked and must be clean and accessible at the entrance of the MoveCube® shipping crate.
Read our Australian Customs Advice for a full breakdown, including duty-free rules.
After booking our international removals service to Australia from the UK, log into your Seven Seas Worldwide account and fill in the following online shipping documents:
- An inventory itemising everything in the MoveCube® shipping container.
- A customs form.
- Scans of your passport - both photo and signature pages - and your visa for Australia.
- The shipment owner’s destination address, email, and contact phone number.
- Optional insurance forms to protect your Australia removals shipment in case something goes wrong.
Australian customs officials will see these forms, so accuracy is a must. Contact our multilingual support team for advice if you need help.
As one of the leading overseas moving companies in the world, we offer 2 weeks of free storage at our controlled depots in both the UK and Australia.
If your Australian removals plans change and you want to store your goods for longer after you complete your booking, no problem! Simply let us know more than 24 hours before your MoveCube® loading date.
Australia has a list of items banned from importation. Read through our Prohibited Goods page thoroughly before packing your removals shipment to prevent possible fines and delays at customs.
Due to the MoveCube's® size and weight (each can carry up to 1.25 tonnes!), we only transport international removals to Australia from the UK via sea, taking 101 days. This shipping service is the most affordable option and allows you to ship larger items like bicycles and furniture. Plus, it's better for the environment as it produces fewer CO2 emissions, reducing your shipment's carbon footprint.
We also offer air shipping if you only want to send a few boxes or bags overseas. Our International Shipping by Air service takes 14 days to reach Australia from the UK and is ideal if you have a slightly bigger budget and need your belongings more promptly.
Finding a reliable international removals company to ship your personal effects to Australia from the UK can be overwhelming. Look for removalists with plenty of experience and multilingual customer support. And consider the benefits of their shipping services, like whether they handle customs clearance or provide packaging.
Here are just a few reasons why ordering Seven Seas Worldwide's removals Australia service is the right decision:
- No hidden fees: no one enjoys getting hit with unexpected costs after purchasing a service, especially when budgeting for an overseas relocation to Australia. For 100% transparency, our removal quotes provide a clear, itemised breakdown of all the fees involved. Plus, we never ask for full payment upfront, instead charging in affordable instalments.
- Seamless shipping from start to finish: we operate our own depots, not an agent's, in Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth and Sydney, enabling us to handle the entire shipping process. That's why we can promise that from the time you place your order to the moment we deliver your shipment, you'll communicate with us and only us.
- World-class customer service: our support team successfully guides thousands of customers each year through the removal process. Our expert team speak several languages, including Cantonese, Afrikaans, Thai, Mandarin and English, and are available 24/7 to assist with any questions or concerns you may have about your removal.
- Years of experience: we've been operating in Australia since 2001, so you can trust your belongings are in safe hands. Our friendly team are also expert in handling the customs clearance process, thanks to their in-depth local knowledge.
- Convenient collection and delivery: start by getting a free instant removal quote. Next, place your order and choose suitable dates for us to drop off your MoveCube® Starter Pack and conduct a site inspection. We'll deliver the empty MoveCube® shipping container to your address for you to load within the allocated timeslot. Then, once you complete the customs documentation, we'll ship it to Australia and deliver your shipment to its destination.
Yes, our MoveCube® service is perfect for shipping furniture to Australia! This robust wooden crate acts as your own mini shipping container, offering your items maximum protection during long international removals from the UK to Australia.
Plus, we can provide multiple MoveCubes®, available in three different sizes, and deliver them directly to your address. You can then load them with everything from sofas and dining tables to garden furniture and wardrobes.
Our International MoveCube® removal service is designed to make shipping your personal effects from the UK to Australia stress-free. All you need to do is pick a suitable date for us to deliver the container to your door and then load it within the allocated timeslot.
Follow these three easy steps below for a smooth moving day experience:
1. Pack your belongings in advance
Keep your removal on track by packing your goods before the MoveCube® collection day. Luckily, we provide all international removals travelling from the UK to Australia with a free Starter Pack containing quality packaging to help you wrap your possessions securely.
This pack also contains floor sheets in each MoveCube® size, which you can lay flat and use to determine how much you can fit in the container.
2. Arrange parking for our vehicle
Please organise suitable parking for the van containing the MoveCube® shipping crate beforehand, especially if you live in a busy area, apartment block, or narrow road.
Parking should be within 20m of the collection and delivery addresses, as our driver must always keep the vehicle within eyesight.
3. Check your phone for a timeslot
We will text you the night before your removals collection and delivery days to confirm the timeslot allocated for loading or unloading. We base these timings on the number and size of MoveCubes® you're using. Timeframes vary from 60 minutes for a small container to 120 minutes for a large one.
To avoid delays, we highly recommend you bring your items to the entrance of your address before collection and ask friends or family for help.
How long do removals to Australia from the UK take?*
Removal by sea
*estimated timings dependent on global shipping circumstances
4-step packing guide for moving to Australia
Securely packing your possessions is one of the most important things to get right before your big trip to Australia. Such a big task can be stressful. So, go easy on yourself by putting aside enough time, getting some help from family and friends, and following these 4 useful tips (see our Moving FAQ for more advice):
Get rid of excess possessions:
Think carefully about what you take. After all, the more you pack, the more shipping costs. Use this opportunity to say goodbye to items you no longer need. You're unlikely to want those extra-thick jumpers, winter hats or woolly coats in Australia!
Pack fragile items with care:
Consider hiring an expert packer to securely pack your goods for their journey to Australia. If packing yourself, use plenty of strong packing tape to strengthen the base of the box and the lid.
Plenty of bubble wrap is essential! Wrap everything multiple times and place them as close to the middle of your box as possible. Place the heaviest items lowest and the lightest items at the top. If there are any gaps in your box, fill them with packing paper or used newspaper.
Organise parking for collection day:
Once you know your collection timeslot, ensure our drivers have an empty parking place. You may need to arrange parking permits or tickets to allow enough time for loading or unloading the MoveCube® shipping crate.
Ideally, this will allow our drivers to park within 20m of your collection and delivery addresses. Our drivers will happily offer advice and a trolley to help with moving your goods.
Distribute weight evenly in the MoveCube®:
Before loading the MoveCube®, lay out the corresponding floor sheets we provide to check your belongings fit inside. Place the heaviest items at the bottom. Put lighter items at the top to avoid being crushed, and fill any gaps to limit movement during its trek to Australia.
Avoid stuffing any loose items in at the last minute, as this will only lead to damage. Instead, pack as much as possible into sturdy boxes and bags.
We used a MoveCube® from the UK to Australia. From start to finish, the service was excellent. Both the drivers in the UK and Australia were professional, punctual, friendly and helpful. The team I dealt with over the phone were also great, answering any questions I had. I would definitely recommend Seven Seas Worldwide.Elizabeth
Relocation essentials: Australia removals
Aussies are friendly people who love nothing better than a back garden get-together with friends and family. Fairness is ingrained into society, with a willingness to give anyone an opportunity, no matter their background or religious belief. So, if you're moving for a relaxed life in the sun and a thriving, open culture to raise a family, Australia is the place for you. But before you pack your bags, here are some essential things to know when relocating:
Types of visas: you can apply for an eVisitor visa, which allows stays of up to 3 months per visit to Australia, as often as you like, within a year. The Department of Home Affairs has information on permanent visas, work-sponsored visa and retirees.
Job opportunities: as one of the world's best economies, Australia's job market is competitive for foreigners. However, highly-skilled workers are always welcome. Current in-demand jobs include nurses, software engineers, carers, early-years teachers, and construction managers.
Healthcare: Australia has Medicare which offers free medical treatment to all permanent residents. There is also a range of private health insurance options.
Education: depending on the state or territory, all children between 4, 5 or 6 and 15, 16 or 17 must be educated either at home or at a school. Also, Australia has many world-ranked universities, including the University of Melbourne (rank 34) and the University of Queensland (rank 53).
Lifestyle: Aussies have a relaxed, friendly attitude, which rubs off on tourists and settlers alike. Come for the scorching hot weather, beaches, and scenery, and stay for the thriving culture, passionate sports, and welcoming people.
Australian removals checklist
Although our international removals company takes care of your belongings every step of the way, follow this helpful checklist to stay on track for a stress-free move to Australia:
- Gather your documents: keep all your required paperwork in one place, including marriage and birth certificates and proof of income, in case you need quick access.
- Apply for a visa: thoroughly research Australian visas, then apply for one that best suits your and your family's needs.
- Find accommodation in Australia: once your visa is confirmed, decide what to do with your current house, whether to sell or rent it out. Allow yourself some settling-in time at your new location to ensure it's the right move. Consider renting for a while before investing in a new house.
- Book a removals service: get a free quick quote and arrange a suitable date for us to deliver a MoveCube® shipping container directly to your house for loading.
- Arrange travel: decide when you will arrive in Australia and book your flights. Please note: you must be present in the country when we deliver your removals shipment.
- Organise your finances: let your bank know you're moving to Australia and take out some spare cash to cover emergencies or last-minute purchases.
- Speak to a doctor: if you have recurring prescriptions, ask for a three-month supply to allow time to register at a new practice in Australia.
- Take pets to the vet: if you're bringing your furry best friend to Australia, set aside some time to vaccinate them and arrange a secure pet carrier for transportation.
- Have a declutter: only take what you need and sell or donate what you don't. After all, the less you ship to Australia, the cheaper it is!
- Pack your goods ready for our movers: before the MoveCube® loading day, ensure you carefully wrap and pack your possessions for shipping. You can either do this yourself following our handy Packing Guides or, for extra security, hire professional domestic household packing services to do the job for you. Then, place them as close to the entry of your building as possible. We also offer specialist boxes for large items such as guitars, surfboards, and bikes if needed.
- Get settled in your new home: once your goods sail through Australian customs, contact us to arrange a suitable delivery date. Now, all that's left to do is unpack and enjoy your new life in Australia!