The introduction of a new customs system at the Port of Surabaya is severely delaying the clearance of shipments to Indonesia. Please check our Global Shipping Statuses page for updates — we apologise for any inconvenience.
Why choose Seven Seas Worldwide
Purpose-built shipping boxes and materials provided
Enjoy 2 weeks FREE storage before and after shipping
Pick your own dates for shipment delivery and collection
Trusted with your shipments for over 25 years
We handle the quarantine and customs clearance process
We make removals to Malaysia affordable and easy
Malaysia is one of the most alluring destinations in the world. With unspoilt beaches, a diverse and harmonious mix of cultures, a low cost of living and gorgeous wildlife, what's not to love? So, if you're a retiree, a student moving abroad, or a young professional, start your new life in the sun today by using our experienced removal services.
As a trusted international moving company for over 25 years, we offer expert knowledge, secure moving pods, free packing supplies, and much more. Ship your household goods to that dream home out East with our reliable removal company for a straightforward and stress-free experience.
Trusted for over 25 years, we make moves to Malaysia easy
Affordable and user-friendly, our international removals service covers many areas of Malaysia, including Kuala Lumpur, Seberang Perai, Petaling Jaya, Johor Bahru and George Town. Explore just a handful of the benefits you can enjoy when choosing our overseas removal company:
- Free Starter Pack: the MoveCube®, our secure shipping crate designed to protect your goods during long journeys, includes free packing materials. Inside the pack, you'll find a measuring tape, a box cutter knife, a marker pen and a roll of parcel tape and a dispenser. Plus, 3 floor sheets to accurately help you assess what can fit in a Small, Medium or Large MoveCube®.
- Safe storage: to allow time to travel and settle into your dream home abroad, we offer 2 weeks of free storage at both our origin and destination country depots.
- No hidden fees: we are always upfront and transparent regarding cost. Start your overseas removal journey today with a free instant quote.
- Pay in 3 stages: we only ask for partial payment upfront, a fee when your goods are shipped, and a final payment before we deliver your household items to the door of your new home.
- Stress-free customs process: all you need to do is pack and fill in your online documents. We take care of everything from shipping to passing your possessions through customs.
Overseas removals to Malaysia in 5 simple steps
Free online quick quote
Our instant quote tool provides a clear, itemised cost with no hidden fees or nasty surprises.
Pick your dates
When placing your order, choose the materials delivery and shipment collection dates that suit you.
Securely pack your items
We deliver your empty shipping boxes or MoveCube®, ready for you to fill.
We collect and ship
Complete the online documentation. Then we'll transport your shipment to its destination.
Delivered to your address
Our team will clear your goods through customs and deliver them safely to your new home.
Ship your possessions safely with the MoveCube®
So, you've picked a sunny Malaysian destination to live in. Now it's time to pack your precious household items and ship them overseas. Perfect for large loads, our unique MoveCube® is a secure shipping container designed to give your goods the protection they need for long journeys. The MoveCube® can be loaded with everything from bedding and computers to furniture and kitchen appliances.
Start with a free instant quote, then place your order. Next, select suitable dates so we can visit your home, hand over a free Starter Pack and conduct a site inspection. We'll deliver as many MoveCubes® as you require to be loaded by you within an allotted time, and then we'll take them to our nearest depot for shipping. Lastly, ensure all your online documents are complete, and once your shipment arrives at the destination, choose a convenient date for us to deliver the MoveCube® to your new address overseas.
Worrying about your possessions as they travel around the world is understandable. We've put together insurance policies that protect your goods as they move by sea or air to Malaysia. For complete peace of mind, our online tracked shipping tool lets you monitor your possession's global movement.
Perfect for large loads, our unique MoveCube® is a secure shipping container designed to give your goods the protection they need for long journeys.
See our international MoveCube® in action:
What MoveCube® sizes can I choose from?
Expertly designed by our international removal company to safely transport your worldly possessions, the MoveCube® shipping service is available in three sizes to best suit your needs: Large, Medium, and Small (see below for dimensions). For big moves, you can order as many MoveCubes® as you like by letting our friendly customer service team know your requirements.
If you only need a small removal, our Ship Boxes and Bags to Malaysia service is your most cost-effective option.
H - 1.871m
W - 1.464m
L - 2.264m
B - 61cm
H - 1.871m
W - 1.464m
L - 1.114m
B - 61cm
H - 1.871m
W - 1.114m
L - 0.964m
B - 61cm
*Please note, the MoveCube® is loaded from the side panel.
FAQs about our international moving services
Shipping costs to Malaysia vary from person to person based on specific needs. Use our free quote tool for an accurate fee tailored to your requirements. It only takes a few minutes to fill in and shows a complete cost breakdown of each stage of the shipping process. Therefore, there's no need to worry about any headache-inducing hidden fees!
With over 25 years of experience helping people move belongings worldwide, we know exactly how to take care of customs clearance for you. However, there are a few essential things to keep in mind:
- Fill in your online inventory as you pack to ensure it matches what is in each container. Accuracy is a must, as Malaysian customs officials will see it.
- Upload scans of your passport's picture and signature page and, if needed, a scan of your visa.
- Your personal effects can avoid import duties, providing you are the owner of the goods for at least six months, and you are present in Malaysia when your shipment arrives. Please reference our Importing into Malaysia page for a full rundown, including details on any identification you may need.
Once you've generated a quote and made a booking with our international movers, log into your account and complete the following documents:
- An inventory of each item and container inside the MoveCube®.
- Scans of your passport's picture, signature pages, and a scan of your visa, if applicable.
- The owner of the shipment's email address, telephone number and destination address in Malaysia.
- For returning Malaysians, copies of the front and back of their Malaysian Identity Card.
- Optional insurance forms to protect your shipment in case an unforeseen event happens.
If you need help at any stage, our multilingual customer service team are happy to offer advice and answer any questions you may have.
As experienced overseas movers, we understand our customer's needs. When moving to Malaysia from the UK, we offer 2 weeks of free storage services at our secure depots in both countries. However, if your plans change and longer storage is required, contact our support team more than 24 hours before your MoveCube® loading day. We can then add time to your storage for a reasonable cost.
Some goods cannot be shipped to Malaysia. Please reference our regularly updated Prohibited Goods advice before packing to avoid unwanted fines and delays.
How long do removals to Malaysia from the UK take?*
*estimated timings dependent on global shipping circumstances
How to pack for overseas moves in 4 steps
Safely packing and preparing your possessions before they are transported worldwide is most important. Consider hiring a professional packer to come to your home and pack for you. Otherwise, set aside plenty of time and follow our helpful 4-step guide below (for more advice, please reference our comprehensive packing guides):
Wave goodbye to clutter:
When moving to a new climate, it's unlikely you'll need to ship everything you own. For example, snow boots on the beach are unnecessary! Consider this an ideal opportunity to sell, donate, or recycle what you no longer need.
eBay and Facebook Marketplace are fantastic resources for making extra money selling everything from clothes to electronics. High street charity shops will happily welcome anything in useable condition.
Be gentle with fragile items:
Begin by folding in the small flaps and then the large flaps at the bottom of your cardboard box. Then, tightly seal the base using three strips of overlapping parcel tape. Repeat when sealing the top.
Wrap everything with bubble wrap and cover delicate items such as crockery and glass in more than one layer. Stuff any gaps with packing paper or crumpled-up newspaper. Give your parcel a little shake. If you hear anything move, add more paper.
Arrange suitable parking for our driver:
Our vehicle must be parked as close to your home's entrance as possible, ideally within 20 meters. Pay for any necessary parking tickets or permits to ensure a smooth MoveCube® loading day experience.
If needed, we can loan you a trolly to help move your possessions. Our experienced driver is always available to offer tips and advice. However, they must keep the vehicle within sight at all times.
Steadily load the MoveCube®:
Before loading the MoveCube®, lay out the corresponding floor sheets we provide to check your belongings fit inside. Place heavier goods such as sofas and fridges on the bottom layer to build a solid base and fill any gaps.
However, only fill gaps with containers such as boxes and bags, as anything loose is at high risk of damage during transit.
I used Seven Seas Worldwide's MoveCube®, and I'm very satisfied with their service. Customer Service was patient and friendly, especially when filling out the paperwork. The drivers who handled my MoveCube® both in Malaysia and the UK were really punctual. I also sent a few boxes since some of my stuff didn't fit into the MoveCube®. Both the MoveCube® and my package arrived safely and within the estimated time. I would definitely recommend them to others.Nurzatul
Handy information about relocating to Malaysia
Life in Malaysia is influenced by religious observance, a vibrant mix of Asian cultures, and laid-back, friendly people. English is widely spoken, costs are low, the climate is tropical all year long, and there are many exciting outdoor activities to enjoy. But before you pack your bags and hop on a plane, we've compiled some must-know facts to help you relocate to one of the world's most popular destinations:
Types of visas: depending on your origin country, you may be able to visit Malaysia for up to 90 days without a visa. Consult your closest Malaysian diplomatic mission for longer stays to study, work or settle.
Job opportunities: one of the most attractive roles for foreigners in Malaysia is teaching English as a Second Language (ESL), which in recent years has included remote working as well as in-person. Other in-demand jobs include IT experts, engineers, bankers and marketers.
Healthcare: Malaysia's public universal healthcare system was recently rated 40th in the world by the CEOWorld Magazine's Health Care Index. All settled residents are eligible to receive treatment for small fees.
Education: schooling is compulsory in Malaysia for six years of primary, beginning at seven years old. QS World University Rankings include the University of Malaysia in Kuala Lumpur (65) and the University of Putra Malaysia in Seri Kembangan (143).
Lifestyle: Malaysians have a gentle and easy-going manner and are welcome to foreigners. As well as gorgeous beaches and year-long sunshine to enjoy, ever-popular activities include scuba diving, hiking, caving, golfing, shopping and endless colourful festivals and events.
Moving overseas checklist
With more than 25 years of knowledge and experience, our international removals company knows much about moving abroad. Follow our handy checklist to keep yourself on track for a stress-free international move:
- Gather your documents: keep all important documents, such as your passport, visa and ID, in one easily accessible place.
- Apply for a visa: research Malaysian visas and apply for one that best suits your needs, whether that's to study, work, or settle.
- Find accommodation: once your visa is confirmed, sell or rent your current home. Renting allows for the option to return in the future.
- Book an overseas moving company: grab a free quick quote and choose a convenient date so we can deliver a MoveCube® to your door, ready to be filled with your precious belongings.
- Arrange travel: work out the best time to move into your new home and then book your flights. Remember: you must be in Malaysia before your goods arrive.
- Sort your finances: let your bank know you're leaving the country and withdraw some cash for unexpected purchases or emergencies during your journey.
- Speak to a doctor: request a three-month supply of medicine you regularly take. Doing so gives you ample time to organise new healthcare once settled in Malaysia.
- Take pets to the vet: if your four-legged friends are coming along for the ride, ensure they are fully vaccinated and have a valid pet health certificate. Then, apply for an import permit from the Malaysian Quarantine and Inspection Services Department (MAQIS).
- Have a declutter: only pack what you really need to bring to your new home in the sun.
- Pack your belongings: cover all your household items in bubble wrap and pack them securely. Then, move all your containers to the entrance of your home to ensure a smooth loading day experience when your MoveCube® arrives.
- Enjoy life in your new home: we'll notify you once your goods have successfully passed through customs. All that's left for you is to select a suitable time for us to deliver your MoveCube®, then unpack and settle into a beautiful new life in your Far East paradise.