Why choose Seven Seas Worldwide
Purpose-built shipping boxes and materials provided
Enjoy 2 weeks FREE storage before and after shipping
Pick your own dates for shipment delivery and collection
Trusted with your shipments for over 25 years
We handle the quarantine and customs clearance process
Stress-free and affordable international moving services
A charmingly beautiful Northwestern EU country, the Netherlands attracts flocks of young professionals, retirees and new families looking to settle every year. With a flat terrain perfect for cycling, endless flower gardens, sandy beaches, canal rides, and so much more, it's easy to see why. So, why not start your exciting new life in the Kingdom of the Low Countries today by booking with our international moving company?
We've been providing trusted European removals services for over 25 years, we know the easiest and most stress-free way to move your belongings worldwide. With our team of moving experts, in-depth local knowledge and multilingual customer support, it's no surprise we're the number one choice for international moves.
Trusted overseas removals to the Netherlands
Affordable, modern and user-friendly, our moving service ships to most parts of the Netherlands, including the major cities of Amsterdam, Rotterdam, The Hague, Utrecht, Eindhoven, and Tilburg. Discover below just a handful of the many reasons to choose our international removal company:
- Complimentary Starter Pack: with your MoveCube® order, you'll receive a measuring tape, a box cutter knife, a marker pen and a roll of parcel tape and dispenser. Plus, three plastic floor sheets to help you estimate how much can fit in a Large, Medium or Small MoveCube®.
- Free storage: 2 weeks of storage for your shipment in both your origin and destination country for no fee, giving you ample time to travel to your new home safely.
- No hidden fees: because we are a transparent removals company, you can see an itemised cost breakdown during all stages of your move via our free instant quote.
- Pay in 3 instalments: we won't ask for full payment as soon as you make a booking. Instead, you can pay in three manageable instalments throughout your shipment's removals journey.
- Full customs clearance: as an experienced moving company, we know how to guide your shipment through customs. You only need to securely pack your goods and accurately complete your online documents.
How our European removals work in 5 steps
Free online quick quote
Our instant quote tool provides a clear, itemised cost with no hidden fees or nasty surprises.
Pick your dates
When placing your order, choose the materials delivery and shipment collection dates that suit you.
Securely pack your items
We deliver your empty shipping boxes or MoveCube®, ready for you to fill.
We collect and ship
Complete the online documentation. Then we'll transport your shipment to its destination.
Delivered to your address
Our team will clear your goods through customs and deliver them safely to your new home.
Removal services to the Netherlands with the MoveCube®
Once you've chosen a Dutch city or town to settle in, the next step is packing your belongings and transporting them. The MoveCube®, our robust moving pod, is designed to carry large loads - perfect for international removals. Working as your dedicated container, it protects your precious household goods during long journeys. The MoveCube® can be loaded with everything from furniture and domestic appliances to bicycles and golf clubs.
To begin your exciting overseas move, grab a quick free quote and place an order. Then, let us know a suitable date to deliver your free Starter Pack and conduct an on-site inspection for a trouble-free loading day experience. We'll then bring a MoveCube® to your door for you to load during a designated time period. Once full, we will then take the MoveCube® to our nearest depot. After your shipment arrives in the Netherlands, complete the necessary online documentation and schedule a date for us to deliver it to your new home.
Do you feel apprehensive about sending your goods on a distant journey? We offer comprehensive insurance policies for complete peace of mind. Additionally, our online tracker monitors the location of your removals shipment wherever it is worldwide.
The MoveCube®, our robust moving pod, is designed to carry large loads - perfect for international removals.
See our international MoveCube® in action:
How big is the MoveCube® moving pod?
Drawing on over 25 years of experience, our international removals company created the MoveCube® - a robust shipping container designed to safeguard your household items during long-distance moves. Available in three sizes: Large, Medium, and Small (see below for dimensions), you can order more than one MoveCube® for large moves by contacting our helpful customer support team.
If you only have a few boxes to send, why not try our boxes and bags shipping service.
H - 1.871m
W - 1.464m
L - 2.264m
B - 61cm
H - 1.871m
W - 1.464m
L - 1.114m
B - 61cm
H - 1.871m
W - 1.114m
L - 0.964m
B - 61cm
*Please note, the MoveCube® is loaded from the side panel.
Frequently asked questions about our removal service
The cost of Europe moving services varies depending on your specific needs. Use our convenient, free online quote tool for a transparent breakdown of all fees.
Another reason we're one of the top removals companies is because we take care of customs clearance for you! But, to avoid tax on your goods if arriving from a non-EU nation, keep in mind the following:
- You must complete an Inventory that accurately lists all possessions you are shipping.
- Only pack items you've owned and used for at least six months.
- Complete the necessary customs forms to clear your goods.
- You must have lived outside the European Union for at least one year before arrival.
- You may not sell or loan your goods after arrival.
After booking our removal service, log into your online account and complete the following documents:
- An inventory listing the entire contents of your shipment.
- For the MoveCube® service, a scanned copy of the shipment owner's original proof of registration (Inshrijfbewijs), including the cover letter received with the document.
- Scans of your passport's picture, signed pages, and a scanned visa for non-European citizens.
- Destination address, email, and contact phone number of the shipment owner.
- Optional insurance forms to protect your household items in the rare case of loss or damage.
Remember, Dutch customs officials will review these forms, so it's essential to ensure their accuracy. If you need help or advice at any stage, get in touch with our friendly service team.
Yes! For overseas moves, we provide 2 weeks of free storage at our nearest depots in both your origin and destination countries.
If your plans change and additional storage time is needed, please let us know, and we can add it for a cheap fee.
Like all nations, the Netherlands has a list of prohibited items to protect its citizens and environment. Please review our Prohibited Items page to avoid fines or delays as you pack your personal effects.
How long does shipping to the Netherlands from the UK take?*
*estimated timings dependent on global shipping circumstances
4 must-know packing tips for your international move
Packing your household goods securely is a top priority before shipping them. We recommend hiring a professional packing service to ensure the best results and ease stress. If choosing to pack on your own, set aside plenty of time and follow our 4 essential tips below (reference our in-depth packing guides for even more advice):
Have a declutter:
Assess which possessions you really need. Consider the climate and lifestyle differences and say goodbye to belongings that may not be useful or practical. Sell or donate items in good condition and dispose of anything broken or unwieldy.
eBay and Facebook Marketplace are excellent resources to generate some spare cash to fund your overseas removal. For anything else still in good condition, take them to your high street charity shop. You can dispose of unusable goods at the local tip.
Wrap and pack fragile goods with care:
Secure a solid base for your box by sealing the cardboard flaps with at least three layers of overlapping parcel tape. Repeat when sealing the top once your container is full. Cover each item in bubble wrap. Place heavy items at the bottom of the container and avoid overstuffing to prevent damage.
If you see any gaps, fill them with soft packing material like spare sheets, towels or packing paper. Once sealed, give your container a little shake. If you hear movement, add more padding.
Secure a parking spot for our vehicle:
To ensure a successful loading day experience, purchase parking tickets or permits if necessary. Ideally, our driver will be able to park within twenty meters of your home.
We can loan you a trolley to help transport containers, but our driver must be able to keep the vehicle within their line of sight at all times.
Evenly load the MoveCube® from the bottom:
Before loading the MoveCube®, lay out the corresponding floor sheets we provide to check your belongings fit inside. Place bulky items at the bottom and centre, with lighter items on top.
If you see a gap, fill it with a suitable container but avoid using loose items as they could easily be crushed or cause damage during transit.
My experience with Seven Seas Worldwide was excellent from start to finish. They were professional and friendly and kept me informed with constant communication throughout. I appreciated that I could call up 24/7 for advice and bookings. The Documents team were extremely helpful in guiding me with which documents would be required for customs. Tracking was superb. Would highly recommend this removals company.Joanne
A step-by-step guide for relocating to the Netherlands
The Netherlands is known for its flat landscapes, windmills, tulip fields, cheese, seafood, and unique cuisine. Its people are direct and independent, and the culture is one of tolerance and forward-thinking ideals. So, if you're looking for a new home in a vibrant, modern European city with endless things to see and do, look no further. First, follow our step-by-step moving guide before packing your bags:
Types of visas: citizens from European countries and Switzerland can reside in the Netherlands for three months without registering with local authorities. However, for non-European Union nationals, obtaining a Schengen visa is a prerequisite. They must also provide evidence of adequate financial resources, a clear criminal background, and good health.
Job opportunities: the Dutch economy is diverse, with many international organisations. However, like any job market, competition can be high, and it may be more challenging for foreigners to find work if they do not speak Dutch. That being said, many companies in the Netherlands do speak English and fields like IT, finance, and engineering are in high demand.
Healthcare: the Netherlands has a universal healthcare system funded by taxes and premiums. All residents must have health insurance, and most choose a private provider. Foreigners are entitled to the same healthcare as citizens if they have legal residence status and a valid BSN number. Non-EU citizens may have to pay additional costs.
Education: the government funds free and compulsory schooling for children between the ages of five to sixteen, based on the principle of equal opportunity for all. World-recognised places of higher education include the University of Amsterdam, Utrecht University, and Erasmus University Rotterdam.
Lifestyle: visit for the beautiful flower gardens and famous canals, and stay for the laid-back people, innovative and sustainable solutions, and a wealth of culture. From the Anne Frank House in Amsterdam to endless vibrant festivals, there's plenty for expats to love about the Netherlands.
Netherlands moving checklist
Even though our removal company are expert at eliminating the stress of shipping, this helpful checklist lets you fully prepare for the upcoming move itself:
- Gather your documents: collect all your important documentation, such as ID, visas, passports, proof of income and address, etc. and keep them in a safe and easily accessible place.
- Apply for a visa: research the most applicable Dutch visa for your needs, then apply and await approval.
- Find accommodation: consider renting or selling your current home. We recommend renting when you arrive in the Netherlands as it gives you time to acclimate before deciding on a big purchase like a home.
- Book an overseas moving company: grab a free quote in a matter of minutes, then let us know a suitable date to bring a MoveCube® or MoveCubes® to your home to be loaded by you.
- Arrange travel: to ensure a stress-free move, arrive in the Netherlands ahead of your shipment. Doing so gives you time to get comfortable in your new home and receive your belongings.
- Sort your finances: let your banks know you're emigrating, and withdraw some spare money to cover any last-minute purchases.
- Speak to a doctor: if you receive any regular medication, ask for a three-month supply, giving you lots of time to arrange new healthcare abroad.
- Pet relocation: if your four-legged furry friends are accompanying you on the big move, arrange their vaccinations and secure a safe pet carrier for transportation.
- Have a declutter: the fewer items you ship, the more cost-effective it will be. Think hard about what you need to take on a long trip overseas and then sell, donate, or discard what you don't.
- Pack your belongings: before your MoveCube® loading day, securely wrap and pack all your belongings and take them as close to the entrance of your home as possible.
- Settle into your new home: we'll notify you after your shipment has cleared customs. Then, schedule a delivery date. Once you've unloaded and unpacked your possessions, all that's left to do is sit back and enjoy your exciting new life!