Before you pack, check this list of items prohibited from entering particular countries and regions.
Why choose Seven Seas Worldwide
Purpose-built shipping boxes and materials provided
Enjoy 2 weeks FREE of storage services in your origin country
Pick your own dates for shipment delivery and collection
Trusted with your shipments for over 25 years
Your appointed agent will help you clear UAE customs
Trusted international removals to the United Arab Emirates
The United Arab Emirates is a modern country in the Middle East. Expats flock yearly for safe streets, 0% income tax, and high-quality healthcare and education. The UAE offers professionals, students and retirees the chance to live in a warm, peaceful nation surrounded by many cultures. So, why not get your new life in the UAE started today with our international removals company?
With over 25 years of experience moving household belongings overseas, we simplify the removals process. Our knowledgeable team and multilingual, round-the-clock customer service support you all the way.
Affordable overseas removal services for more than 25 years
Cost-effective and user-friendly, our international removals service covers most destinations across the UAE's seven emirates. Popular cities include Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Al Ain, Ajman and Ras Al Khaimah. Keep reading for more top reasons to move personal effects to the UAE using our removals services:
- Free packing materials: with each MoveCube® removals container order, you'll receive a complimentary Starter Pack. Inside, you'll find a measuring tape, a box cutter knife, a marker pen, a roll of parcel tape, and a tape dispenser. Plus, three plastic floor sheets help determine how many household items fit inside a Large, Medium or Small MoveCube® removals container.
- Complimentary storage services: arrive in the UAE ahead of your removals shipment with time to spare! Our international moving services includes two weeks of free storage in your origin country.
- No hidden removals fees: our handy online quote tool displays a transparent cost breakdown of your shipment's journey to the UAE in minutes.
- Pay for removals in stages: we won't demand the entire balance is paid immediately. Instead, you make two payments across your removal shipment's journey to the UAE including one to your appointed customs agent.
Overseas removals to the United Arab Emirates in 5 steps
Free online quick quote
Our instant quote tool provides a clear, itemised cost with no hidden fees or nasty surprises.
Pick your dates
When placing your order, choose the materials delivery and shipment collection dates that suit you.
Securely pack your items
We deliver your empty shipping boxes or International MoveCube®, ready for you to fill.
We collect and ship
Complete the online documentation. Then we'll transport your shipment to its destination.
Your appointed agent will help you with UAE quarantine and customs clearance.
UAE removals with the MoveCube®, your dedicated shipping container
After choosing which alluring UAE city to move to, it's time to pack up your household goods and move them. You can fill the MoveCube®, our dedicated removals container, with everything from garden furniture to sofas. Please note: if ordering more than one MoveCube®, they may arrive on separate days.
Begin with a quick free removals quote on our website and place an order. Then, pick a suitable date so we can conduct a site inspection at your home and hand over your complimentary Starter Pack. When you're ready, we'll bring one or more MoveCubes® to your door to be loaded by you within a specified timeslot. We'll then take your removals container load to our nearest depot. Next, complete your online shipping documents. Lastly, when the shipment arrives in the UAE, your appointed agent will help you clear customs.
Worrying about your precious household belongings while they travel to the UAE is natural. For extra peace of mind, consider shipment protection cover. Plus, you can always monitor its location using our online tracker.
You can fill the MoveCube®, our dedicated removals container, with everything from garden furniture to sofas.
See our international MoveCube® removals container in action:
What sizes of the MoveCube® container do you offer?
The MoveCube® is a shipping crate unique to our removal company. It offers your house removal complete protection during long journeys to the UAE. Available in three sizes to suit your family's needs, Large, Medium and Small (see below for dimensions), you can order several MoveCubes® by contacting our friendly customer service team.
If you only have a few removals containers to move to the UAE, save money with our boxes and bags shipping service.
H - 1.871m
W - 1.464m
L - 2.264m
B - 61cm
H - 1.871m
W - 1.464m
L - 1.114m
B - 61cm
H - 1.871m
W - 1.114m
L - 0.964m
B - 61cm
*Please note, the MoveCube® is loaded from the side panel.
FAQs about international removals to the UAE
The cost of international moves to the UAE varies depending on your circumstances. Use our free online quote tool for a removals cost breakdown specific to your moving needs.
When shipping to the UAE, personal belongings are exempt from customs duty charges as long as they are not for sale and the combined worth is under AED 3,000.
UAE authorities restrict the entry of certain goods to protect its citizens and the environment. Please reference our regularly updated Prohibited Goods page before packing your removals shipment to avoid costly delays.
Once you've made a removals booking, log into your online account and complete the following shipping documentation:
- An inventory listing every item inside the MoveCube(s)® removals container.
- Scans of the shipment owner's valid passport picture and signature pages.
- The shipment owner's UAE destination address, email address, and phone number.
- Optional insurance forms to ease stress in the rare chance your removals shipment becomes lost or damaged.
UAE authorities will see these shipping documents, so accuracy is a must. Our friendly customer service team can answer any questions and offer moving advice 24/7.
Like all nations, the UAE has banned specific items to protect its citizens and environment. Visit our Prohibited Goods page before packing your removals shipment for the most up-to-date information.
4 expert MoveCube® packing tips for overseas moves
It's essential to wrap and pack your household belongings well to ensure they arrive unscathed in the UAE. We highly recommend hiring a professional packer to ease stress and save time. Otherwise, pack slowly and reference our 4 top tips below. For further advice, check out How to load a MoveCube® and How to pack our shipping boxes.
Have a declutter:
Think hard about which belongings you need to move to the UAE. After all, your most cost-effective option is to ship less!
eBay and Facebook Marketplace are excellent resources for selling unwanted goods and making extra cash to fund the big move. Take whatever is left to charity shops, recycling centres or your local tip.
Securely pack your shipping containers:
Fold in the flaps of your box and seal with several layers of overlapping parcel tape. Use bubble wrap on everything and two layers for fragile things. Place heavy goods along the bottom and lighter effects above and away from the sides.
Disassemble your furniture to create space. Then, cover everything with protective materials to prevent them from rubbing against each other during removals to the UAE.
Ensure a parking spot for our moving vehicle:
For a happy moving day, purchase any necessary parking tickets or permits before the MoveCube® removals container arrives. Doing so lets our driver park twenty metres or less from the entrance to your home.
It's your responsibility to load the MoveCube®. Why not ask family and friends for help? A trolley is available to help move containers. Our driver can offer advice but must always keep the vehicle within eyesight.
Stack the MoveCube® evenly:
Use your Starter Pack's plastic floor sheets to determine how much can fit inside the MoveCube® removals container. Build steadily from the bottom up, starting with your heaviest goods and then lighter items and containers.
Fill gaps with boxes. Avoid using anything loose, as they could break easily and cause damage to the rest of your removals shipment during transit.
A fantastic and reliable moving service from start to end. Seven Seas Worldwide's staff need to be commended for their patience and willingness to help in every way possible. Thank you for making the move hassle-free. The after-hours staff are absolutely amazing. I will definitely be in touch when moving home. Thank you once again for the outstanding service and support.Noelene
Our essential moving guide for the United Arab Emirates
The UAE is a peaceful nation with both a traditional and modern global outlook. Gatherings to celebrate Islamic customs at mosques and festivals coexist with a thriving arts scene and rapid urbanisation. If you're hoping for an exciting country to mingle with other expats in the sun, you may have found your dream home. But before you rush to the airport, we've compiled some essential facts to help with your move to the UAE:
Types of visas: to qualify for a UAE Residence Visa, you must plan to work, study, retire, purchase a home or invest in the country. Visit the official the United Arab Emirates visa website for more information.
Job opportunities: the employment sector in UAE is thriving thanks to tax-free incomes and a large expat community. Most job opportunities are in large cities like Abu Dhabi and Dubai. Prominent industries include boat manufacturing, fishing, construction and oil.
Healthcare: access to quality facilities and highly-trained medical professionals is available via public and private providers. Free healthcare is available for citizens. However, expats must register for private health insurance.
Education: schooling in UAE follows an international curriculum, with English as a common language. High-ranking institutions include Khalifa University and United Arab Emirates University (UAEU).
Lifestyle: enjoy an exciting, cosmopolitan environment thanks to the number of worldwide immigrants. Popular activities include shopping, dining out, football, cricket, religious practices and volunteering. Come for the sun and low taxes, and stay for the welcoming people, safe streets and modern outlook!
Removals checklist for international moves
Even though our moving company makes shipping household goods to the UAE easy, use this handy removals checklist to get you and your family ready for the move itself:
- Gather your paperwork: keep all your essential documents, such as ID, marriage certificates, and proof of address, in one place for quick access.
- Apply for a UAE visa: research which UAE visa best suits you and your family's needs, then apply and await approval.
- Arrange accommodation: sell or rent your current home, then decide to buy or rent once in the United Arab Emirates. Renting lets you slowly acclimatise before making a big decision like buying a home.
- Book international removals experts: grab a quick free quote on our website, then select a suitable date so we can bring a MoveCube® or MoveCubes® to your door.
- Arrange travel to the UAE: book flights early so you can arrive in the UAE ahead of your removals shipment and settle into your new home.
- Sort your finances: inform your bank you're going abroad and withdraw some UAE Dirham to cover any emergency purchases until you open a new bank account.
- Speak to a doctor: request a three-month supply of any current medication. Doing so gives you plenty of time to sort out new healthcare once settled.
- Pet relocation to the UAE: arrange all necessary vaccinations and purchase a safe pet carrier for the trip. All pets entering the UAE must be identifiable via microchip.
- Have a declutter: think carefully about what belongings you'll need in the UAE. After all, the smaller your removals shipment, the cheaper it will be. Sell everything you no longer need online or donate to your local charity shop.
- Pack your belongings: securely wrap and pack all your belongings and place them in sturdy containers. The evening before your MoveCube® loading day, move all your furniture and containers as close to your building's exit as possible.
- Settle into the UAE: after your removals shipment clears customs in the UAE, we'll be in touch. Then, your appointed agent will help you clear customs. All that's left to do now is take the MoveCube(s)® to your new home to unload, unpack and then dispose of it.