The introduction of a new customs system at the Port of Surabaya is severely delaying the clearance of shipments to Indonesia. Please check our Global Shipping Statuses page for updates — we apologise for any inconvenience
Why choose Seven Seas Worldwide
Purpose-built shipping boxes and materials provided
Enjoy 2 weeks FREE storage before and after shipping
Pick your own dates for shipment delivery and collection
Trusted with your shipments for over 25 years
We handle the quarantine and customs clearance process
Removals to Thailand: everything you need to know
Thanks to affordable living, endless sunshine, beautiful beaches and a welcoming culture, thousands of people flock to Thailand every year to begin a new life. Whether you're moving for a new job, travelling long term or a retiree, the Land of Smiles is an alluring and rewarding destination for all.
As one of the world's best-loved international removal companies for over 25 years, we know exactly how to make your moving experience stress-free and straightforward. Due to our worldwide depots, secure moving containers, multilingual customer support, and much more, we can offer a reassuring hand during each step of your journey.
Making international moves easy for over 25 years
Cost-effective and easy to use, our international moving service covers most of Thailand, including ever-popular destinations such as Bangkok, Nonthaburi, Nakhon Ratchasima, Chiang Mai and Hat Yai. Explore just a few of the key benefits of choosing our international movers:
- Free Starter Pack: the MoveCube®, our unique moving pod, comes with a measuring tape, a box cutter knife, a marker pen and a roll of parcel tape and a dispenser, all free of charge! Plus, 3 floor sheets that you can use to estimate how much can fit into a Small, Medium or Large MoveCube®.
- Secure storage: free storage for up to 2 weeks in both our origin and destination country depots, giving you ample time to travel and settle into your new surroundings.
- No surprise fees: grab a free instant quote today for an itemised cost breakdown during every stage of the shipping process.
- Pay in instalments: we won't ask you to pay an upfront bill when booking our removal services. First, pay a small deposit, and then a final payment when we ship your possessions to your beautiful new home abroad.
- Simple customs process: once you've packed and completed all your online documentation, we'll take care of the rest. From collecting, storing, and delivering your goods to clearing them through customs, your belongings are safe with our team of expert movers.
International moving services in 5 easy steps
Free online quick quote
Our instant quote tool provides a clear, itemised cost with no hidden fees or nasty surprises.
Pick your dates
When placing your order, choose the materials delivery and shipment collection dates that suit you.
Securely pack your items
We deliver your empty shipping boxes or MoveCube®, ready for you to fill.
We collect and ship
Complete the online documentation. Then we'll transport your shipment to its destination.
Delivered to your address
Our team will clear your goods through customs and deliver them safely to your new home.
Move household items worldwide with our MoveCube® shipping container
Once you've decided which captivating city to live in, it's time to pack up your worldly possessions and send them off to Thailand. Designed for home removals, our unique MoveCube® acts as your own dedicated container that you can load with everything from sofas and cupboards to bedding and musical instruments.
We make moving to Thailand from Hong Kong a straightforward process. To begin, get a free instant quote, which displays a breakdown of all costs, and then place an order. Next, pick convenient dates so we can drop off your free Starter Pack and conduct a site inspection to ensure a smooth loading day. Then, we'll deliver as many MoveCubes® as you require to your door, ready to be loaded by you within an assigned time. We'll take your MoveCube® or MoveCubes® to our closest depot for shipping. Finally, complete your online documents, and once your shipment arrives in the destination country, choose a suitable date so we can deliver your goods to the door of your new address in The Kingdom of Thailand.
We understand that saying goodbye to your precious household items as they move around the world can be a stressful experience. For complete peace of mind, we offer comprehensive insurance policies that cover your goods in the rare case of a mishap. Plus, our reassuring online tracking tool lets you see your shipment's worldwide location.
Designed for home removals, our unique MoveCube® acts as your own dedicated container that you can load with everything from sofas and cupboards to bedding and musical instruments.
See our international MoveCube® in action:
What MoveCube® sizes are there?
The MoveCube® is a secure shipping crate unique to our overseas removal company designed to carry your goods across land and sea safely. Three sizes are available to suit your requirements: Large, Medium and Small (see below for dimensions). If you have a large amount to move, you can order multiple MoveCubes® by calling our always-helpful customer service team.
For small removals, our Ship Boxes and Bags to Thailand service is your best option.
H - 1.871m
W - 1.464m
L - 2.264m
B - 61cm
H - 1.871m
W - 1.464m
L - 1.114m
B - 61cm
H - 1.871m
W - 1.114m
L - 0.964m
B - 61cm
*Please note, the MoveCube® is loaded from the side panel.
FAQs about our international removals service
As a highly experienced international moving company, we offer cost-effective services for your specific needs. Grab a free online quote in minutes to see a transparent breakdown of charges.
Our overseas removals service takes care of customs clearance for you. However, keep in mind the following essential points:
- Ensure your inventory matches precisely what you packed, as it will be seen by customs officials who may ask to inspect your goods.
- Upload scans of your passport's picture and signature page and, if needed, a scan of your visa.
- Your personal effects could be imported duty-free, providing they meet specific criteria. For a full rundown, read our Importing into Thailand page.
After booking with our international removals company, log into your account and complete the below online documents:
- The inventory - an accurate packing list of every item inside the MoveCube®.
- Scans of the photo and signature pages of your passport and your visa, if applicable.
- The shipment owner's destination address, email, and contact phone number.
- Optional insurance forms to give your shipment extra protection.
Our friendly multilingual support team can answer any questions you may have.
As international removal experts, we understand what our customers need. That's why we offer 2 weeks of free storage at our secure depots in both your origin and destination country. If plans change and you need longer storage time, contact our friendly support team. Tell us more than 24 hours before your MoveCube® loading day, and we can lengthen your storage for an affordable fee.
As with all countries, there are items you can't ship to Thailand. Please read our Prohibited Goods page before packing to avoid stressful fines or delays.
How long will my removal to Thailand from Hong Kong take?*
*estimated timings dependent on global shipping circumstances
4 top tips for secure packing when moving abroad
Moving your possessions to the other side of the world can be a stressful experience. Therefore, It's important to pack your things as securely as possible before they leave your home. One option is hiring a professional packing service or domestic mover to pack for you. If this is not possible, follow our 4 helpful tips below (read our in-depth packing guides for more advice):
Say goodbye to clutter!:
Shipping everything to your new home is perhaps not the best option. So, this is an ideal chance to sell, donate, or throw away what you no longer need.
From furniture to clothes, eBay and Facebook Marketplace are great resources for making money from unwanted household items. Charity shops will happily take anything in good condition you have spare.
Take extra care with fragile goods:
Cover items such as crockery and glass in bubble wrap. Place heavy goods down low, with lighter goods above and away from the sides of your box. Use three layers of overlapping parcel tape to seal the bottom of the box, and do the same when sealing at the top.
To avoid items bashing against each other during transit, fill any gaps with packing paper, newspaper, or material such as towels.
Ensure our driver has space to park:
On your MoveCube® loading day, our vehicle must be parked at least 20 metres from the entrance to your home. Pay for any necessary parking tickets or permits to ensure you have enough time to load within your allotted slot.
We can provide a trolly to help you move your goods if needed. Our driver is always on hand to offer tips and advice, though they must keep the vehicle within sight.
Carefully load the MoveCube®:
Before loading the MoveCube®, lay out the corresponding floor sheets we provide to check your belongings fit inside. Place your heaviest items, such as sofas and washing machines, at the bottom of the MoveCube®. If you see a gap, fill it with a container. Slot everything together neatly like a fun game of Tetris!
Avoid placing loose items in gaps as they are at risk of damage. Instead, place them in secure containers.
An outstanding service with help and support every step of the way. My agent Jeffrey was almost like a new friend, providing advice and researching things that were out of his job description. Thank you to all that made our move across the other side of the world so easy and stress-free.Kyle
Relocating to Thailand: international moving essentials
Adopting influences from neighbouring countries such as China, India, and Myanmar, the culture in Thailand is diverse. Buddhism and Hinduism play significant roles, which can be seen in everything from food and art to local customs. If you're looking for a peaceful, enriching life with beautiful weather and affordable living costs, Thailand is the new home for you. But before you pack your bags, we've gathered some essential info to help guide the big move abroad:
Types of visas: a visa is required to enter Thailand. Holiday-makers will be issued a 60-day, single-entry visa with a possible extension of 30 days. There are various visas related to work, study, settlement and retirement, which you can apply for via your local Thai Embassy.
Job opportunities: the most popular role for expats is teaching English as a Second Language (ESL), which can be practised within a school or privately. Other sought-after jobs include IT specialists, real estate managers and driving instructors.
Healthcare: via Thailand's universal coverage program, medical treatment is free or low cost for all nationals and citizens. To avoid long queues and waiting lists, expats often choose private healthcare, which English-speaking foreigners often staff.
Education: the government provides fifteen years of free education, of which six years of primary and three years of secondary school are compulsory. High-ranking universities include Mahidol in Salaya, Chulalongkorn in Bangkok and Chiang Mai University.
Lifestyle: Thai people are laid back and like to have fun. Conflict is avoided using the commonly heard phrase "mai pen rai", which translates to "it doesn't matter". Religious observance and respect for elders are also highly regarded. Popular activities include dining out, hiking, and enjoying beach life.
Settling overseas checklist
Utilising over 25 years of experience, our international removal experts have put together an easy-to-follow checklist designed to make your big move 100% stress-free:
- Gather your documents: choose a safe place to store all your essential travel documents, such as your passport, visa, and any proof of ID you may need.
- Apply for a visa: whether you're travelling, settling for work, retiring, or studying, apply for a visa that best suits your needs, then await notification of approval.
- Find accommodation: decide if you should rent or sell your current residence. Once you arrive in Thailand, we recommend renting to allow plenty of time to adjust to a new way of life before buying.
- Book an overseas moving company: simply generate a free quick quote, then choose an appropriate date so we can deliver a MoveCube® to your door.
- Arrange travel: book flights ahead so you can arrive in Thailand well before we deliver a MoveCube® to your beautiful new home.
- Sort your finances: inform whoever you bank with that you're leaving the country and take out some spare cash to cover any last-minute expenses.
- Speak to a doctor: request a three-month supply of medicines you currently take. Doing so allows gives you time to settle into your new country and find a suitable medical practitioner.
- Pet relocation: if your furry friends are coming along for the ride, ensure they are fully vaccinated and have a microchip and health certificate from your vet. Apply for an Import Permit, and then arrange a suitable pet carrier.
- Have a declutter: look around your home. Be ruthless about what you need to take with you. After all, the less you ship, the cheaper it costs! Consider selling, donating, recycling, or dumping what you no longer need.
- Pack your belongings: securely wrap and pack all your goods. For a smooth MoveCube® loading day, move your personal effects near the entrance of your building.
- Enjoy life in your new home: once your belongings have passed through customs, select a MoveCube® delivery date via your online account. Now, all that's left to do is unpack, relax, and settle into your exciting new life in Thailand.