Before you pack, check this list of items prohibited from entering particular countries and regions.
Why choose Seven Seas Worldwide
Purpose-built shipping boxes and materials provided
Enjoy 2 weeks FREE of storage services in your origin country
Pick your own dates for shipment delivery and collection
Trusted with your shipments for over 25 years
Your appointed agent in Mauritius will help you clear customs
International removals to Mauritius you can trust
The Republic of Mauritius is a small island in the Indian Ocean near the southeastern coast of Africa. Expats move yearly for the tropical climate, diverse culture and low crime rates. A stable economy, high-quality healthcare and pristine beaches add to the attraction. Mauritius offers families, students and retirees the chance to live among lush landscapes and welcoming people. So, why not get your new life in Mauritius started today with our moving service?
With more than 25 years of experience shipping household goods overseas, you're in safe hands. Our expert team and 24/7, multilingual customer service support you at every step.
Affordable international removals to Mauritius
Cost-effective and helpful, our removal services cover most regions and towns across Mauritius. Popular destinations include Port Louis, Beau-Bassin Rose-Hill, Vacoas-Phoenix, Curepipe, and Quatre Bornes.
Keep reading for more unbeatable reasons why our moving company makes removals to Mauritius simple.
- Complimentary packing materials: when you order a MoveCube® moving pod, you'll receive a free Starter Pack. Inside is a measuring tape, a box cutter knife, a marker pen, a roll of parcel tape, and a tape dispenser. Plus, three plastic floor sheets to help estimate how much can fit inside a Large, Medium or Small MoveCube®.
- Free storage services: travel to Mauritius stress-free. Thanks to 2 weeks of storage for your shipment in your origin country, there's no need to feel rushed.
- Upfront removal fees: once you've generated a free online quote, you'll see a transparent cost breakdown of your shipment's journey to Mauritius with no hidden fees.
- Pay in stages: we won't ask for the entire bill immediately. Instead, you make two payments across your shipment's removal journey, including one to your appointed customs agent in Mauritius.
International removals to Mauritius in 5 steps
Free online quick quote
Our instant quote tool provides a clear, itemised cost with no hidden fees or nasty surprises.
Pick your dates
When placing your order, choose the materials delivery and shipment collection dates that suit you.
Securely pack your items
We deliver your empty shipping boxes or International MoveCube®, ready for you to fill.
We collect and ship
Complete the online documentation. Then we'll transport your shipment to its destination.
Your appointed agent will help you with quarantine and customs clearance.
International removals with the MoveCube® moving pod
After choosing your favourite town in Mauritius to settle in, it's time to pack your household items and ship them. The MoveCube® is a sturdy removal container you can fill with everything from three-piece sofas to kitchen appliances. Please note: if ordering more than one MoveCube®, they may arrive on separate days.
Begin with a free online quote in minutes, and place an order. Then, pick a convenient date so we can operate a site inspection at your home and hand over your free Starter Pack. Next, we'll bring a MoveCube® to your door to be loaded by you within a defined timeslot. Once full, we'll move your container to our nearest depot. Then, complete all required documents online, including a detailed inventory. Finally, your appointed agent will help you clear customs when your shipment docks in Mauritius.
It can be stressful waving goodbye to personal effects as they travel by land and sea. So, we offer comprehensive insurance policies to put your mind at ease. Plus, you can monitor your shipment's worldwide location using our online tracker.
The MoveCube® is a sturdy removal container you can fill with everything from three-piece sofas to kitchen appliances.
See our international MoveCube® in action:
Is the MoveCube® available in several sizes?
The MoveCube® is a robust removal crate unique to our international moving company. It offers your furniture and belongings total protection during long journeys abroad. There are three sizes to suit your needs: Large, Medium and Small (see below for dimensions). You can order as many MoveCubes® as needed by contacting our friendly customer service team.
Our boxes and bags shipping service is the most affordable option if you only have a few items to send to Mauritius.
H - 1.871m
W - 1.464m
L - 2.264m
B - 61cm
H - 1.871m
W - 1.464m
L - 1.114m
B - 61cm
H - 1.871m
W - 1.114m
L - 0.964m
B - 61cm
*Please note, the MoveCube® is loaded from the side panel.
FAQs about our move to Mauritius services
Removal costs when moving household goods to Mauritius depend on individual circumstances. Factors include how big your shipment is, your origin and destination addresses, and your shipping method. Get a free instant quote for a cost breakdown specific to your needs.
Personal items are not liable for customs tax if you're taking up permanent residence, moving on a working visa or are a citizen returning after a year. But you must have purchased your possessions abroad, import them within six months of your arrival in Mauritius and not sell them.
After booking our moving services, log into your account and complete the following:
- An inventory listing all the items inside the MoveCube® moving pod.
- Scans of the shipment owner's valid passport picture and signature pages.
- The shipment owner's destination address, email address, and phone number.
- Optional insurance forms for added protection in the rare chance your shipment is lost or damaged.
Customs officers in Mauritius will see these documents, so accuracy is essential. Our customer service team is available to answer questions 24/7.
Like all countries, Mauritius has restrictions on some goods to protect its citizens and environment. Check out our Prohibited Goods page as you pack for the latest information.
Our 4 expert MoveCube® packing tips
Properly wrapping and packing household items is a must when moving to Mauritius. We highly recommend hiring a professional packing service to ease stress. Otherwise, take your time and follow our 4 top tips below. For even more in-depth advice, reference How to load a MoveCube® and How to pack our boxes.
Have a thorough declutter:
Write a list of everything you want to keep and everything you won't need in Mauritius. For example, will you have use for thick winter coats and scarves? Remember, the fewer items you ship, the more affordable it will be.
Wrap delicate items well:
Seal your box's base with several layers of overlapping parcel tape. Repeat at the top. Use bubble wrap on all items and three layers for fragile effects. Place heavy goods at the bottom and lighter things above.
Create more space inside the MoveCube® moving pod by disassembling your furniture, if possible. Then, cover everything with blankets to stop them from rubbing together during transit.
Buy parking tickets:
For a smooth MoveCube® loading day experience, purchase any necessary parking tickets or permits in advance. Our driver must be able to park twenty metres or less from the entrance to your home.
You are responsible for loading the MoveCube(s)®. There is a trolley you can borrow to transfer boxes. Our driver can offer advice, but they must always be able to keep the vehicle in eyesight.
Carefully load the MoveCube®:
Using your Starter Pack's floor sheets, work out how much fits inside a MoveCube® moving pod before loading day. Place heavy goods like sofas at the bottom, then carefully slot lighter items above and around them — like a fun game of Tetris!
Fill gaps with solid containers and avoid using loose items since they might easily break and damage the rest of your belongings.
Seven Seas Worldwide has been transparent from the beginning regarding moving costs and services, and they deliver exactly what they promise. They stuck to the agreed timelines perfectly, and everything went smoothly. They actually go the extra mile to help wherever they can, and all our questions were answered promptly and clearly. They helped to guide me when I was unsure, were patient, and made helpful suggestions. I am relieved and reassured that our MoveCube® is now underway. I would recommend them to anyone looking to relocate.Katrin
Moving to Mauritius: a quick guide for your overseas move
Mauritian culture draws from diverse influences, including Indian, African, Chinese, and European traditions. Respect for one another's heritage is highly valued, fostering a sense of unity. If you want to raise a family or retire surrounded by beautiful beaches and hospitable people, you might have found your dream home abroad. But before you dash to the airport, read our essential relocation facts to help with the move:
Types of visas: expats wishing to work in Mauritius need both a residence and work permit. After three years, foreign nationals can apply for a Permanent Residence Permit. But, it is only valid for ten years before requiring renewal. Reference the Mauritius Passport and Immigration Office website for further details.
Job opportunities: French is widely spoken and would be advantageous to learn, but English is prevalent in most businesses. In-demand sectors include finance, sales, IT, healthcare, engineering and construction.
Healthcare: high-quality public services are mostly free for citizens and residents. Private healthcare options are also available and often preferred due to shorter waiting times.
Education: schooling is compulsory for children aged 5 to 16 and follows a British-influenced system. There is a mix of public and private schools, with English and French as the primary languages. Popular universities include the University of Mauritius and Middlesex University Mauritius.
Lifestyle: Mauritians embrace a relaxed yet active lifestyle. Popular outdoor activities include scuba diving, surfing, hiking and golf. The island's natural beauty encourages leisurely exploration and laid-back living. Plus, thanks to multicultural influences, there are diverse culinary options.
Removals checklist when moving to Mauritius
Even though our international removal service makes shipping household goods to Mauritius easy, use our helpful checklist to get ready for the move itself:
- Gather your paperwork: keep all essential documents, such as marriage certificates and ID, nearby for easy access.
- Apply for a visa: research the best Mauritian visa for you and your family's needs, then apply and await approval.
- Arrange accommodation in Mauritius: decide to sell or rent your current residence, then choose whether to buy or rent in Mauritius. Renting lets you fully acclimatise before making a big purchase like a new home.
- Book international movers: start with a free quote on our website, then pick a date so we can bring a MoveCube® moving pod to your door.
- Arrange travel: book flights to Mauritius ahead of your shipment's arrival so you can settle into your new home.
- Sort your finances: inform your bank you're moving abroad and withdraw some Mauritian rupee to cover any emergencies.
- Speak to a doctor: ask for a 90-day supply of your current prescriptions. Doing so gives you ample time to arrange new healthcare once in Mauritius.
- Pet relocation: ensure your furry friends have up-to-date health certificates, import permits, vaccinations, and microchips. Then, purchase a safe pet carrier for the journey. Reference the official Mauritius Sanitary and Phytosanitary Information website for more information.
- Have a declutter: be ruthless! Only keep items you'll need in Mauritius. After all, the less you move, the cheaper it will be. Sell, donate, or recycle the rest.
- Pack your belongings: place all your possessions in sturdy boxes. For a successful loading day, move all containers and furniture as close to your building's exit as possible the evening before.
- Settle into your new home: when your shipment docks in Mauritius, your appointed agent will help you clear customs. All that's left to do now is take the MoveCube® to your home, unload it, dispose of it, and settle into your exciting new life!