Before you pack, check this list of items prohibited from entering particular countries and regions.
Why choose Seven Seas Worldwide?
Purpose-built shipping boxes and materials provided
Enjoy 2 weeks FREE storage before and after shipping
Pick your own dates for shipment delivery and collection
Trusted with your shipments for over 25 years
We handle the quarantine and customs clearance process
Trusted international removals to France
France is a large Western European country, rich in culture and history. Expats worldwide flock yearly for artisan food, romantic streets, and landmark architecture. La République is one of the world's most popular locations, ideal for professionals, students and retirees. So, why not start your new life in France today with our international removers?
With over 25 years of experience helping people move overseas, our removal company makes the process straightforward. Our in-depth local knowledge and multilingual customer service support you at every stage.
Affordable overseas removals for over 25 years
Cost-effective and hassle-free, we offer international removals to all cities and towns across France, including Paris, Nantes, Lyon, Toulouse, Marseille and Bordeaux. Keep reading for more reasons to choose our moving company:
- Free packing materials: with your MoveCube®, you'll receive a complimentary Starter Pack. Inside you'll find a measuring tape, a box cutter knife, a marker pen, a roll of parcel tape, and a dispenser. Plus, three floor sheets to help you estimate what can fit inside a Large, Medium or Small MoveCube®.
- Free secure storage: our removals service includes two weeks of free storage in the origin and destination of most countries where we operate.
- No surprise fees: our free instant quote tool displays a transparent cost breakdown of your removal from start to finish.
- Pay in stages: instead of paying the total cost upfront, you make several instalments across your shipment's journey.
- We clear customs: thanks to our expert local knowledge, we'll guide your household items through customs. All you need to do is pack your possessions and complete your online documents.
Our international removal services in 5 steps
Free online quick quote
Our instant quote tool provides a clear, itemised cost with no hidden fees or nasty surprises.
Pick your dates
When placing your order, choose the materials delivery and shipment collection dates that suit you.
Securely pack your items
We deliver your empty shipping boxes or MoveCube®, ready for you to fill.
We collect and ship
Complete the online documentation. Then we'll transport your shipment to its destination.
Delivered to your address
Our team will clear your goods through customs and deliver them safely to your new home.
France removals with our shipping crate, the MoveCube®
After choosing a gorgeous French city or town to live in, it's time to pack all your household items and ship them! You can fill the MoveCube®, our sturdy shipping container, with everything from fridges to guitars!
Begin with an instant free quote on our website and place an order. Then, select a date so we can visit your home, conduct a site inspection and hand over your free Starter Pack. Next, we'll bring a Small, Medium or Large MoveCube® or MoveCubes® to be loaded by you during a designated timeslot. We'll then transport the container to our nearest depot. Finally, complete all your online documents. Once your shipment arrives in France, choose a delivery date so we can take it to your new home.
It's understandable to worry as your precious household possessions travel overseas. To reduce stress, we offer comprehensive insurance policies.
You can fill the MoveCube®, our sturdy shipping container, with everything from fridges to guitars!
See our international MoveCube® in action:
How many sizes of the MoveCube® are there?
The MoveCube® is a removal container unique to our shipping company. It offers your household goods robust protection during long journeys. It's available in three sizes — Large, Medium and Small (see below for dimensions). You can order several MoveCubes® by contacting our multilingual customer support team.
Your most cost-effective option for small removals to France is our ship boxes and bags service.
H - 1.871m
W - 1.464m
L - 2.264m
B - 61cm
H - 1.871m
W - 1.464m
L - 1.114m
B - 61cm
H - 1.871m
W - 1.114m
L - 0.964m
B - 61cm
*Please note, the MoveCube® is loaded from the side panel.
FAQs about our moving service to France
Our prices are affordable because our overseas removalists control the process from end to end. But, the cost of international moves varies based on the size of your shipment and how far it's travelling. Use our free quick quote tool for an itemised cost breakdown specific to your needs.
EU citizens can import used personal items duty and tax-free. If arriving from a non-EU country, items under six months old incur a charge of 20% VAT, and you must import your goods within twelve months of arrival.
French authorities have banned some items from importation to protect its citizens and the environment. Please reference our regularly-updated Prohibited Goods as you pack to avoid unwanted costs or delays.
After booking our removals service, log into your online account and fill in the following documents:
- An Inventory listing every item inside the MoveCube®.
- Scans of the shipment owner's valid passport picture, signature pages, and scanned visa for non-EU citizens.
- The shipment owner's destination address, email address, and phone number.
- Optional insurance forms to protect your personal belongings in the rare case they become lost or damaged.
French authorities will see these forms, so accuracy is a must. Round-the-clock customer support is available to answer any questions you have.
Like all countries worldwide, France has a list of goods banned from import to protect its citizens and environment. Please visit our Prohibited Goods page for the most up-to-date information.
How long do removals to France from Hong Kong take?*
*estimated transit time is dependent on global shipping circumstances
Pack boxes for overseas removals in 4 easy steps
Securely packing furniture removals and containers is essential when relocating overseas. Hiring professional packing services will ease stress and save time. Otherwise, pack carefully and check out our 4 tips below. For more in-depth packing advice, reference How to load a MoveCube® and How to pack our boxes.
Declutter your home!:
Walk from room to room and decide what you need to take abroad. After all, the fewer items you ship, the cheaper it will be.
Be careful with delicate goods:
Create a strong base for your box with several layers of overlapping parcel tape. Repeat when sealing the lid. Wrap all items in bubble wrap, with two layers for fragile goods such as plates. Place heavy goods along the bottom and lighter effects above and central.
Fill any gaps with soft materials like towels and packing paper. Once filled, give your container a little shake. If you hear something move, add more soft materials.
Arrange a parking place for our vehicle:
If necessary, buy parking tickets and permits before the MoveCube® arrives. Doing so allows our driver to park within twenty meters of your home's entrance.
You are responsible for loading the MoveCube®, so ask friends and family for assistance. Our driver can loan you a trolley to help transfer containers, but they must always keep the vehicle within sight.
Load the MoveCube® evenly by weight:
Use your Starter Pack's floor sheets to determine how much can fit inside a Large, Medium or Small MoveCube®. Place your heaviest items at the bottom and build above and around them with lighter containers.
Fill gaps with containers. Avoid using loose items, as they could break and cause damage to the rest of your belongings during transit.
I am very satisfied with Seven Seas Worldwide's MoveCube®. It was such a hassle-free process. They provided great service, including a door-to-door tracker. The customer service were fast in responding to queries. I totally recommend them.Jane
Moving to France: an essential guide
French people value artistic and intellectual expression, sharing food and national identity. So, if you're looking to retire or settle in a country rich with culture, freedom of expression and artisan food and wine, La République could be your new home. But before you hop on the next plane, here are a few essential facts to help with the big move:
Types of visas: EU citizens and those from the European Free Trade Association (EFTA) do not need a visa to live, work or study in France. Non-EU or EFTA citizens who wish to stay longer than 90 days must apply for a long-term visa and a residence permit.
Job opportunities: learning French would be beneficial as most English-speaking jobs are lower-paid. In-demand sectors include IT, healthcare, sales, and teaching.
Healthcare: France's health system is renowned for its high quality, wide-spread coverage, and accessibility. All citizens with three or more months of residency can register for health insurance if they intend to stay for at least six months.
Education: schooling begins at age 3 for preschool, followed by primary, then various forms of higher education until age 16 and beyond. World-renowned institutions include Université PSL (Paris Sciences & Lettres), Sorbonne University, and Aix-Marseille University.
Lifestyle: for good reasons, France is one of the most popular destinations in the world. Expats can experience 632 Michelin-starred restaurants, unbeatable culture, sporting options, and more.
Relocation checklist for an international move
Even though our overseas removal company makes shipping your possessions easy, this handy checklist helps you prepare for the move itself:
- Gather your paperwork: keep important documents, such as wage slips, bills and birth certificates, together so you can access them when required.
- Apply for a visa: research which French visa best suits your needs, then apply and wait for approval.
- Arrange accommodation: decide whether to sell or rent your current home, then buy or rent once in France. Renting lets you acclimatise to your new culture and surroundings before making a big decision like buying a home.
- Book an international removal company: grab an instant free quote on our website, then select a date so we can bring a MoveCube® or MoveCubes® to your door.
- Arrange travel: book flights early so you can settle into your new home stress-free ahead of your shipment.
- Sort your finances: inform your bank you're leaving and research income tax in France. Convert some money into Euros to cover last-minute purchases until you open a French bank account.
- Speak to a doctor: ask for a three-month supply of any current medication. Doing so gives you ample time to sort out new healthcare once in France.
- Pet relocation: if your four-legged friends are coming, arrange their vaccinations and buy a safe pet carrier. All pets entering France must have a passport and be identifiable via microchip or tattoo.
- Have a declutter: decide what home contents you'll ship and what you won't. After all, the less you take, the more cost-effective it will be. Sell, donate or recycle what you leave behind.
- Pack your belongings: wrap and pack your belongings and place them in strong containers. For an easy loading day experience, move all your boxes, bags and possessions as close to your building's entrance as possible the night before.
- Settle into your new home: we'll let you know when the MoveCube® clears customs and is ready for delivery. Then, in your online account, arrange a delivery date for your shipment. Finally, unload, unpack, and enjoy your exciting new life overseas!