We’re currently experiencing technical issues with our inbound phone system. Our team is working hard to resolve the issue as quickly as possible, and we thank our customers for their patience.
Why choose Seven Seas Worldwide?
Purpose-built shipping boxes and materials provided
Enjoy 2 weeks FREE storage before and after shipping
Pick your own dates for shipment delivery and collection
Trusted with your shipments for over 25 years
We handle the quarantine and customs clearance process
Stress-free and straightforward removals to Germany
Germany is a densely-populated and prosperous European country. Due to its strong economy and high standard of living, everyone from young professionals to retirees wishes to settle here every year. Deutschland offers direct access to the rest of Europe, a rich historical heritage, and cutting-edge modern living. Start your exciting new life in Germany today by booking our international moving company.
With over 25 years of experience moving household possessions worldwide, we simplify the entire process. Our expert team, in-depth local knowledge, and multilingual customer support set us apart from other moving companies.
Trusted international removals for over 25 years
Cost-effective and user-friendly, our removals to Germany service covers all big cities and rural areas, including Berlin, Munich, Hamburg, Stuttgart, Frankfurt, and Cologne. Here are a few more reasons to choose our overseas movers:
- Free Starter Pack: with each MoveCube® order, you'll receive a complimentary measuring tape, a box cutter knife, a marker pen and a roll of parcel tape and dispenser. Plus, three plastic floor sheets to help you estimate how much can fit in a Large, Medium or Small MoveCube®.
- Secure storage: we offer 2 weeks of free storage in both your origin country and our Belgium depot before relocating your shipment to Germany.
- Zero hidden fees: as a transparent moving service, our free instant quote displays an itemised cost breakdown of the entire removals journey.
- Pay in instalments: we won't ask for full payment as soon as you book. Instead, pay in three manageable instalments throughout your shipment's journey.
- We handle customs: as an experienced moving company, we guide your shipment through customs. All you need to do is securely pack your possessions and accurately complete your online documents.
Our international removals service in 5 steps
Free online quick quote
Our instant quote tool provides a clear, itemised cost with no hidden fees or nasty surprises.
Pick your dates
When placing your order, choose the materials delivery and shipment collection dates that suit you.
Securely pack your items
We deliver your empty shipping boxes or MoveCube®, ready for you to fill.
We collect and ship
Complete the online documentation. Then we'll transport your shipment to its destination.
Delivered to your address
Our team will clear your goods through customs and deliver them safely to your new home.
International removals to Germany with the MoveCube®
After deciding which thriving German city to move to, your next step is to pack and ship your belongings. Designed by our removals experts to transport large loads, the MoveCube® is essentially your own mini shipping container. You can fill it with various household items, from bedding and bikes to kitchen appliances and furniture.
We have designed our overseas removals service to be as straightforward as possible. Begin with a quick free quote and place an order. Then, let us know a suitable date so we can deliver your free Starter Pack and conduct a site inspection. Next, we'll bring a MoveCube® to your door to be loaded by you within a specified timeslot. We'll then take the MoveCube® to our nearest depot to await shipping. Finally, complete your online documentation. Once your shipment arrives in Germany, arrange a date for us to deliver it to your new home.
It's only natural to worry about your worldly possessions as they disappear over the horizon. For this reason, we offer comprehensive insurance policies to give you complete peace of mind. Plus, you can watch your shipment's worldwide movement via our online tracker.
The MoveCube® is essentially your own mini shipping container. You can fill it with various household items, from bedding and bikes to kitchen appliances and furniture.
See our international MoveCube® in action:
What MoveCube® removals container sizes are there?
The MoveCube® is a moving pod unique to our shipping company. It offers your household possessions complete protection during long and often bumpy journeys by land or sea. It is available in three sizes: Large, Medium, and Small (see below for dimensions). You can order more than one MoveCube® for even bigger shipments by contacting our friendly customer support team.
If you only have a few items to send, our ship boxes and bags service is your most cost-effective option.
H - 1.871m
W - 1.464m
L - 2.264m
B - 61cm
H - 1.871m
W - 1.464m
L - 1.114m
B - 61cm
H - 1.871m
W - 1.114m
L - 0.964m
B - 61cm
*Please note, the MoveCube® is loaded from the side panel.
FAQs about our international removals service
Moving costs will vary depending on how much you are shipping, where you are going and how much storage you need. Use our free online quote tool for a transparent cost breakdown specific to your needs.
Used personal items can be imported into Germany duty and tax-free as long as they are at least six months old and you do not plan to resell them. However, if arriving from outside the EU, the total value of your effects must be below €430. Anything above €430 will be subject to duties and taxes of 19%.
Please check our regularly-updated Prohibited Goods page for the latest information
Once you've made a booking with our European removal company, log into your online account and complete the following documents:
- An Inventory listing the entire contents of your MoveCube®.
- Applicable customs forms.
- Scans of the shipment owners' valid passport picture and signature pages.
- Destination address, email, and contact phone number of the shipment owner.
- Optional insurance forms to protect your household goods in the rare case of loss or damage.
German customs officials will review these forms, so please ensure their accuracy. If you need assistance at any stage of your removal journey, contact our multilingual service team, who will gladly help you.
Yes! For overseas moves, we give you 2 weeks of storage at our nearest depots in both your origin and destination country completely free of charge.
Sometimes plans change, and you might require longer storage time. Let us know 24 hours or more ahead of the MoveCube® loading day.
As with all countries worldwide, Germany has strict rules regarding prohibited goods. Such safeguards have been put in place to protect its citizens and environment. Please reference our Prohibited Goods page as you pack to avoid costly fines or delays.
How long do removals to Germany from Malaysia take?*
*estimated timings dependent on global shipping circumstances
4 helpful packing tips for international moves
Securely packing your household items is a top priority when relocating to Germany. To remove any stress from the experience, we recommend hiring a professional packing service to do it for you. If packing yourself, set aside as much time as possible and follow our 4 essential packing tips below. Don't forget to check out our in-depth packing guides for even more advice.
Think carefully about what you need to take. Decluttering is an excellent opportunity to say goodbye to possessions taking up space that you no longer need. After all, you save money by shipping less.
Consider selling items on eBay or Facebook Marketplace for extra cash to fund your relocation. For anything else in usable condition, donate to high street charity shops. Take any broken or unusable items to your local recycling centre.
Gently pack fragile items:
Ensure your box has a solid base by sealing the cardboard flaps with three layers of overlapping parcel tape. Repeat the process when sealing the top. Cover each item in bubble wrap and use two or more layers for fragile items, such as plates and mirrors. Put heavy items at the bottom and centre and avoid overstuffing.
If you see a gap, fill it with soft materials like towels or packing paper. Once sealed, shake your container gently. If you hear a sound, add more soft materials.
Organise a parking spot for our vehicle:
To guarantee a successful loading day, purchase any necessary parking tickets or permits before we arrive with the MoveCube®. Our driver must be able to park within twenty meters of your building's entrance.
We can loan you a trolley to help move your containers, but our driver must always keep the vehicle within their line of sight.
Evenly load the MoveCube®:
Place large and heavy items such as washing machines and sofas at the bottom and centre. Place lighter boxes and bags on top or to the sides. Think of it like a fun game of Tetris! Aim to slot everything together without any visible gaps.
If there are gaps, fill them with suitable containers and avoid loose items, as they could easily break or cause damage during transit.
Seven Seas Worldwide make international moves so easy and hassle-free. I love the MoveCube®. The driver who delivered and picked up our MoveCube® was so helpful and patient. Very highly recommended.Kevin
Moving to Germany: a step-by-step relocation guide
German citizens are welcoming people who treat immigrants respectfully and help them acclimate. There is a wealth of culture, green lands and delicious food to discover. If this sounds like your new home, look no further. But before rushing to your computer to book flights, follow this step-by-step moving guide:
Types of visas: citizens from the Schengen Area can reside in Germany for up to three months without registering with local authorities. Non-EU citizens wishing to settle must find and apply for a job, register for health insurance, and obtain a work visa.
Job opportunities: there are plenty of jobs for those who speak English, but learning German will boost your chances significantly. Many employers prefer expats with qualifications and experience. High-demand sectors include healthcare, engineering and IT.
Healthcare: Germany has one of the world's oldest and best-rated healthcare systems. Ninety per cent of citizens, including working expats, are covered by universal healthcare. The remaining ten per cent opt for private care.
Schooling: the German education system is government-funded. It is compulsory for children between six and fifteen, though most stay in school until eighteen. World-ranking places of higher education include the Free University of Berlin and the Technical University of Munich.
Lifestyle: expats can expect high-quality infrastructure, such as transport and utilities, to run smoothly in Germany. Quality time spent with family revolves around food, such as sausages and sauerkraut. The country is also the world's leading producer of plant-based meats, with many vegan options in restaurants and cafes.
International relocation checklist
Although our overseas removals service takes the stress out of moving to Germany, this helpful checklist will guide you through the big move:
- Gather your documents: keep all your essential documents in one place in case you need them, such as identification, visas, passports and proof of income.
- Apply for a visa: research the most relevant German visa for your needs, then apply and await approval.
- Find accommodation: decide whether to let or sell your current home. Renting when you arrive in Germany allows for time to acclimatise to your new surroundings before making a big purchase like a home.
- Book an international moving company: grab a quick free quote on our website, then let us know a suitable date to bring a MoveCube® or MoveCubes® to your home to be loaded by you.
- Arrange travel: to limit stress, arrive in Germany before your shipment. Doing so gives you time to settle into your new home and be ready to receive your belongings.
- Sort your finances: let your banks know you are leaving the country. Take out some spare cash to cover any last-minute purchases or emergencies.
- Speak to a doctor: if you currently receive regular medication, ask for a three-month supply. Doing so gives you ample time to arrange healthcare once in Germany.
- Pet relocation: are your furry best friends part of the big move? If so, arrange their vaccinations and secure a safe pet carrier for transportation.
- Have a declutter: carefully consider which possessions need to be shipped. After all, the less you take, the cheaper it will be. Sell, donate, or recycle what you don't need.
- Pack your belongings: before your MoveCube® loading day, securely wrap and pack all your household effects and move them as close to the entrance of your home as possible.
- Settle into your new home: after your shipment has cleared customs, log in to your online account and schedule a delivery date. Then, unload and unpack your possessions and enjoy your exciting new life abroad!