Why choose Seven Seas Worldwide
Purpose-built shipping boxes and materials provided
Enjoy 2 weeks FREE storage in the origin country
Pick your own dates for shipment delivery and collection
Trusted with your shipments for over 25 years
We handle the quarantine and customs clearance process
We make Taiwan removals easy
Thanks to a rich and varied history, low cost of living and jaw-dropping sights, Taiwan is a year-long favourite destination for professionals, students, families and retirees. Begin your exciting new life in the Far East today by booking our friendly overseas removals.
Because we've been a trusted international removal company for over 25 years, we know the best way to make your big move abroad stress-free and straightforward. With in-depth local knowledge, unique packing materials, and a multilingual customer service team, it's no wonder our relocation services are a top choice.
Stree-free and affordable removals for over 25 years
Cost-effective and easy to navigate, our international shipping service covers most of Taiwan, including major cities Taipei, Kaohsiung, Taichung, Tainan and Taoyuan. Below is a small sample of the many benefits when choosing our removal services.
- Secure storage: 2 free weeks of storage in your origin country, giving you plenty of time to travel and settle in your beautiful new home.
- No hidden fees: we are completely transparent. After generating a free instant quote, you'll see a clear itemised breakdown of all charges involved.
- Pay in instalments: instead of a lump sum paid upfront, you can spread the cost over several manageable stages of your shipment's journey.
- Total customs clearance: once you've packed and completed your online documents, our team of expert movers will guide your household possessions through customs.
How our relocation services work in 5 easy steps
Free online quick quote
Our instant quote tool provides a clear, itemised cost with no hidden fees or nasty surprises.
Pick your dates
When placing your order, choose the materials delivery and shipment collection dates that suit you.
Securely pack your items
We deliver your empty shipping boxes, ready for you to fill.
We collect and ship
Complete the online documentation. Then we'll transport your shipment to its destination.
Delivered to your address
Our team will clear your goods through customs and deliver them safely to your new home.
FAQs about our international shipping services
A removal to Taiwan can vary in cost depending on where you're going and how soon you need your goods. Use our quick, free online quote tool for an accurate breakdown of all fees.
Thanks to having over 25 years of removals experience, we can safely transport your possessions from Malaysia to Taiwan with ease. However, there are some essential customs regulations you should be aware of.
Log into your online account and complete the following documentation:
- An inventory that details every item you are shipping.
- Scans of your passport's photo and signature pages and, if required, your visa.
If shipping more than five boxes, head for the RED customs gate and fill in a declaration form on arrival in Taiwan. Then, contact our Taiwanese agent and supply copies of your:
- Flight booking
- Entry pass
- Work permit
- ARC/Residence Certificate for expats or Residence ID for citizens.
You may not be required to pay any duties or taxes if you have owned your possessions for at least six months, providing your inventory is 100% accurate. Please note: you must be present in Taiwan when your shipment arrives.
- An inventory to accurately list every item in your shipment.
- Scans of the photo and signed pages of your passport and your visa.
- The shipment owner's overseas destination address, email, and contact phone number.
- Optional insurance forms for added protection.
- Applicable customs forms.
Since we show all this information to Taiwanese customs officials, it's important to be accurate. If you need help at any stage, our friendly service team can take your questions and offer advice.
As a trusted removals company for over a quarter of a century, we've thought of everything to support our customers. For this reason, we offer 2 weeks of free storage at our depots in your origin country.
If you need longer storage, let us know, and for a competitive fee, we can store your goods for as long as you require.
For safety and security reasons, like every country worldwide, Taiwan has restrictions on certain items being imported. Check out our regularly updated Prohibited Goods list while you pack your household belongings to avoid painful fines and delays.
How long will my removal to Taiwan from Malaysia take?*
*estimated timings dependent on global shipping circumstances
Top packing tips for overseas moves
It's essential to pack your possessions securely before they travel abroad. Why not hire a professional packer to help ease some stress? Otherwise, use a large area such as a kitchen table, allow yourself plenty of packing time, and follow our best 4 tips below (browse our in-depth packing guides for further advice):
Wave goodbye to clutter:
Taking all your possessions when moving to Taiwan could be impractical and costly. You will unlikely need the same belongings in a new culture and climate. Plus, if you ship less, it costs less! Have a rummage through all your household items and decide what could be sold, donated, or recycled.
eBay and Facebook Marketplace are excellent resources for making extra cash to fund your trip. Charity shops will happily accept anything you have spare in good condition, and broken or extra-large items can be taken to a recycling centre.
Pack fragile goods with extra care:
Build a solid base for your box by sealing the folding lids with three layers of overlapping parcel tape, then repeat when securing the top. Use bubble wrap to cover every item and several layers for fragile items, such as crockery, picture frames, and anything with glass. Spread heaviest items along the bottom of your container and lighter items on top, towards the centre.
If there are gaps, stuff them with soft material such as towels or packing paper to limit movement during transit. Give your container a little shake. If it makes a sound, stuff it with more soft material until it stops!
Secure a parking spot for our vehicle:
To ensure your collection day experience goes well, pay for any necessary parking tickets or permits that allow our driver to park within at least twenty meters of your home.
A trolly is available to help you move containers from your doorway to our vehicle if needed. Our driver can offer expert tips and advice but must be able to keep the van within eyesight at all times.
Get ready for collection day:
After packing your containers securely, move them as close to the entrance of your building as possible before our driver arrives. Please note, for the safety of both you and our driver we cannot accept containers over 30kg/66lbs.
You can check the weight of each box or bag by placing them on bathroom scales. If a container is over the limit, distribute some items into a lighter box.
Customer service was excellent, prompt and efficient with any queries I had. Box delivery was quick, and likewise with the pick-up. Both guys were very friendly and helpful. There's constant communication from Seven Seas Worldwide in regard to where my belongings are and what is happening with them. A very positive experience and I have no qualms about recommending them.Monica
Essential relocation must knows: moving to Taiwan
Taiwanese people are conservative-yet-friendly. Traditional values, such as time spent with family and religious observation, are cherished, and foreigners are warmly welcomed. If you're looking for an affordable cost of living, breathtaking scenery, and a wealth of culture to explore, Taiwan could be your new home. But don't start packing just yet! First, read our must-know facts and tips to aid your move:
Types of visas: travellers from more than forty countries worldwide can visit Taiwan without a visa for up to 90 days. For stays of up to six months, you'll need a Visitor Visa or a Resident Visa for longer. To obtain full citizenship, specific criteria must be met, including five years of residence, a clean criminal record, and having passed a naturalisation exam.
Job opportunities: teaching English as a foreign language is an in-demand and well-paid role, especially in larger cities such as Taipei and Kaohsiung. If you have the relevant qualifications or experience, popular industries for work in Taiwan include IT, telecommunications, electronics and healthcare.
Healthcare: Taiwan's National Health Insurance provides award-winning universal healthcare to all citizens. Funding is raised through compulsory taxation and government subsidies for lower-income families.
Education: schooling is compulsory for the first twelve years of a child's education. With one of the world's highest rates for literacy, test results, and entrance to higher university, education in Taiwan is a source of great pride. Top-ranking universities include National Taiwan University, National Tsing Hua University, and National Yang Ming Chiao Tung University.
Lifestyle: visit for the sunny climate and stunning views, but stay for the friendly people and affordable living. With cheap accommodation, delicious local food, historical sites, and low crime, there are endless great reasons to settle in beautiful Taiwan.
Overseas movers checklist
Even though our international shipping service takes the stress out of moving, this useful to-do list can help you fully prepare for your expat journey:
- Gather your documents: place all your important documents, such as proof of address, identification, passport, and so on, in one easily accessible location in case you need quick access to them.
- Apply for a visa: spend quality time researching which visa best suits you and your family for the big move, then apply and wait for confirmation.
- Find accommodation: consider whether to rent or sell your current home. Once you arrive in Taiwan, we suggest renting before you buy. Doing so gives you time to acclimatise to your new surroundings before making a big purchase, such as a home.
- Book an overseas moving company: get an instantaneous free quote from our website, then let us know a convenient date so we can bring your packing materials and conduct a site inspection.
- Arrange travel: book flights well before your shipment's arrival so you can adapt to your new surroundings and settle into your new home.
- Sort your finances: let your banks know you're leaving the country and withdraw some spare cash to cover any unforeseen purchases or emergencies.
- Speak to a doctor: ask for at least a three-month supply of any medication you currently take. Doing so allows for ample time to find a new doctor in Taiwan.
- Pet relocation: if bringing your furry friends along for the trip, ensure they are fully vaccinated and have an accredited health certificate from your vet. Then, apply for an import permit. Depending on your origin country, your pet may also be subject to a seven or twenty-eight-day quarantine.
- Have a declutter: when relocating to a warm climate such as Taiwan, it's unlikely you'll need warm clothes and accessories. Plus, the less you ship, the cheaper it will be. Options include selling online, donating to charity, and taking anything spare to your local tip.
- Pack your belongings: before our driver arrives, carefully wrap and pack your belongings and move them as close to the entrance of your home as possible.
- Settle into your new home: once your possessions have cleared customs, log in to your online account and arrange a suitable delivery date. After you've unloaded all your belongings from our vehicle, it's time to unpack at your leisure and gently settle into your new home in the Far East.