Why choose Seven Seas Worldwide?
Purpose-built removals boxes and materials provided
Enjoy 2 weeks FREE storage in the origin country
Pick your own dates for removals shipment delivery and collection
Trusted with your removals shipments for over 25 years
We handle Danish customs clearance process
Trusted international removals for over 25 years
Denmark is a Northern European country famous for its progressive ideals, stunning landscapes and charming cities. Expats worldwide flock for high living standards, breathtaking sites and inclusive, welcoming people. Whether you're a retiree, growing family or student, there's something in Denmark for all. Why not get your Scandinavian dream life started today with our international removals service?
With over 25 years of removals and shipping experience, our international movers simplify the process. Our expert team and multilingual customer service support you at every stage of your international move to Denmark.
Affordable small removals to Denmark from Malaysia
Cost-effective and straightforward, our international removals services cover most destinations in Denmark. Popular cities include Copenhagen, Aarhus, Odense, Aalborg, Randers and Roskilde. Here are a few more reasons we're a stand-out choice among removal companies:
- No hidden removals fees: we strive to be as open with our customers as possible. For this reason, our free quote tool displays a transparent removals cost breakdown of your entire moving to Denmark experience.
- Pay in stages: we won't ask for the entire bill upfront. Instead, you make several instalments throughout the removal process, allowing you to budget.
- We clear Danish customs: all you have to concentrate on is packing your removals shipment and completing your online documents. Our team of expert movers will guide your removals shipment through Danish customs.
- 24/7 customer service: our friendly, multilingual customer service team can answer questions and offer moving advice whenever needed.
Denmark removals in 5 easy steps
Free online quick quote
Our instant quote tool provides a clear, itemised removals cost with no hidden fees or nasty surprises.
Pick your dates
When placing your removals order, choose the materials delivery and shipment collection dates that suit you.
Securely pack your items
We deliver your empty removals boxes, ready for you to fill.
We collect and ship
Complete the online documentation. Then we'll transport your shipment to Denmark.
Delivered to your address
Our team will clear your goods through Danish customs and deliver them safely to your new home.
Removal box sizes for moving to Denmark
After choosing which dream Danish town or city to move to, it's time to pack and ship your removals shipment. Our international movers offer sturdy removals boxes made from chemically-strengthened cardboard. Large and Standard are our most popular removals containers (see below for the exact dimensions). We suggest overordering. If you have any leftovers still in unused and brand-new condition, we'll collect them for free.
You can also move large items such as musical instruments and sports equipment. We offer specially-shaped removals containers made from the same quality materials for this purpose. Before collection, securely prepare them, and we'll box your extra-large items at our nearest depot.
It's understandable to worry about your personal effects as they move to Denmark. Enjoy a stress-free moving experience with one of our comprehensive insurance policies.
Large removals box
61 x 51 x 41cm / 24 x 20 x 16.14 inches
Best for moving:
- Sports equipment
Standard removals box
51 x 41 x 31cm / 20 x 16.14 x 12.2 inches
Best for moving:
- Files and papers
- Children's toys
FAQs about removals from Malaysia to Denmark
As leaders in the removal industry, we own and operate a worldwide network of depots. As a result, we can offer an affordable door-to-door removals service. But the cost depends on how much you're moving and how far in Denmark it's going. Use our free instant quote tool for a cost breakdown specific to your moving needs.
European Union (EU) members may move used belongings to Denmark duty and tax-free as long as they are for your use. Non-EU members can do the same, but there are specific regulations to follow. Factors include how long you've owned them, how long you've lived outside the EU and your work or study status. Visit the official Danish Customs website for a comprehensive breakdown.
After booking our international movers, log into your online account and fill in the following documents:
- An inventory listing each removals container and item you're moving to Denmark.
- Colour scans of the shipment owner's valid passport picture, signature pages, and scanned visa for non-EU citizens.
- The shipment owner's destination address, email address, and phone number.
- Optional insurance forms to cover your removals shipment in the rare chance they become lost or damaged.
Danish customs officials will see these forms, so accuracy is a must. Multilingual customer service is available around the clock to offer removals advice and answer questions.
As an experienced international removals company, we understand the best way to support our customers. You can enjoy 2 weeks of free storage at one of our clean and secure depots in your origin country.
If you want to add more storage time at an affordable price, let us know more than 24 hours before collection day.
Like all countries, Denmark has a list of items banned from importation to protect its citizens and environment. Please check our Prohibited Goods page for the most up-to-date information before packing your removals shipment.
How long do removals from Malaysia to Denmark take?*
*estimated timings dependent on global shipping circumstances
Top packing tips for Denmark removals
We suggest hiring a professional packing service to ensure your removals shipment arrives in Denmark in the best condition. Doing so saves time and eases stress. Otherwise, give yourself plenty of time and follow our 4 expert tips below. For even more in-depth advice, check out How to choose a box for shipping and How to pack our boxes.
Declutter your house:
Write down every item you own and decide what you want to move to Denmark. After all, the fewer possessions you take, the cheaper it will be!
Pack valuable possessions with care:
Create a strong base by sealing your removals box shut with three overlapping layers of parcel tape. Repeat the process at the lid when full. Use bubble wrap on all items and two layers for fragile goods. Place heaviest items at the bottom and lighter effects on top.
Fill gaps with soft materials like towels and packing paper. Once complete, give your box a little shake. If you hear anything, add more soft materials.
Secure a place to park for our moving vehicle:
Buy parking tickets or permits for our moving vehicle to ensure a successful collection day. Doing so allows our driver to park within twenty metres of your building's entrance.
A trolly is available to help move your removals containers to our vehicle. Our driver can offer helpful tips but must keep the van within eyesight at all times.
Prepare for collection day:
Move all removals containers as close to your building's entrance as possible the evening before collection day. For your and our driver's safety, no containers may weigh over 30kg/66lbs.
Weigh each box, bag or suitcase on bathroom scales. If one is over the limit, move some items to a lighter removals container.
Great service. I used Seven Seas Worldwide to move a few removal boxes from the USA to Denmark and had a very good experience. They were helpful and friendly at every step of the process. I called them many times (to ask for details, to change the delivery address, etc.), and every time I got the information and help I needed. The boxes arrived in very good shape and before the expected date.Magda
Moving to Denmark: an essential guide for expats
How does living in a country known for its strong social welfare system, bike-friendly culture, and picturesque views sound? In Danish culture, people value inclusivity, a healthy work/life balance and making the most of the great outdoors. The Danes are proud of their high quality of living for all, welcoming society, and safe streets. But before you book the first available flight to Denmark, have a look over our essential facts to help with the big move:
Types of visas: EU and Nordic area citizens (Sweden, Norway, Finland, and Iceland) and those from the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland do not need a visa to move to Denmark. For all other countries, you must apply for a visa relevant to your stay, such as work, study, etc.
Job opportunities: most Danes speak English, but you'll have a strong advantage if you learn Danish. In-demand roles for expats include chemists, biologists, doctors, teachers and social workers.
Healthcare: free healthcare is available for all and funded via tax. It includes access to high-quality hospitals, doctors and preventive care. Expats can apply after three continuous months of stay in Denmark.
Education: Denmark has a well-respected education system that focuses on equality, creativity, and critical thinking. Free education up to high school level is available for all. World-ranked institutions in Denmark include the University of Copenhagen, Aarhus University, and Aalborg University.
Lifestyle: like other Scandinavian countries, Danes like to spend time outdoors, especially in the summer. Nature walks, and activities such as cycling and kayaking are popular. The concept of "hygge" is widely embraced — a feeling of cosiness, safety, and togetherness.
Removals checklist for international moves to Denmark
Even though our moving services make removals easy, this handy checklist helps you prepare for the move itself:
- Gather your paperwork: keep all your important documents, such as birth certificates and proof of addresses, together for quick access.
- Apply for a Danish visa: research the most applicable Danish visa for you and your family's needs, then apply and await approval.
- Arrange accommodation in Denmark: decide whether to sell or rent your current house, then buy or rent once in Denmark. Renting gives you time to adjust to your new surroundings before making a big purchase like a house.
- Book a moving company: grab a quick free removals quote on our website, then select a suitable date so we can collect your home contents.
- Arrange travel to Denmark: book flights to Denmark as early as possible so you can settle into your new house stress-free ahead of your removals shipment.
- Sort your finances: let your banks know you're leaving, and withdraw some Danish krone to cover any last-minute purchases or emergencies.
- Speak to a doctor: request a three-month supply of any current medication to last until you find a Danish healthcare provider.
- Pet relocation: if taking your furry friends with you to Denmark, arrange their vaccinations and buy a pet carrier for safe transportation. Pets entering Denmark are usually required to have a pet passport and be identifiable by microchip.
- Have a declutter: carefully select which home possessions you'll move to Denmark. Sell, donate or recycle anything you're leaving behind.
- Pack your removals shipment: carefully wrap and pack your removals shipment and place them in strong moving containers. For a successful loading day experience, move all your boxes, bags and suitcases as close to your building's exit the day before.
- Settle into your new house: once your goods have cleared customs, log into your online account and arrange for delivery to your new house. All that's left to do now is unload, unpack, and settle into your exciting new life in Denmark.