Before you pack, check this list of items prohibited from entering particular countries and regions.
Why choose Seven Seas Worldwide?
Purpose-built shipping boxes and materials provided
Enjoy 2 weeks FREE storage in the origin country
Pick your own dates for shipment delivery and collection
Trusted with your shipments for over 25 years
We handle the quarantine and customs clearance process
Reliable international removals to Sweden
Sweden is a large picturesque country in Northern Europe, known for its welcoming people and stunning landscapes. Expats move yearly for the high quality of life, sustainability and varied outdoor activities. Whether you're a soon-to-be retiree, new family or student, the Kingdom of Sweden offers something for all. Start your life in one of the most beautiful European countries today with our removals to Sweden service.
With over 25 years of experience helping people move abroad, our international removals service simplifies the process. Our in-depth local knowledge and friendly customer service team support you at every stage of your moving journey.
Affordable small removals for over 25 years by moving experts
Cost-effective and easy to use, our moving service covers most of Sweden. Popular cities include Stockholm, Gothenburg, Malmö, Uppsala and Örebro.
Keep reading for more reasons why we're a top choice for removals to Sweden:
- Zero surprise moving fees: we offer a transparent international removals service. So, our free instant quote tool displays a cost breakdown of the entire moving process.
- Pay for removals to Sweden in stages: instead of paying in full upfront, you can make several instalments across your shipment's removals journey to Sweden from Hong Kong.
- Full customs clearance: after you pack your household items and complete your online documents, our expert moving team will guide your removal through customs in Sweden.
- 24/7 customer service: our multilingual customer service team can answer questions and offer advice around the clock.
European removals in 5 easy steps
Free online quick quote
Our instant quote tool provides a clear, itemised cost with no hidden fees or nasty surprises.
Pick your dates
When placing your order, choose the materials delivery and shipment collection dates that suit you.
Securely pack your items
We deliver your empty shipping boxes, ready for you to fill.
We collect and ship
Complete the online documentation. Then we'll transport your shipment to its destination.
Delivered to your address
Our team will clear your goods through customs and deliver them safely to your new home.
What removal box sizes can we provide when moving to Sweden?
After choosing which scenic part of Sweden to move to, it's time to pack all your belongings and ship them. Our international removals service offers robust moving boxes made from double-walled cardboard to protect your possessions on their journey to Sweden. Large and Standard are our most popular boxes (see below for the exact dimensions.) Order more than you need, and we'll collect any unused and in brand-new condition for free.
If moving large items such as surfboards and guitars, we offer specially-shaped removals containers made from the same quality materials. Before collection, please securely prepare them. Then, we'll move your specially-shaped items to our nearest depot and box them ready for moving to Sweden.
Worrying about your removals as they travel to Sweden is natural. Reduce some stress with one of our comprehensive insurance policies.
61 x 51 x 41cm / 24 x 20 x 16.14 inches
- Sports equipment
51 x 41 x 31cm / 20 x 16.14 x 12.2 inches
- Files and papers
- Children's toys
FAQs about our Sweden house removals service
Because we control a worldwide network of depots, we make moving to Sweden affordable. But removal costs vary based on how much you're moving and how far they're travelling. Use our free quote tool for a cost breakdown specific to your chosen service in minutes.
European Union (EU) members may import used personal items into Sweden duty and tax-free. Non-EU members can do the same, depending on their circumstances. Deciding factors include length of stay, student status and work arrangement. Visit the official Swedish Customs website for a full rundown.
Before starting the removals process, please check our Prohibited Items page for the most up-to-date information.
Once you've booked our removal to Sweden service, log into your online account and complete the following documents:
- An inventory listing every container and item you're moving to Sweden.
- Colour scans of the shipment owner's valid passport picture, signature pages, and scanned visa for non-EU citizens.
- The shipment owner's destination address in Sweden, email address, and phone number.
- Optional insurance forms to protect your possessions in the rare chance they become lost or damaged.
Customs officials will see these forms, so accuracy is essential. Our multilingual customer service team are available 24/7 to offer advice and answer any removal questions.
As an experienced moving company, we've thought of everything. Enjoy 2 weeks of free storage at our depots in your origin country before we start the removals to Sweden process.
If plans change and you'd like to add storage time for a small fee, let our customer service team know more than 24 hours before collection day.
Like all nations worldwide, Sweden has a list of items banned from importation to protect its citizens and environment. Please visit our regularly-updated Prohibited Goods page for more information before packing your removal shipment.
How long do removals to Sweden from Hong Kong take?*
Removals by sea
*estimated timings dependent on global shipping circumstances
Top removal packing tips when moving to Sweden
Securely packing your belongings for removal is essential when moving to Sweden. Hiring a professional packing service is a great way to ease stress and save time. Otherwise, gather your packing materials, pack slowly and follow our 4 top tips below. For more in-depth packing advice, reference How to choose a box for shipping and How to pack our removals boxes.
Decide what to move to Sweden:
Walk from room to room in your home and decide what you need to take to Sweden and what you don't. After all, the fewer items you move, the cheaper it will be!
Sell what you no longer need on eBay and Facebook Marketplace — excellent resources for making extra cash to fund your move to Sweden. Take everything else to your local high street charity shops or recycling centre.
Pack fragile goods with care:
Create a solid base for your removals box using three overlapping layers of parcel tape. Repeat at the top. Wrap everything in bubble wrap and use two layers for delicate goods. Place heaviest items along the bottom and lighter effects above and away from the sides.
Fill gaps with soft materials like towels and packing paper. Once complete, gently shake your container. If you hear a sound, add more soft materials.
Arrange a parking spot for our move vehicle:
Purchase parking tickets or permits if necessary before collection day. Doing so allows our driver to park within twenty metres of your home's entrance.
A trolly is available to help move removals containers from your home's exit to our vehicle. Our driver can offer advice but must be able to keep the van within eyesight at all times.
Prepare for your removals collection:
Move all your containers as close to your building's entrance as possible before our driver arrives. For the safety of both you and our driver, we cannot accept removals containers over 30kg/66lbs.
Determine the weight of each box, bag or suitcase by placing them on bathroom scales. Move items to a lighter box if a container is over the limit.
I have used Seven Seas Worldwide for removals service three times now over the past four years with no problem at all. The customer service team answered my questions responsibly and followed up quickly, making my removal experience easy. Emails came through regarding updates, so you won't be worried much about where your stuff is. The price is reasonable and transparent, with no hidden price.Anne
Moving to Sweden: an essential guide
Would you like to move to a country known for its eco-conscious standards, impeccable manners and breathtaking scenery? In Swedish culture, people value personal space, enjoy a high standard of living, and prioritise their work-life balance. Swedes are proud of their justice system, polite society, and progressive ideals. But before you rush to the airport, here are some essential facts to help with the big move:
Types of visas: EU citizens and those from the European Free Trade Association (EFTA) and Switzerland do not need a visa to move to Sweden. Non-EU or EFTA citizens who wish to stay longer than 90 days must apply for a residence permit.
Job opportunities: learning Swedish would be helpful, as English-speaking jobs will likely need at least a working knowledge of the language. In-demand roles include pharmacists, teachers, software developers, and engineers.
Healthcare: Sweden's health system is tax-funded to ensure equal access to high-quality services for all, including expats. Once you've obtained residence, you'll need a personal identification number to register.
Education: schooling in Sweden is highly regarded, with a focus on innovation and critical thinking. Education is free from preschool to university level. World-ranked further education institutions include the Karolinska Institute, Lund University, and Stockholm University.
Lifestyle: Swedes take a balanced approach to work and leisure, valuing nature and the outdoors. They embrace a minimalist and sustainable lifestyle and engage in cultural pursuits such as fika (coffee and cake break!) and walks in nature.
Moving checklist for international removals to Sweden
Even though our removals company makes moving your possessions to Sweden easy, this handy checklist helps you get ready for the move itself:
- Gather your paperwork: keep all essential documents, such as utility bills and birth certificates, in one place for quick access.
- Apply for a visa: research the Swedish visa best suited to you and your family's needs, then apply and await approval.
- Arrange accommodation: sell or rent your current home, then buy or rent once in Sweden. Renting allows for time to acclimatise before making a big decision, like purchasing a home.
- Book an international removals service: generate a quick free removals quote on our website, then select a date so we can collect your belongings.
- Arrange travel: book flights to Sweden as soon as possible so you can settle into your new home stress-free before your shipment arrives.
- Sort your finances: let your bank know you're moving abroad, research Swedish Tax Agency, and withdraw some Euros to cover last-minute purchases.
- Speak to a doctor: ask for a three-month supply of any medication you take until you find a new healthcare provider.
- Pet relocation: if bringing your four-legged pals, arrange their vaccinations and buy a safe pet carrier. All pets entering Sweden must have an EU pet passport and be identifiable via microchip.
- Have a declutter: think hard about which home contents you'll move and what you won't. After all, the less you take, the cheaper it will be. Sell, donate or recycle what you leave behind.
- Pack your belongings: securely wrap and pack your possessions and place them in sturdy removal containers. For a stress-free loading day, move all your boxes, bags and suitcases as close to your building's entrance as possible the night before.
- Settle into your new home: once your shipment has cleared customs, you will be contacted to arrange a final delivery date. All that's left to do now is unload, unpack, and ease into your exciting new life in Sweden!