Unfortunately, due to recent extreme weather across South Africa, there may be delays to the collection and delivery of some shipments. However, our team are working hard to keep our services running to schedule.
Why choose Seven Seas Worldwide
Purpose-built shipping boxes and materials provided
Enjoy 2 weeks FREE storage in the origin country
Pick your own dates for shipment delivery and collection
Trusted with your shipments for over 25 years
We handle the quarantine and customs clearance process
We provide stress-free international moving services
Thanks to unforgettable sights, endless possibilities for adventure and a welcoming culture, Indonesia attracts professionals, new families and retired couples looking for an affordable and beautiful new home abroad. So, why not kick-start your new life in paradise immediately by using our international removals company?
Due to over 25 years of experience moving your possessions around the world, our overseas removals services know how to make the experience stress-free and simple. Drawing on an expert team, multilingual customer service and quality cardboard boxes, it's no surprise we're South Africa's go-to choice.
Trusted moving services to Indonesia for over 25 years
Cost-effective and user-friendly, our international movers deliver to most parts of Indonesia, including the popular destinations of Surabaya, Bali, Jakarta, Bandung, Bekasi, and Medan. Discover below just a handful of the many benefits you can enjoy when booking our removal company:
- Unique packing materials: enjoy chemically-strengthened, double-thick cardboard boxes designed by us to protect your possessions during international removals. We can also provide additional packing materials, such as bubble wrap and parcel tape, to help you securely pack your containers.
- Secure storage: enjoy 2 weeks of storage in your origin country, free of charge, giving you plenty of time to travel to your new home.
- No surprise fees: as a proudly transparent moving company, we offer a clear, itemised cost breakdown of our removals services via our free instant quote.
- Pay in instalments: instead of paying the total amount upfront, you can make two manageable payments over the course of your shipment's removals journey.
- Full customs clearance: as experienced international shippers, we know how to guide your possessions through customs. All you need to take care of is packing and completing your online documents.
Our overseas moving services in 5 easy steps
Free online quick quote
Our instant quote tool provides a clear, itemised cost with no hidden fees or nasty surprises.
Pick your dates
When placing your order, choose the materials delivery and shipment collection dates that suit you.
Securely pack your items
We deliver your empty shipping boxes, ready for you to fill.
We collect and ship
Complete the online documentation. Then we'll transport your shipment to its destination.
Delivered to your address
Our team will clear your goods through customs and deliver them safely to your new home.
FAQs on our international removal service to Indonesia
International shipping costs vary depending on where you're going and how soon you need your items. Use our quick, free online quote tool for an accurate breakdown of all fees.
There's no need to worry! Our expert team have cleared personal belongings through Indonesian customs for over 25 years. However, there are some essential things to keep in mind. Begin by logging into your online account and filling in your Inventory as you pack. Customs agents in Indonesia will be shown this document and may ask to inspect your containers.
Then, complete the following documents:
- Scans of your passport's photo and signature pages and, if applicable, a scan of your visa.
- Your Nomor Kartu Tanda Penduduk (Nomor KTP), a 16-digit ID number from your citizen or non-citizen ID card.
- Optional insurance forms for complete peace of mind.
You must physically be present in Indonesia before your shipment arrives. Depending on your immigration status, there are specific customs processes and documents required to receive tax-free importation on your personal effects. For an in-depth guide to the customs process in Indonesia, please refer to our Importing into Indonesia page.
- Inventory - an item-by-item list of everything inside each of your containers.
- High-quality scans of your passport's picture and signature pages and, if applicable, scans of your visa.
- The shipment owner's destination address, email, and contact phone number.
- Optional insurance forms for further peace of mind.
Please be aware that we show these forms to Indonesian customs officials. Therefore, it's essential to be as accurate as possible.
We do! For international removals to Indonesia, you get 2 weeks of storage in your origin country for free, giving you time to arrange travel.
If your moving plans change and you want time added to your storage, let us know, and we can extend your storage time for an affordable fee.
Like all countries around the world, Indonesia has a list of banned items to protect its citizens and environment. Please read our regularly updated Prohibited Items page to avoid fines or delays.
4 essential packing tips for international shipping
Securely packing your possessions must be high on your removals' to-do list before moving to Indonesia. Our top tip for robust packing to ease stress is to hire a professional packing service. Otherwise, give yourself a full day or more to carefully pack and follow our 4 handy tips below (check out our comprehensive packing guides for more advice):
Clutter be gone!:
When moving from a cooler to a tropical climate, it's unlikely you'll need to take all your possessions with you. For example, there will be little need for snow boots in Indonesia! Have a thorough inspection of all your household items and decide what should be kept, sold, donated, recycled, or taken to the tip.
Online auction sites, such as eBay and Facebook Marketplace, are wonderful opportunities for generating extra cash to fund your big move abroad. Take everything in good enough condition to charity shops and broken or unwieldy items to a recycling centre.
Be extra careful with fragile goods:
Create a strong base for your boxes by sealing the folding lids with several sheets of overlapping parcel tape, then repeat the process when securing the top. Cover all items with bubble wrap and use three layers for fragile items, such as crockery and mirrors. Ensure heaviest items sit at the bottom, with lighter goods above and away from the sides.
Avoid overstuffing, as this can add pressure. If you spot a gap, fill it with soft packing material such as towels or packing paper. If you hear a sound after giving your container a gentle shake, add more soft materials.
Claim a parking space for our vehicle:
To guarantee a smooth collection day experience, purchase parking tickets or permits if needed. Doing so allows our driver to park at a safe distance from your home, ideally within at least twenty meters.
We can provide a trolly to help you transport containers. Our experienced driver is available to give tips and advice, but the vehicle must be kept within their line of sight at all times.
Prepare your containers for collection:
First, weigh all your boxes and bags on bathroom scales to ensure they are within the limit of 30kg/66lbs. If a container is too heavy, transfer some items to a lighter box.
Finally, take all your suitcases, boxes and bags and move them as close to the entrance of your building as possible ready for collection day.
We had lots of contact with Seven Seas Worldwide throughout the whole removals process. Their service was easy to use and kept us updated. With everything being online, it was very streamlined and we could easily see our progress and where our shipment was. Our boxes arrived in great condition and faster than I thought. I would definitely recommend their service and use them again in the future!Jack
A step-by-step guide for moving to Indonesia
In Indonesian culture, there is a strong sense of family and community. People love nothing more than getting together to share food and enjoy the glorious tropical weather. So, if you're looking for an affordable new home in the sun surrounded by eye-opening sights and welcoming locals, then look no further. But before you grab a box and start to pack, check out our comprehensive moving guide:
Types of visas: if travelling from certain countries, such as most of Europe, Canada and the USA, you may be eligible for visa-free entry of up to sixty days. A visa for longer visits depends on your specific requirements. Check with your local Indonesian Embassy or Consulate for further information.
Job opportunities: depending on experience and qualifications, work is readily available. Popular industries for foreigners seeking employment in Indonesia include tourism, teaching, manufacturing, IT, and marketing.
Healthcare: there is a mixture of public and private healthcare systems, with the quality of care and resources depending on location. Expats and foreigners living in Indonesia often opt for international health insurance and seek treatment at private hospitals and clinics.
Education: schooling is compulsory for children aged seven to fifteen and is divided into three levels: primary, junior high school and senior high school. World-renown places of higher education include Jakarta's University of Indonesia and the Bandung Institute of Technology.
Lifestyle: visit for the stunning beaches and scorching weather, and stay for the welcoming people, tasty local cuisine, and laid-back way of life. From surfing and hiking to relaxing spas and ancient sights, there's plenty for new settlers to love about Indonesia.
Moving abroad checklist
While our international movers know how to eliminate removals stress, this handy checklist can help you fully prepare for the upcoming big move.
- Gather your documents: grab all your important documents, such as identification, visa, passport, proof of income and so on and place them all together in case you need quick access.
- Apply for a visa: various visas are available for entry to Indonesia, so thoroughly researching the best for your needs is advised. Then, apply and wait for approval.
- Find accommodation: rent or sell your current home, then decide your best housing option after arriving in Indonesia. We recommend renting as this lets you acclimatise to the new culture and surroundings before deciding to buy.
- Book an international removals company: visit our website and get a free instant quote. Then, let us know suitable dates to drop off your packing materials and collect your shipment.
- Arrange travel: arrive in Indonesia before your shipment so you can settle into your new home stress-free and comply with customs rules on duty-free imports.
- Sort your finances: tell everyone you bank with you are moving overseas, and take out some spare cash to cover any unforeseen purchases.
- Speak to a doctor: if you take regular medication, ask for a three-month supply to give you plenty of time to find suitable healthcare in Indonesia.
- Pet relocation: if your furry friends are coming along for the move, apply for an Indonesian pet permit one month before travel. Ensure they are vaccinated and have a valid health certificate within five days of your flight. Then, apply for an import permit. Depending on your origin country, your pet may also be subject to a seven or twenty-eight-day quarantine.
- Have a declutter: walk around your home and inspect all your household items. Decide what should be packed, sold, donated, or taken to the tip. Be ruthless because the fewer things you ship, the cheaper it will be!
- Pack your belongings: securely wrap and pack your belongings, then take them to the front of your building, ready for collection day.
- Settle into your new home: we'll let you know when your shipment has cleared through customs. Next, log in to your online account and book a delivery date. Once you've unloaded all your possessions, the only thing left to do is relax and enjoy your new life in the sun.