Due to severe flooding, the port of Durban has been closed. Our team is working tirelessly to keep customers updated and reduce the situation's impact, but some shipments may experience delays. We thank our customers for their understanding.
Why choose Seven Seas Worldwide
Purpose-built shipping boxes and materials provided
Trusted with your shipments for over 25 years
Pick your own dates for box delivery and collection.
Fully flexible student storage that adapts to your needs
For storage, pack in your own time, then contact us for collection
Trusted student movers for over 25 years
From acing your exams to making life-long besties, planning your next steps to learning how to use a washing machine, we understand students are incredibly busy, especially those studying internationally. And the last thing you need is the stress and expense of dragging your home comforts halfway around the globe on trains, planes and taxis.
Fortunately, at Seven Seas Worldwide, we've been helping graduates move their luggage to and from university or college for over a quarter of a century, using our convenient, budget-friendly, and, most importantly, completely flexible process. Whether you need to send boxes or bags overseas at the end of term or move them domestically between different addresses, our international student shipping services have you covered.
Our cost-effective student shipping services
As one of the country's most trusted international shipping companies, we're experts in transporting consignments of all sizes to universities worldwide and offer a wide variety of services to handle all your student moving needs.
Overseas student shipping
Effortlessly ship boxes, bags and other personal belongings internationally.
Student moving services
Make moving day stress-free with our straightforward student removals.
Our overseas student shipping process in 5 steps
Free online quick quote
Our instant quote tool provides a clear, itemised cost with no hidden fees or nasty surprises.
Pick your dates
When placing your order, choose the materials delivery and shipment collection dates that suit you.
Securely pack your items
We deliver your empty shipping boxes or MoveCube®, ready for you to fill.
We collect and ship
Complete the online documentation, then we'll collect your shipment and transport it to its destination.
Delivered to your address
Our team will clear your goods through customs, then deliver them safely to your new home.
Reliable, convenient and low-cost international shipping for students
Need an experienced student removals company to transport your possessions overseas? Look no further! Not only can our dedicated team ship your luggage to universities across the globe, we can also send bags and boxes back home at the end of term.
Instead of making lengthy to-do lists, focus on making memories and let Seven Seas Worldwide do the hard work for you. Here are just a few of the benefits our university and college shipping services offer:
- Door-to-door collection and delivery: sending your goods from A to B doesn't need to be as complicated as your quantum physics class. Simply get your free instant online quote, place your order and choose suitable dates for us to drop off your packing materials and collect your shipment. Once you've completed a few necessary forms, we'll handle the rest, including obtaining customs clearance, prompt international shipping and door-to-door delivery.
- No nasty hidden fees: we pride ourselves on 100% transparency. That's why our quote form provides a clear, itemised breakdown of all the costs involved in shipping boxes overseas, including warehouse handling, transportation and the completion of customs documentation. Plus, we never ask for full payment upfront — instead, we charge in affordable instalments, perfect for cash-strapped students.
- Dedicated customer support team: as we control our worldwide network of depots, you can rest assured our friendly team of customer advisors will be with you every step of the way, offering real-people support in a range of languages, including English, Mandarin, Cantonese, Thai and Afrikaans.
A few of the countries our student moving services cover:
Our expert student movers ship back and forth from countries in Asia, Europe, North America, Oceania and more. So, whether you're studying the classics at Cambridge, learning about sustainability in Sydney or going back to Malaysia when the term ends, you can rest easy knowing your personal items are in our capable hands.
Below are just some of the destinations we cover — click the icons to learn more about the shipping services we offer in each country.
Superb and quick service. I transported my belongings from the UK to Malaysia after my three years as a graduate student. Customer service was extremely helpful when I made several enquiries regarding redelivery. Will definitely be my number one choice for international shipping.Nur
FAQs about international student shipping
Another major perk of shipping boxes and bags with Seven Seas Worldwide is our straightforward and convenient process — you can arrange everything from the comfort of your dorm! Here's how it works in three easy steps:
Get a free quote: using our no-obligation online quote engine, enter the to and from addresses and as much information as possible about the belongings you want to ship. Once you've got a clear and accurate cost for the service, place your order and pick convenient dates for us to deliver your empty boxes and collect them when they're full.
Pack your goods: next, using the top quality packing materials we provide, carefully wrap your possessions, covering each item individually in plenty of bubble wrap and placing the heaviest items at the bottom of the box.
Complete the documentation: lastly, fill in the forms accessible through your online account, including a detailed inventory to record the contents of your boxes, optional insurance documents and copies of your passport and visa. We'll then text you your driver's arrival time the night before your chosen pick-up date, and once collected, we'll handle the rest, transporting your boxes overseas, through customs and to their destination. And, for additional peace of mind, you can even keep an eye on your shipment using our online tracking tool.
Our affordable student shipping service can transport luggage by either sea or air. Sea shipping is best for a student budget and produces less carbon emissions making it better for the planet, but it does take longer. Opt for our express air shipping method for a slightly higher cost if you need your beloved belongings promptly.
The best way to get the most accurate costs for our efficient baggage shipping service is to enter your details into our free online quick quote tool. It only takes a few minutes and will give you a comprehensive breakdown of all the fees involved, such as overseas transportation, customs and quarantine inspection and clearance and other related charges.
Unfortunately, many student shipping companies either don't know or hide these costs, resulting in surprise fees further down the line. However, we at Seven Seas Worldwide pride ourselves on our transparency, and as we control the entire process, end-to-end, we can tell you exactly where your money's going before you book.
When sending your personal effects overseas, you'll discover that every country has items they ban from importation, such as firearms, pirated goods, explosives, and illegal drugs. However, some destinations also have additional restrictions unique to their government's customs regulations.
To guarantee your shipment passes through customs without a hitch, we strongly recommend you read our Prohibitive Goods page before packing.
Our ultra-durable shipping boxes and materials
Don't worry about leaving your treasured possessions behind when embarking on your international adventures — our student shipping services can transport everything you might need for university life, such as laptops, furniture, textbooks, clothes, musical instruments and sports equipment. We even provide purpose-built shipping boxes made from double-walled, chemically-hardened cardboard, so you can securely pack your goods.
While we also offer a range of specialist packing materials for fragile or unusually shaped items, our two main shipping boxes are Large and Standard (please see below for dimensions). These are designed to our precise specifications to offer your belongings the utmost protection on bumpy overseas journeys. However, for both your safety and our drivers, we can't accept any container weighing over 30kg/66lbs. Instead, we suggest ordering plenty and splitting heavier goods between several boxes.
61 x 51 x 41cm / 24 x 20 x 16.14 inches
51 x 41 x 31cm / 20 x 16.14 x 12.2 inches
- Files and papers
- Kitchen utensils
A complete guide to preparing for your international studies
Is there any bigger adventure than flying the nest? That first taste of freedom when you leave home for university with the world at your feet and a bright, shiny future ahead of you is truly an unforgettable experience. But, of course, with so many applications, deadlines and arrangements to make, preparing to study abroad can be overwhelming, especially if you've not lived in another country before.
Don't panic, though, as we've put together this handy checklist to help you get organised. In it, we list the steps for applying to a university overseas, from writing a winning personal statement to packing up your possessions for shipping, giving you more time to plan that epic bon voyage party and say your see-you-soons to loved ones.
Study abroad checklist
Use this checklist to keep track of your study abroad planning and make the process stress-free and seamless.
- Meet the entry requirements: do plenty of research before picking a university or college. Use online forums to reach out to past students or contact your academic advisor to discuss the best options for you. Then, check the entry requirements for both the uni and the country it's in, as you might need to take a medical exam or provide proof you can afford living costs.
- Choose a course: once you've considered all the options, choose a program that best fits your interests and career goals. Pay attention to the application deadlines, though, as they might be earlier than you expect, and some only accept students on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Write a personal statement: this is the pitch you'll send to your chosen universities to obtain your application. Include details about what interests you about the course, the skills and experience you possess and your passion for your chosen field.
- Apply to university: here's the nerve-wracking bit — send your applications (typically through the university's website) and keep your fingers crossed. Good luck!
- Secure a visa: once a university sends you an acceptance letter, you'll need to apply for a student visa to study in that particular country. Also, check the expiry date on your passport as some countries require you to have at least six months extra beyond the end of your studies.
- Get packing: acquire your free instant quote using Seven Seas Worldwide's online booking tool and arrange a collection date. Then, wrap your belongings and pack them into the super sturdy cardboard shipping boxes we provide, ready for their overseas journey.
6 handy tips for moving out of student halls
While leaving everything to the last minute might work for acing your essays, it certainly isn't the best idea when relocating to new uni living quarters. From halls of residence to houseshares and student flats, it can sometimes feel like you change university accommodation more often than you visit the pub — luckily, these top six tips are here to make the process a breeze.
Start looking for accommodation:
Decent student properties get snapped up in a blink, so if you want to find yourself a mould-free flat bigger than a postage stamp, start looking asap. The easiest way to get in quick is to go onto estate agent websites like Rightmove and set up instant alerts for your area.
Inform contacts of your new address:
Once you've found a suitable pad, ensure you let your bank, energy providers and any other contacts, like internet, TV and phone companies, know your new address. You don't want to lose any important mail or misplace your mum's care packages!
Take time to sort and declutter:
Lightening the load can save you a fortune in storage. Start by sorting your possessions into three piles, Store, Donate and Sell. Then, ensuring you only keep what's of utmost importance, use online marketplaces like eBay and Depop and charity shops to clear the rest.
Securely box up your belongings:
Once you've got your free instant quote and arranged student shipping with Seven Seas Worldwide, carefully pack your belongings into the durable cardboard boxes sent to your door. Wrap each item individually and fill any gaps with cushioning materials.
Leave your room sparkling:
Some halls have excessive cleaning fees, so whack on some motivational tunes and spend a couple of hours hoovering, cleaning and scrubbing your room. And don't forget to rope in your friends and flatmates for communal areas like kitchens and bathrooms!
Don’t forget to double-check:
Once our driver has arrived to collect your boxes, give the property one last look over before handing back the keys, including checking sockets for chargers and adapters and fridges and food cupboards for forgotten perishables.
Meaningful gap year ideas to inspire you:
Gap years are about more than simply sunning yourself on exotic beaches and frequenting the local bars, although that's certainly a bonus! They can teach you about different ways of life, help you break out of your comfort zone, introduce you to new friends and give your resume a boost with all the skills you've learnt along the way. Unsure of how to best use your year off? Here are a few ideas for inspiration:
- Take a part-time course: take the opportunity to add another string to your bow. Whether you want to learn a language, try a new sport, or develop a practical skill like coding, mechanics, carpentry, or cookery, additional qualifications are guaranteed to impress potential employers.
- Volunteer for a worthy cause: want to save the world? Fantastic! From planting trees to teaching children, digging wells to looking after wildlife, charities always need people to get involved with their good work.
- Work on a farm or in a household: if you don't mind getting your hands dirty, consider signing up for agricultural work in countries like New Zealand and Australia. Or lend a hand with childcare and chores as a nanny. You'll not only gain work experience, but you'll often also get free accommodation.
- Apply for an internship or apprenticeship: test out a potential career path by using your year away from academia to find work in a particular field like business, journalism or marketing. Although you might not earn big bucks, you'll make contacts and improve your chances for future employment.
- Go on a thrill-seeking adventure: backpack across Southeast Asia, Interrail through Europe or buy an around the world plane ticket — the options are endless! Alternatively, join a trekking expedition or take part in an adrenaline challenge to test your endurance and teamwork abilities.