Why ship with Seven Seas Worldwide?
Purpose-built shipping boxes and materials provided
Trusted with your shipments for over 25 years
Pick your own dates for shipment delivery and collection
We handle the quarantine and customs clearance process
Spread the cost by paying in several instalments
Trusted worldwide student shipping for over 25 years
University is one of the most exciting times in our lives. A chance to make friends for life, expand our horizons, prepare for work, and become truly independent for the first time while studying overseas. With so many great things to enjoy, we're sure the last thing on your mind is how you'll transport your personal belongings home! That's where we come in. Since we're former students ourselves, we understand precisely what you need.
As an experienced international shipping company, we know the best ways to send boxes, bags and luggage worldwide. With over 25 years of experience, our expert team provide round-the-clock customer support and in-depth local knowledge to ensure the safe delivery of your possessions.
Budget-friendly international student shipping
When it comes to shipping luggage overseas, our services take care of all your student moving needs. Utilising more than two decades of experience, we ship luggage to many destination countries worldwide, including Australia, Canada, China, Hong Kong, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, South Africa, Taiwan, Thailand and the United States.
Here are just a few of the many benefits when choosing our shipping service:
- No hidden fees: generate a free instant quote today for a clear breakdown of costs during all stages of shipping, including customs clearance, handling, and transportation. Plus, we'll never ask for full payment upfront. Instead, you can pay in easy-to-manage instalments.
- End-to-end service: after placing an order, choose suitable dates so we can drop off your packing materials and collect your shipment. All you need to do is fill in some online documents, finish your latest uni assignment, and we'll take care of the rest!
- Multilingual customer support: since we control a global network of depots, we can assist you from start to finish. From local customs knowledge to customer service advisors who speak various languages, including English, Mandarin, Cantonese and Afrikaans, you'll feel supported at every step of your shipping journey.
Since we control a global network of depots, we can assist you from start to finish.
Our student shipping process in 5 steps
Free online quick quote
Our instant quote tool provides a clear, itemised cost with no hidden fees or nasty surprises.
Pick your dates
When placing your order, choose the materials delivery and shipment collection dates that suit you.
Securely pack your items
We deliver your empty shipping boxes, ready for you to fill.
We collect and ship
Complete the online documentation. Then we'll transport your shipment to its destination.
Delivered to your address
Our team will clear your goods through customs and deliver them safely to your new home.
FAQs about our overseas shipping services
One of the ways our international shipping company makes sending boxes and bags easy is by allowing you to order at your leisure from wherever you happen to be. Simply follow these three steps:
- Grab a free instant quote for a transparent breakdown of costs. Then, place your order, pay the small security deposit and choose suitable dates for us to bring any of our empty boxes and packing materials you require.
- Next, securely pack up all your belongings into boxes, bags and suitcases and complete your online documentation, including an inventory of every item shipped, customs documentation, and optional premier or basic insurance. Then, we'll collect your shipment and take it to our nearest depot.
- After your Shipping and Transportation payment has been made, we'll take your possessions to their destination city and clear them through customs. Once your goods have arrived, log onto your online account, pay the final destination charge and select a suitable date so we can deliver your shipment.
Delivery times vary depending on where your shipment is going and how soon you need it. Air shipping is the quickest option, but costs slightly more. Sea shipping takes a little longer and is cheaper. Plus, it produces fewer carbon emissions, making it better for the environment.
Grab a free instant quote today for accurate transit times.
For a precise cost breakdown of our student shipping service, use our free online quote tool. It only takes a few minutes and shows a breakdown of all fees, including shipping and destination charges. Unlike most shipping companies, we control the entire shipping process, which allows us to be completely transparent.
Each country has a list of items that cannot be imported to protect its citizens and environment. Avoid costly fines and delays by reading up on our Prohibited Goods page before packing.
What are the best boxes to use for overseas student shipping?
With over 25 years of experience shipping worldwide, we know precisely how strong a container needs to be to protect your personal effects over long journeys. For this reason, we have created chemically-strengthened, double-walled cardboard boxes.
If you want to ship unusually-shaped items such as musical instruments or sports equipment, prepare them as securely as possible - for example, a hard case for a guitar or a bag and several layers of bubble wrap for a surfboard. Doing so ensures they safely reach our depot, where we will pack them using high-quality packing materials and boxes designed to fit your items. Plus, the best part about our boxes is you can order as many as you like! We'll even collect whatever you don't use for free (if they remain unused).
61 x 51 x 41cm / 24 x 20 x 16.14 inches
- Teddy bears
- Bed sheets and pillows
51 x 41 x 31cm / 20 x 16.14 x 12.2 inches
- Notebooks and folders
- Kitchen utensils
4 space-saving packing tips
Maximising space when packing can be a challenge. However, with a few simple techniques, you can ensure your belongings make it to your destination safely and efficiently. Read on for our top 4 space-saving tips when sending luggage abroad.
Fold and neatly place your clothes into a vacuum storage bag, then seal it. Next, suck out the bag's air with a vacuum cleaner.
Like magic, your bag will shrink to around half its size, allowing you to pack more items.
Roll your clothes:
Instead of folding your clothes, rolling is an effective way to save space when packing.
Tightly-packed clothes take up less room than folded clothes and, as long as they are clean and dry, are also less likely to wrinkle!
Make use of smaller bags:
Bags, such as toiletry or shoe bags, can help keep your items organised and maximise space.
Using separate bags means your belongings are less likely to get lost in larger bags, and you can stack the smaller bags on top of each other to save space.
From start to finish, Seven Seas Worldwide's service has been exemplary, from the ease-of-use online platform, payment schedule, collection, document compliance, status updates, clearing and delivery. Exceptional in service delivery.Andrew
5 things every student must try before graduating
Graduating college is a significant milestone and a turning point in our lives. By getting involved, making connections, and reflecting, you can create lasting memories and set yourself up for success in later life.
To make the most of your college experience, take a look at our checklist of the top ten things to do before you graduate.
University experiences checklist
1. Get involved in extracurricular activities: most universities have a range of clubs you can join, including sports, student organisations and charity work. Not only will this help you develop new skills, make new friends, and create lasting memories, but it will also look attractive to employers.
2. Attend campus social events: we're only young once! Take advantage of the opportunity to attend concerts, parties and social outings. An active social life allows you to intimately connect with your peers and let your hair down after intense study periods.
3. Soak up your host country: you might never return, so fully immerse yourself in a new culture. Doing so challenges you to broaden your horizons, learn a new language, discover new things about yourself, and make international connections.
4. Attend career fairs and networking events: explore career options as early as possible. Attend networking events and job expos to meet professionals in your field and learn about upcoming opportunities. The connections you make now could become lifelong partnerships.
5. Get involved in research: participating in research projects offers hands-on experience and helps you to develop a deeper understanding of your field of study.