Why choose Seven Seas Worldwide
Purpose-built shipping boxes and materials provided
Enjoy 2 weeks FREE storage before and after shipping
Pick your own dates for shipment delivery and collection
Trusted with your shipments for over 25 years
Spread the cost by paying in three instalments
No matter if you're escaping to the wonderfully wild and mountainous south or settling in one of the country's many thriving cities, like Wellington or Auckland, moving to New Zealand is bound to be a life-changing experience. However, the stress and expense of moving furniture, household goods and treasured belongings to their new home can put some people off embarking on this incredible adventure.
Luckily, our experienced and knowledgeable team have been safely shipping personal goods door-to-door for over 25 years. So, if you're looking for a simple and affordable international removals service, Seven Seas Worldwide has got you covered.
Making international removals to New Zealand easy for over 25 years
Thinking about making your dream come true and starting a new life as a kiwi? From shipping a few boxes to the contents of your entire home, our door-to-door overseas removals service is here to make your move to New Zealand entirely hassle-free. Here's a few reasons why Seven Seas Worldwide is one of the leading international removal companies:
- Complete packing kit: we'll send you plenty of free packing supplies to help you securely wrap your goods, including a measuring tape, a roll of parcel tape with a dispenser, packing knife and black marker pen.
- Full customs and quarantine clearance: our team have all the first-hand experience and local knowledge needed to successfully import your shipment into New Zealand without any additional costs.
- Free secure storage: if required, we can store your goods free of charge for up to two weeks on either side.
- Three-part payments: to give you time to settle into your new home, we'll never ask you to pay one lump sum. Instead, we spread the cost of our international moving services by charging in three affordable instalments.
- 10% off for returning customers: should you need to send more items to New Zealand, or any other of our numerous shipping destinations, via the MoveCube®, contact our friendly team today for a 10% discount.
International removals in 5 easy steps
Free online quick quote
Our instant quote tool provides a clear, itemised cost with no hidden fees or nasty surprises.
Pick your dates
When placing your order, choose the materials delivery and shipment collection dates that suit you.
Securely pack your items
We deliver your empty shipping boxes or MoveCube®, ready for you to fill.
We collect and ship
Complete the online documentation, then we'll collect your shipment and transport it to its destination.
Delivered to your address
Our team will clear your goods through customs, then deliver them safely to your new home.
MoveCube® — your own mini shipping container
Designed to make international removals even more straightforward, the MoveCube® is an incredibly popular shipping solution, entirely unique to Seven Seas Worldwide. In essence, it's your own personal shipping container, explicitly built for securely transporting furniture and household goods overseas.
Once you've got your free instant shipping quote, placed your order and chosen suitable collection and delivery dates, we'll transport your MoveCube® directly to your door ready for you to pack — we'll even supply you with plenty of bubble wrap, tape and heavy-duty boxes (included with Large MoveCube® orders). Then, after you've completed the online documentation we'll send you, including insurance and an inventory to record the contents of your shipment, we'll handle the rest, from getting your goods through customs to delivering them to your new address.
We have three sizes of MoveCube® available and can deliver multiple containers if required. Plus, you only pay for what you use, so if once you're packing your belongings you decide you need a smaller MoveCube® before it arrives, we can swap it for free. Alternatively, if there's overflow, we can send additional bags and boxes using our luggage shipping service, and if shipped by sea, they'll arrive at the same time as your other goods.
In essence, it's your own personal shipping container, explicitly built for securely transporting furniture and household goods overseas.
See our international MoveCube® in action:
How big is a MoveCube®?
Just because you're moving to New Zealand doesn't mean to should sacrifice all of your much-loved and hard-earned possessions. Instead, use Seven Seas Worldwide's MoveCube®. It's perfect for packing up everything from boxes of books and suitcases full of clothes to your sofa and washing machine, making international home removals a piece of cake. Below we've listed the dimensions for the three sizes of container we provide — and don't forget, if necessary, you can always order multiple MoveCube's® or additional boxes.
H - 1.871m
W - 1.464m
L - 2.264m
B - 61cm
H - 1.871m
W - 1.464m
L - 1.114m
B - 61cm
H - 1.871m
W - 1.114m
L - 0.964m
B - 61cm
*Please note, the MoveCube® is loaded from the side panel.
Frequently asked overseas removals questions
The best way to get the most accurate price for international removals to New Zealand is to fill out our free instant shipping quote form. It's quick and easy to submit and will give you a clear breakdown of all of the costs involved, including customs clearance and other related charges, so rest assured, you won't be hit with any nasty surprises once you've placed your order.
Both returning citizens and new residents with long-stay or permanent visas can import their household goods into New Zealand duty-free as long as they've owned them for six months or more. Also, although you don't need to be present in the country when your shipment arrives, you must be planning to land within six months, and we will need to provide customs officials with either a copy of your plane ticket or your passport and visa.
The Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) is the government body in New Zealand responsible for deciding whether or not to inspect your container. Please do note — if your shipment contains items that haven't been efficiently scrubbed of household dust, soil or vegetation before packing, they have the right to demand they're cleaned, irradiated or removed for deep burial, incurring additional charges.
Before your shipment can set sail to New Zealand, you'll need to log into your account and complete the following online documentation:
- Inventory for you to record the contents of your shipment.
- Insurance to protect your possessions in case a mishap occurs.
At the final stage of the process, you'll also need to upload scans of your passport's picture and signature pages and, if applicable, a copy of your visa.
The authorities in New Zealand will ask to see these forms, so please ensure the information you enter is as accurate as possible. There are handy pointers throughout the process, but feel free to contact our friendly and knowledgeable team if you have any questions.
At Seven Seas Worldwide, we can transport removals to New Zealand by either sea or air. Sea shipping is the most affordable option, perfect if you're sending several MoveCube's®.
Another feature of our service that makes us stand out from other international moving companies is our online tracking tool, allowing you to check on your shipments travels and offering further peace of mind.
To protect their unique ecosystem and the health of their citizens, New Zealand has incredibly stringent regulations regarding bringing in household items that might contain soil, dirt and other contaminants. Please ensure the following goods are clean and dry before packing and are easily accessible in case customs needs to inspect them:
- Garden equipment: BBQs, lawnmowers, spades, ladders, wheelbarrows, gazebos, outdoor furniture etc.
- Sports equipment: bicycles, scooters, fishing rods, hockey sticks, saddles, cricket gear, golf clubs, mountaineering ropes etc.
- Camping equipment: tents, poles and pegs, camping chairs etc.
- Cleaning equipment: brooms, mops, vacuum cleaners (remove the bag and clean filters), dustbins, etc.
- Shoes and boots: if you order a MoveCube®, we'll provide you with a "Shoe and Boot Box", within which you need to pack all footwear, including hiking boots, golf shoes, rugby boots and everyday shoes and must be packed at the door of the container for easy inspection.
Also, along with other commonly restricted items, such as alcohol, controlled drugs and narcotics, food, pirated goods and weapons or replica weapons, New Zealand prohibits the importation of all candles by air, pain relief head bags and Christmas decorations made of organic materials like wreaths, pinecones and mistletoe.
Our Prohibited Goods page contains a comprehensive list of all the items you can send along with certain service-based restrictions.
How long does it take to ship to New Zealand from Thailand?*
*estimated timings dependent on global shipping circumstances
How to pack your MoveCube® in 4 easy steps
When moving to New Zealand, the prospect of having to box and wrap all your worldly goods for a long journey can be daunting. However, international removals are made easy with a little preparation, forethought and care. Get your possessions packed up and on the way to their new home in no time by following these four steps (more information can be found in our Moving FAQs):
Invest some time in decluttering:
Before assembling your boxes and unfurling your bubble wrap, spend some time sorting out which items are must-takes and which can be left behind. eBay, Facebook Marketplace and other auction similar sites are ideal for offloading everyday items like kitchen appliances and prams. But for more antiques, collectibles and furniture, you're likely to make better bucks by contacting a specialist second-hand store.
Packing fragile items with extra care:
Firstly, choose a sturdy and appropriately sized box. We strongly suggest using the cardboard boxes we provide as these are double-walled and specially designed for shipping. Then, wrap all easily-breakable objects individually in bubble wrap, placing heavier items at the bottom and filling any gaps with generous amounts of paper.
Make an inventory to help you keep track:
Writing a detailed list of all the items you're shipping to New Zealand is an essential part of our documentation process. Plus, it provides you with a clear understanding of what's going into each box and makes it easy to find necessities when unpacking in your new home. Once the inventory's complete, clearly label your boxes with details of their contents and which room to place them in after reopening your MoveCube®.
Consider weight and size when loading your MoveCube®:
Our top tip when loading a MoveCube® is to place the heaviest items, such as washing machines, fridges etc., in the centre and as low as possible. Then, stand a mattress or two against the sides to create a padded barrier and stop these items from knocking into each other. Other helpful points to keep in mind include vacuum packing soft items like bedding and clothing to save space and filling any gaps to prevent movement.
What an excellent service; the quoted price is the price you pay — no ugly surprises. The customer service team is fantastic, very knowledgeable and professional. I recommend Seven Seas Worldwide to anyone moving country. They make it so simple and stress-free. The delivery guy here in Auckland, New Zealand, was on time, friendly and helpful. Just an exceptionally great service.Sherri
Moving to New Zealand: Relocation Guide
Despite being tucked away in the corner of the world, New Zealand is overflowing with cultural wonders, natural beauty and superb wine. Ideal if you're looking for a more relaxed way of life and have a passion for the great outdoors, it's easy to see why New Zealand sits top of the list of places to move to for expats. But, before you pack your bags and fly out the door, here are a few things you need to know:
Types of visa: Those emigrating to New Zealand typically need to have either a job offer or be married to or have children that are residents of the country to obtain a permanent visa.
Job opportunities: New Zealand's booming housing market means construction jobs are often available, paying high wages and offering immediate starts. Farming is another of the country's key industries, and skilled labours are much in demand.
Healthcare: ranking 15th in the world, New Zealand's top-quality public healthcare is mainly free to residents with a visa valid for two years or more. However, there are small charges for dentistry and optometry services.
Education: Thanks to low class numbers and higher teacher to student ratios, New Zealand's also boasts a top-ranking school system. Plus, the Kiwi's friendly and accommodating attitude makes it incredibly easy for little ones to feel instantly at home in their new classrooms.
Lifestyle: From the All Blacks challenging opponents with the Haka to paddling a waka (traditional canoe) around the coast, the history and traditions of Maori culture play a massive part in New Zealand's identity. One in seven of the population identify as Maori, and their language, Te Reo Maori, is an official language of the country.
Moving overseas checklist
Feeling overwhelmed about relocating to New Zealand? Don't panic — we've created this checklist to help simplify the process of moving overseas and reduce the stress.
- Collect all your important documents: ensure you have all the necessary paperwork safe and stored in one spot, including marriage certificates, birth certificates, passports, financial records and insurance policies.
- Secure a visa: research visas for New Zealand and find the most appropriate one to your situation, then apply and await approval.
- Arrange temporary housing: once granted a visa, decide whether you're going to sell or rent your current home, or if you rent, cancel your lease. When finding accommodation in your new location, it's best to rent before investing in a property to give yourself enough time to adjust.
- Order your MoveCube®: get your free instant shipping quote, place your order and arrange a day for us to deliver your MoveCube®.
- Make travel reservations: decide on a timeline and book a ticket to your new home.
- Organise your bank accounts and credit cards: notify all the banks you use that you're moving overseas and set aside a little money for emergencies and last-minute expenses.
- Stock-up on medication: if you take regular medication, speak to your doctor and arrange a three-month prescription as it may take some time to access healthcare in New Zealand.
- Research how to move your pets: if your furry friends are relocating with you, ensure they receive the proper vaccinations, then identify a pet carrier to transport them safely.
- Declutter your home: sort through your goods and decide what to ship and what to sell, store or donate.
- Securely pack your goods: once your MoveCube® arrives, box up the items you're keeping using the free packing starter kit we provide and load your container.
- Celebrate your move: now your belongings are on their way to your new home, you can relax. So, take the time to say your see-you-soon's to your friends and family before setting off.
Our international removals depots in New Zealand
From sailing to surfing and biking to hiking, Auckland is the place to be for adventure-seekers.
Close to the home of Hobbiton, the vibrant city of Hamilton is famed for its relaxed lifestyle.
Napier is known for its Art Deco architecture, fine wineries and stunning beaches.
New Zealand's capital, Wellington, is full of friendly faces and incredible natural beauty.