Why choose Seven Seas Worldwide
Purpose-built shipping boxes and materials provided
Enjoy 2 weeks FREE storage before and after shipping
Pick your own dates for shipment delivery and collection
Trusted with your shipments for over 25 years
We handle the quarantine and customs clearance process
Moving to Ireland? We make overseas removals easy
With its beautiful green landscapes, friendly people, and burgeoning cities, the Republic of Ireland is a popular destination for young professionals, families and retirees looking for a welcoming and scenic new home abroad. Get your new life in the Emerald Isle started today by choosing our stress-free international movers.
As one of the world's most trusted removal companies, we've been successfully helping people relocate to Ireland for over 25 years. With our unique shipping container solution, local depots and free packing supplies, it's no surprise we're an exceptional choice for international removals.
Providing trusted moving services for over 25 years
Affordable and transparent, our international removal service covers most of Ireland, including Dublin, Cork, Limerick, Derry and Galway. Here are just a few key benefits of shipping personal belongings with us:
- Free Starter Pack: our MoveCube® service includes a measuring tape, a roll of parcel tape and dispenser, a box cutter knife, a black marker pen and 3 floor sheets in Small, Medium or Large sizes to estimate what can fit in each container.
- Safe and secure storage: as part of our shipping process, we give you 2 weeks of free storage in both the origin and Irish depots to ensure you have enough time to relocate.
- No unexpected fees: get a free instant quote to see a transparent cost breakdown during every stage of your shipment's journey.
- Full customs clearance: we take care of shipping from Canada and the Irish customs process. All you need to do is pack your personal effects and fill in your online documentation. Simple!
- Pay in instalments: no need to worry about paying a lump sum upfront. You can spread the cost over three affordable payments. A small deposit after booking, a fee when your household items leave our depot, and then a final instalment before we bring your goods to your new home.
How our removal company ships to Ireland:
Free online quick quote
Our instant quote tool provides a clear, itemised cost with no hidden fees or nasty surprises.
Pick your dates
When placing your order, choose the materials delivery and shipment collection dates that suit you.
Securely pack your items
We deliver your empty shipping boxes or MoveCube®, ready for you to fill.
We collect and ship
Complete the online documentation. Then we'll transport your shipment to its destination.
Delivered to your address
Our team will clear your goods through customs and deliver them safely to your new home.
Ship belongings with the MoveCube® self-load container
Once you've picked out your dream home among the lush green fields and thriving cities of Ireland, the next step is to pack your possessions and get them transported. Perfect for bigger loads, our unique MoveCube® service works as your own dedicated shipping container that we bring directly to your door to be loaded. You can fill it with anything from household appliances and bedding to furniture and kitchen goods.
Our international removals service to Ireland is easy. First, generate a free instant quote and place an order. Then, select appropriate dates that allow us to deliver your free Starter Pack and conduct a site inspection.
Next, we'll deliver a MoveCube® to your door, ready for you to load within an arranged time. Then, we'll take it to our nearest depot to be stored before shipping. Finally, log in to your account and fill in all your online documentation before we ship your goods. After you arrive in Ireland, choose suitable delivery dates so we can deliver your possessions.
It's only natural to worry about your belongings as they travel long distances overseas. With this in mind, check out our insurance policies designed to offer extra peace of mind as your possessions make their way to the Emerald Isle. Plus, via our online tracking tool, you can monitor every movement of your shipment!
Perfect for bigger loads, our unique MoveCube® service works as your own dedicated shipping container that we bring directly to your door to be loaded.
See our international MoveCube® in action:
Our three sizes of MoveCube® shipping pod
The MoveCube® is a mini shipping crate designed by our moving company to offer your household items the utmost protection they need during long, bumpy journeys. Our moving containers are available in Large, Medium and Small (see below for their dimensions). We can provide multiple MoveCubes® for bigger house removals.
If you only have a small shipment, our boxes and luggage shipping service is your most cost-effective option.
H - 1.871m
W - 1.464m
L - 2.264m
B - 61cm
H - 1.871m
W - 1.464m
L - 1.114m
B - 61cm
H - 1.871m
W - 1.114m
L - 0.964m
B - 61cm
*Please note, the MoveCube® is loaded from the side panel.
FAQs about our international removals process
As prices vary due to location and mode of transport, use our free quote engine to get an accurate figure based on your specific needs. It only takes a few minutes to fill in and shows a clear itemised cost breakdown of all shipping stages.
Another good reason to choose our international removal company is that we take care of customs clearance! However, there are a few important things to note:
- When your shipment arrives, you must be physically present in the Republic of Ireland.
- You must provide evidence of your current residence and your residence in Ireland.
- Your personal effects may be imported tax-free into Ireland once a Transfer of Residence form has been completed and then signed and approved by customs officials.
For a list of accepted documents and a full rundown of Irish customs clearance, please reference our Ireland customs advice page.
Once you've placed an order, log into your online account and complete the following:
- A detailed inventory listing everything that's in your MoveCube®.
- Optional insurance forms to protect your goods from accidental damage.
- Relevant customs forms, including a Transfer of Residence (C&E 1076), to clear your shipment.
- Scans of your passport, including the picture and signature pages, and your visa (if applicable).
If you need assistance, our multilingual, dedicated customer support team are more than happy to answer any questions.
You can! When moving from Canada to Ireland, we provide 2 weeks of free storage at our depots in both countries. You can add a storage service after booking, but please ensure this is more than 24 hours before the MoveCube® loading day.
To request longer storage, get in touch, and we can add time between your collection and delivery dates for an affordable fee.
As with all countries, Ireland has certain items that cannot be imported. Read our Prohibited Goods page before packing to avoid costly fines and delays.
How long does shipping to Ireland from Canada take?*
*estimated timings dependent on global shipping circumstances
How to pack for overseas removals in 4 steps
To guarantee your goods are shipped safely, we suggest hiring a professional packing service or domestic mover to wrap and pack for you. If packing yourself, allow plenty of time, ask for help from friends and family, and follow these 4 helpful tips (check out our Packing Guides section for more advice):
Get rid of clutter:
Taking everything you own when moving abroad is perhaps not the best idea. Some household goods are too cumbersome and could be repurchased when you arrive in Ireland. After all, if you ship less, it'll cost less!
Pack fragile items with care:
Cover crockery and glass in several layers of bubble wrap and place them as close to the centre of your container as possible, away from the sides. Use three strips of overlapping packing tape to tightly seal the base of your box, then repeat when sealing the top.
Place heaviest items low down and lighter items on top. Fill any gaps with packing paper or scrunched-up newspaper.
Arrange parking for our vehicle:
Apply for parking tickets or permits ahead of your MoveCube® loading day to load and unload your items within your allotted time. Our driver will try to park as close to your home as possible, ideally within 20 metres, as they must keep the vehicle within sight.
We can also provide a trolly to help move your possessions, and our driver will offer advice should you need it.
Load your MoveCube® evenly:
Replicate the estimate made using your Starter Pack floor sheets by placing heavy goods like sofas and sideboards at the bottom of the MoveCube® and then lighter things on top.
If you see any gaps, try to fill them with a container. Avoid using small, loose items to fill gaps, as they will likely move around during shipping and get damaged. Instead, place them in sturdy boxes and bags.
Support on the phone and via email was consistently great. We had all our questions answered swiftly and friendly. The drivers on pickup and delivery were amazing, too, and the tracking tool was a good feature to check on our stuff now and then.Georgios
International relocation essentials: moving to Ireland
The Irish are enthusiastic communicators who love nothing more than great literature, long pub visits with friends and family, and traditional music. If you're looking for a warm, creative and welcoming European destination, the shores of Ireland are the place to be. But before packing up all your worldly goods, read the following essential facts to help prepare for the big move:
Types of visas: to settle, work or study in Ireland, apply for a type "D" visa. Depending on your country of origin, you may not need a visa for short visits of up to 90 days.
Job opportunities: due to low corporation tax, the English language and its European location, Ireland has become an attractive overseas destination for large companies and startups from all over the world. In-demand jobs include information technology, construction, finance and nursing.
Healthcare: if you are settled in Ireland for a year or intend to do so, you are entitled to a wide range of free and low-cost healthcare services via the Health Service Executive.
Education: between the ages of 6 and 16, all children in Ireland must receive an education either at home or in school, with a minimum of 3 years spent at secondary level. For students moving to Ireland, top-ranking Irish universities include Trinty College Dublin, the National University of Ireland and University College Cork.
Lifestyle: tourists flock to Ireland year after year for the stunning scenery, ancient architecture, and world-famous beer, but it's the generosity and communal spirit of the locals that make them want to stay forever.
Moving overseas to-do list
Although our international moving company knows how to make shipping to Ireland easy, this step-by-step list can help you prepare for the transition overseas:
- Gather your documents: keep handy all vital paperwork you might need quick access to, such as your passport, visa, proof of vaccination, and ID.
- Apply for a visa: depending on your intended length of stay, where you are travelling from, and your purpose, there are a variety of Irish visas to choose from, so research is a must.
- Find accommodation: once your plans are finalised, decide whether to sell or rent your home in Canada. Consider renting in Ireland before buying, as this gives you time to settle into your new surroundings and culture.
- Book an international removals company: get a free quick quote for the best movers to Ireland, then arrange a suitable date for us to bring a MoveCube® to your door for loading.
- Arrange travel: you must arrive in Ireland before your shipment. So, booking flights with plenty of time to spare is essential.
- Sort your finances: let all your banks know you're leaving the country, and take out some spare cash to cover emergencies and last-minute purchases.
- Speak to a doctor: if you have any regular prescriptions, request a three-month supply to give yourself plenty of time to find a new practitioner once settled in Ireland.
- Take pets to the vet: if your furry friends are coming along for the adventure, ensure they are vaccinated and have an EU pet passport. Then, buy an appropriate pet carrier for use during travel.
- Have a declutter: only take with you what you need. If it can be sold, donated, recycled or wasted, then do so. Besides, the less you need to ship, the more money you save!
- Pack your belongings: before your MoveCube® loading day, wrap and pack all your household goods as securely as possible, and then take them to the entrance of your building. Remember, we also have a range of specially-shaped containers for large items such as sports equipment and musical instruments.
- Settle into your new home: once your shipment safely passes through customs, we'll let you know. Then, via your online account, book a suitable delivery day for us to bring MoveCube®. All that's left to do is unload, unpack and settle into your life in your beautiful new surroundings.