The introduction of a new customs system at the Port of Surabaya is severely delaying the clearance of shipments to Indonesia. Please check our Global Shipping Statuses page for updates — we apologise for any inconvenience
Why choose Seven Seas Worldwide
Purpose-built shipping boxes and materials provided
Enjoy 2 weeks FREE storage before and after shipping
Pick your own dates for shipment delivery and collection
Trusted with your shipments for over 25 years
We handle the quarantine and customs clearance process
We provide stress-free and affordable overseas removals
Thanks to vibrant cities, Southern hospitality, and a touch of Hollywood sparkle, year after year, America attracts professionals, retirees and students moving abroad seeking an exciting new life. So, why not start your next chapter in the Land of Opportunity today by using our convenient international removals services?
As one of the world's leading overseas shipping companies, moving to the USA from Canada is something we've been helping people do for over 25 years. Drawing on our experienced team, in-depth local knowledge and multilingual customer advice, we can support you every step of the way.
Trusted for over 25 years, we make international moves easy
Affordable and convenient, our removal services cover many key parts of the States, including New York, Los Angeles, Miami, Las Vegas, Orlando and San Francisco. The following are just a few of the benefits you can enjoy when choosing our international removals company:
- Free Starter Pack: alongside our revolutionary MoveCube® service, you will receive a measuring tape, a roll of parcel tape and dispenser, a box cutter knife, a black marker pen and 3 floor sheets. The floor sheets allow you to estimate how much you can fit in a Small, Medium or Large MoveCube®.
- Safe and secure storage: 2 weeks of free storage in both the origin country and America gives you plenty of time to arrive at your new destination.
- No hidden fees: get a free instant quote and see a transparent breakdown of our international removal services.
- Pay in instalments: we won't demand an entire bill is paid upfront. Instead, you can spread the cost over three budget-friendly instalments.
- Full customs clearance: all you need to do is fill in your online forms and safely pack your belongings. We'll take care of the rest, including shipping everything to the USA and helping them gain customs clearance. Easy!
Quality international removals to the USA in 5 steps
Free online quick quote
Our instant quote tool provides a clear, itemised cost with no hidden fees or nasty surprises.
Pick your dates
When placing your order, choose the materials delivery and shipment collection dates that suit you.
Securely pack your items
We deliver your empty shipping boxes or MoveCube®, ready for you to fill.
We collect and ship
Complete the online documentation. Then we'll transport your shipment to its destination.
Delivered to your address
Our team will clear your goods through customs and deliver them safely to your new home.
The MoveCube® protects household goods when shipping to the States
Once you've decided which town or city to live in, the next step is to pack your possessions and transport them to North American shores. Perfect for big loads, our robust MoveCube® can safely ship your personal effects to the USA. A dedicated container designed to protect your shipment during overseas journeys, it can be filled with everything from white goods and furniture to sports equipment and household appliances.
Our international removals service to the USA is easier than you think.
First, get a free instant quote and place an order. Then, choose suitable dates so we can deliver your free Starter Pack and conduct a site inspection. Next, we'll bring however many MoveCubes® you require to be loaded by you during a designated time slot. Then, we'll store them at our depot, where they'll await shipping. Lastly, log in to your account and ensure all your online documentation is complete. Once you arrive in the US, choose convenient delivery dates so we can deliver your precious household items.
It's only natural to worry about your belongings during their long journey around the world. Fear not! Check out our comprehensive insurance options to protect your goods for complete peace of mind. Plus, with our online tracking tool, you can closely monitor your shipment wherever it is.
A dedicated container designed to protect your shipment during overseas journeys, it can be filled with everything from white goods and furniture to sports equipment and household appliances.
See our international MoveCube® in action:
What sizes of MoveCube® shipping containers are there?
The MoveCube® is our unique shipping pod that protects your household items during long overseas transits. The three available sizes are Large, Medium and Small (see below for dimensions). We can provide more than one MoveCube® if you have extra-large shipments.
If you only have a few items to send, we can ship boxes and bags to the USA for small moves.
H - 1.871m
W - 1.464m
L - 2.264m
B - 61cm
H - 1.871m
W - 1.464m
L - 1.114m
B - 61cm
H - 1.871m
W - 1.114m
L - 0.964m
B - 61cm
*Please note, the MoveCube® is loaded from the side panel.
Frequently asked questions about moving services
As a top international moving company, we offer transparent costs tailored to your needs. Get a free online quote in minutes for a full breakdown of charges.
As experienced overseas movers to the USA, we take care of customs clearance for you. But keep in mind the following to ensure things run smoothly:
- You must physically be in the States when your personal effects arrive in the country unless you are a returning US citizen.
- Ensure your online inventory accurately matches what you have packed.
- Upload scans of your passport clearly showing the picture and signature pages.
Returning citizens can import their goods duty-free, providing they are pre-owed for at least 12 months. For a full breakdown of the USA customs process, including duty-free rules for new or non-USA citizens, check out our Importing into the USA page.
After booking our international movers, log into your account and complete your online documents:
- An inventory itemising everything you have packed into the MoveCube®.
- Scans of your passport, including both the photo and signature pages.
- The shipment owner’s destination address, email, and contact phone number.
- Optional insurance forms to fully protect your goods in case of an accident
- Relevant customs forms.
US customs officials will see these forms, so they must be correct. Our multilingual support team are available to offer help and assistance whenever needed.
Absolutely! We provide 2 weeks of free storage for international relocations at our depots in the origin country and the USA. To request longer storage services, simply let us know more than 24 hours before we arrive with a MoveCube®, and we can add storage for an affordable fee.
As with every country, the USA has a list of goods that cannot be imported. Avoid painful fines and delays by reading up on our Prohibited Goods page before packing.
How to pack your belongings for long-distance moves
We strongly advise hiring a professional packing service or domestic mover to pack for you. Doing so ensures all your goods, and most importantly, fragile items, are transported safely. Otherwise, to ease stress and avoid last-minute rushing, follow our 4 helpful packing tips below and read our Packing guides for more info:
Be ruthless with clutter:
Think carefully about which US state you are moving to. Is it a hot or cold climate? Does it have beaches? Are they next to the snowy Canadian border? If you don't need six bikinis or three woolly coats, leave them behind. After all, the less you take, the cheaper it will be!
Many unwanted items can be sold on auction sites like eBay or Facebook Marketplace. Large goods like sofas and washing machines can be repurchased after you arrive. Another option is to donate to charity.
Pack fragile items with care:
Cover crockery and glass in bubble wrap and place them as near to the centre of your box as you can. With three layers of overlapping packing tape, tightly seal the base of your box, then repeat when sealing the top.
Refrain from packing close to the sides of your container. Heavy items should be placed lowest, with lighter items on top. If you see any gaps, stuff them with packing paper or newspaper. Finally, gently shake your box. If it makes any noise, stuff it with more paper!
Arrange parking for our vehicle:
For a smooth experience when loading and unloading the MoveCube®, pay for parking tickets or permits ahead of time. Ideally, our driver should be able to park within 20m of your collection and delivery addresses entrances, as they must keep the vehicle within sight.
A trolly is available to help move your goods if needed, and our knowledgeable drivers are always on hand to offer advice.
Load your MoveCube® evenly:
Heavy goods, such as dishwashers and sofas, should be placed at the bottom layer. Stack lighter items on top to avoid crushing anything below. If you see a gap, try to fill it. Imagine you're playing a game of Tetris, intending to slot all items into place neatly.
Avoid adding loose, small items into gaps, as they could easily move around and be damaged during shipping. Instead, place them in secure boxes and bags.
When I was searching for a good, reliable and affordable company, Seven Seas Worldwide came up in a top 5 search. My move to the USA went well. I was so pleased to see all my belongings as they left the MoveCube®! Also, it arrived well ahead of schedule.Faiza
Things to consider when relocating to the US
There is a famous saying in the USA: go big or go home. Americans love to go big! Big ambitions, big meals, big cars, and really big skyscrapers. It's the American dream and open to all, no matter where you're from. So, if you're looking for a new start in life, a fresh challenge, or a diverse country to explore in your golden years, the Land of Hope and Dreams is the place to be. But first, here are some key facts to help guide your relocation:
Types of visas: you will need a visa or visa waiver to enter the USA. The US State Department can tell you which one you require depending on your purposes, such as work, study, or immigration.
Job opportunities: to work in the US, you must hold a valid visa or Green Card (Permanent resident). Visas types include employer-sponsored, seasonal, temporary and exchange-visitor. Popular and well-paid roles are nurses, IT consultants, marketing managers and software developers.
Healthcare: there is no free medical treatment in the US. Most citizens pay for health insurance which covers some or all healthcare expenses should you need it.
Education: depending on the state, schooling is provided for free from around ages 5 to 18. Most students attend public school, with the remainder going to private school. World-famous colleges include Harvard, MIT, Stanford, Columbia, and Yale.
Lifestyle: life moves fast in the big cities of the North, such as New York, Chicago, and Boston. With a melting pot of cultures, there are neverending things to see and do, from concerts to museums and dining out. The Southern states have a slower pace of life with a bigger focus on family, religion and national pride.
International moving checklist
Even though our overseas removal company knows how to take the stress out of shipping to the States, follow this helpful checklist to prepare for the big transition abroad:
- Gather your documents: keep all important travel docs in one place, such as your passport, visa, vaccination proof, and any other forms of ID you might quickly need.
- Apply for a visa: depending on your purpose in the USA, there are a variety of visas to suit your requirements, so research is a must.
- Find accommodation: once your visa is confirmed, decide whether to rent or sell your current home. Before buying in the US, renting might be the best option to give yourself time to adjust to a new way of life.
- Book an overseas removals service: grab a free quick quote on our website, then arrange a convenient date for us to deliver a MoveCube® shipping container to your door.
- Arrange travel: as you must be in the US when your belongings arrive, book your flights with plenty of time to spare.
- Sort your finances: tell all the organisations you bank with that you are emigrating, and withdraw some spare cash for unforeseen events and last-minute purchases.
- Speak to a doctor: if you take regular medication, request a three-month supply to allow for plenty of time to register with a new practitioner in the USA.
- Take pets to the vet: if your little furry pals are coming with you, obtain a health certificate from your veterinary, then secure a suitable pet carrier to transport them.
- Have a declutter: walk from room to room in your home and decide what should be packed, sold, recycled or donated. Be as ruthless as possible! After all, the less you need to ship, the less money it costs.
- Pack your belongings: meticulously wrap your household items, then take them as close to the entrance of your building as possible before our driver arrives with a MoveCube®. On request, we can provide specialist boxes for larger items such as golf clubs, guitars, suitcases and bicycles.
- Enjoy life in your new home: after your goods have been cleared through customs, get in touch via your online account to book a delivery date. Finally, unpack, unwind, and enjoy your new life in the US of A!