The introduction of a new customs system at the Port of Surabaya is severely delaying the clearance of shipments to Indonesia. Please check our Global Shipping Statuses page for updates — we apologise for any inconvenience
Why choose Seven Seas Worldwide
Purpose-built shipping boxes and materials provided
Enjoy 2 weeks FREE storage before and after shipping
Pick your own dates for shipment delivery and collection
Trusted with your shipments for over 25 years
We handle the quarantine and customs clearance process
About our overseas moving services
With its dramatic skylines, endless shopping districts and vibrant mix of tradition-meets-the future, Hong Kong is a city like no other. Whether you're a young professional, family, or retiree looking for an exciting new place to call home, Hong Kong has something for everyone. So, why not make the transition as easy as possible by using our trusted international removals?
We've been helping people start new lives in Hong Kong and other worldwide destinations for over 25 years. Thanks to our customs insight, extensive local knowledge and free packing supplies, it's no surprise we're one of the best-rated moving companies.
Trusted for 25+ years, we make long-distance moves easy
Affordable and convenient, we can safely transport your household goods from Canada to Hong Kong stress-free. We deliver to all Hong Kong districts, including Lantau Island, the New Territories, Kowloon Peninsula and Hong Kong Island. Here are some of the reasons to choose our overseas removal company:
- Free Starter Pack: our MoveCube® service includes the following free packing materials - a measuring tape, a roll of parcel tape and dispenser, a box cutter knife, a black marker pen, and 3 floor sheets to estimate what can be loaded into a container.
- Secure storage: 2 weeks of free storage in the origin country and our Hong Kong depot, giving you plenty of time to settle into your new home.
- No hidden fees: get a free instant quote today for a detailed breakdown of what you will pay for our international relocation services.
- Pay in instalments: first, a small deposit when you make an order. Next, a fee before your personal effects are shipped from our depot. Finally, a payment when your goods arrive in Hong Kong.
- Easy customs process: we take care of everything from collecting your personal belongings and shipping them to dealing with Hong Kong customs and then delivering them to your new home. All you need to do is safely pack your items and fill in your online forms.
Household removals to Hong Kong in 5 steps
Free online quick quote
Our instant quote tool provides a clear, itemised cost with no hidden fees or nasty surprises.
Pick your dates
When placing your order, choose the materials delivery and shipment collection dates that suit you.
Securely pack your items
We deliver your empty shipping boxes or MoveCube®, ready for you to fill.
We collect and ship
Complete the online documentation. Then we'll transport your shipment to its destination.
Delivered to your address
Our team will clear your goods through customs and deliver them safely to your new home.
The MoveCube®: a mini shipping container delivered to your door
Once you've found a beautiful new home in Hong Kong, the next step is to pack up your personal possessions and ship them. Perfect for large household goods, such as sofas, beds, and fridges, our robust moving container, the MoveCube®, can safely transport your goods. The MoveCube® is a "pack yourself" moving container that we deliver straight to your door, ready to be loaded with everything from sporting goods to musical instruments.
With us, shipping to Hong Kong is straightforward. Begin with a free instant quote, place your order and choose convenient dates for us to deliver your free Starter Pack and conduct a site inspection. We'll bring however many MoveCubes® you require to your door to be loaded by you within your time slot. Then, we'll take them to our local depot, ready to be shipped. Complete your online documentation and after your goods arrive in Hong Kong, select a suitable date for us to deliver them to your new home.
Are you concerned about your precious possessions travelling long distances? Worry no more! As an experienced international furniture removal company, we have various insurance policies to ease stress. Plus, our online tracking tool lets you monitor your shipment's location as it travels to your new home in Hong Kong.
The MoveCube® is a "pack yourself" moving container that we deliver straight to your door, ready to be loaded with everything from sporting goods to musical instruments.
See our international MoveCube® in action:
What MoveCube® container sizes are there?
The MoveCube® is our unique, secure moving crate available in three sizes: Large, Medium and Small (see below for their dimensions). It offers your household effects all the protection needed when travelling overseas. For bigger removals to Hong Kong, you can order multiple MoveCubes®.
If you only have a small collection of household items to send, our boxes and bags shipping service is your best option.
H - 1.871m
W - 1.464m
L - 2.264m
B - 61cm
H - 1.871m
W - 1.464m
L - 1.114m
B - 61cm
H - 1.871m
W - 1.114m
L - 0.964m
B - 61cm
*Please note, the MoveCube® is loaded from the side panel.
Common questions about removals to Hong Kong
Because international removals prices vary due to individual requirements, you can use our free online quote engine for a specific cost tailored to your needs. Receive your quote in just a few minutes! We break down every step of your goods' journey, including shipping stages and all removal costs.
As experienced movers to Hong Kong, we take care of customs clearance for you. But there are a few essential things to keep in mind:
- Your online inventory must match what you pack so customs officials can see what is in each container.
- To avoid import taxes and duties, do not pack anything you intend to use for commercial purposes.
- Check out our prohibited goods page for a list of what you can and cannot import.
After booking our international removals service, log into your account and complete the following online documents:
- Your inventory, listing every item in the MoveCube®.
- Scans of your passport - both photo and signature pages - and your visa.
- Optional insurance forms for extra protection in case your possessions are lost or damaged.
Hong Kong customs officials will ask to see these forms, so please be accurate. Don't hesitate to contact our multilingual support team if you need any help or advice.
As one of the highest-rated international removal companies worldwide, we offer 2 weeks of free storage at our controlled depots. You can request storage after your initial booking, but it must be more than 24 hours before your MoveCube® loading date.
Sometimes plans suddenly change, and you might need to store your goods for longer. We can help with that! Simply let us know, and we can add longer storage for an affordable fee.
Like all countries, Hong Kong has a list of items that cannot be imported. Our Prohibited Goods page details everything you need to know before packing to prevent unnecessary fines or delays.
How long do removals to Hong Kong from Canada take?*
*estimated timings dependent on global shipping circumstances
4 expert packing tips for house removals
The best way to ensure your possessions are correctly packed is to hire a professional packer to do it for you. If packing yourself, save unnecessary mishaps by putting aside time to pack slowly. Ask your friends and family to lend a hand and then follow these 4 expert tips or read our in-depth packing guides for further advice:
Get rid of excess clutter:
Shipping everything you own is unnecessary stress. For example, you are unlikely to need thick jackets and snow boots in Hong Kong. Plus, the less you take, the cheaper your removal costs will be!
Consider selling unwanted possessions on eBay or Facebook Marketplace for extra cash. You could also donate clothes or furniture to charity and recycle broken and unusable items.
Pack fragile items with care:
When assembling your boxes, use three layers of packing tape to strengthen the base, then repeat when sealing the top.
Wrap fragile items in bubble wrap and place them in the centre of your box. Avoid packing against the inside walls Heavier items should be placed lowest, with lighter items on top. If there are any gaps, stuff them with packing paper or crumpled-up newspaper.
Organise parking for our vehicle:
For a smooth MoveCube® loading day experience, aim to finish well inside your allotted timeslot. Pay for any necessary parking tickets or permits and ensure our driver can park within 20 meters of your entrance.
Our driver cannot load your MoveCube® for you, but they will assist by lending a trolley and offering help and advice. However, they must keep the vehicle within sight at all times.
Balance weight evenly in the MoveCube®:
Before loading the MoveCube®, lay out the corresponding floor sheets we provide to check your belongings fit inside. From the bottom, load heavy items such as white goods and furniture. Place lighter items on top to avoid anything being crushed underneath. If you see a gap, fill it!
Place loose items in secure boxes and bags to avoid damage during transit, as they are more likely to move.
So glad I chose Seven Seas to deliver my daughter's boxes to Hong Kong. Everything went smoothly, from the delivery of the empty boxes to the arrival of the boxes at the final destination. Thank you.Jeffrey
Relocation guide: how to move to Hong Kong
Hong Kong is a densely populated city with a rich cultural background heavily influenced by China and the UK. Eating out is a big part of the culture so expect a lot of buffet-style dining and delicious street food. If you're looking for a bustling city with adventurous people who speak their minds, Hong Kong is the place for you. But before you get packing, we've listed some top tips to help you transition:
Types of visas: a visa is required to work, settle or study in Hong Kong. You can apply via the Hong Kong Immigration Department. Short stays between a week and three months, depending on which country you have arrived from.
Job opportunities: as the world's third-largest financial centre, there are plenty of job opportunities in Hong Kong. The biggest industries are banking, legal and real estate. Your chances of securing a job increase dramatically if you are highly skilled.
Healthcare: much like the British National Health Service (NHS), Hong Kong provides free treatment for citizens and permanent and non-permanent residents. All you need is a visa and a Hong Kong ID card.
Education: all children resident in Hong Kong aged between 6 and 15 must attend school. There are private schools for international students, including the English Schools Foundation and the Australian International School. World-renowned universities include the University of Hong Kong and the Chinese University of Hong Kong.
Lifestyle: Hong Kong is a thriving metropolis full of curious, passionate people. They love nothing more than outstanding cuisine, shopping, and exploring nearby country parks to hike, bike, and socialise.
Your moving abroad checklist
As trusted overseas movers for more than 25 years, we know the best way to safely ship your belongings internationally. Follow our handy checklist for a step-by-step guide to your big move:
- Apply for a visa: research which Hong Kong visa best suits your needs and await confirmation.
- Gather your documents: keep all important paperwork together, including your passport, proof of Covid-19 vaccination and visa.
- Find accommodation: once you've secured a visa and found a home in Hong Kong, decide whether you should sell or rent a property. Renting allows for time to settle into your new country.
- Book a removal company: get a free quick quote, and arrange a convenient date for us to deliver a MoveCube®, a secure shipping container for your belongings.
- Arrange travel: you must be present in Hong Kong when we deliver the MoveCube®, so book your flights in plenty of time.
- Organise your finances: notify whoever you bank with to say you're moving abroad and take out some cash to cover unforeseen events.
- Speak to a doctor: if you have ongoing medical prescriptions, request a three-month supply to allow for time to find a new practitioner in Hong Kong.
- Take pets to the vet: if bringing your cat or dog, apply for a special permit, get them vaccinated, and then arrange for a suitable pet carrier.
- Have a declutter: decide what you really need to take with you. Be ruthless! After all, the less you ship, the cheaper it costs. Plus, you can sell, donate or recycle what you don't need.
- Pack your belongings: ensure that your worldly possessions are securely wrapped and packed before the MoveCube® loading day and placed near your building's entrance. Remember, we also offer specially-shaped boxes for large items such as golf clubs, skis, and bicycles.
- Get settled in your new home: once your goods have passed through Hong Kong customs, we'll let you know. All you need to do next is contact us to arrange a delivery date, unload, and enjoy your exciting new life in the Far East!