Before you pack, check this list of items prohibited from entering particular countries and regions.
Unfortunately, blackouts are causing intermittent internet outages, and you may be unable to contact us via phone and email. However, we are still operating as usual and appreciate your patience.
Why choose Seven Seas Worldwide?
Purpose-built shipping boxes and materials provided
Enjoy 2 weeks FREE storage in your origin country
Pick your own dates for shipment delivery and collection
Trusted with your shipments for over 25 years
Your appointed agent will help you clear customs
Trusted international removals for over 25 years
Brunei, aka Brunei Darussalam, is a small country in Southeast Asia. Expats flock yearly for a mix of Islamic heritage, low taxes and modern comforts. The pristine rainforests, grand mosques and friendly locals create a peaceful atmosphere. Brunei offers young professionals, students and retirees the chance to live in a safe country surrounded by breath-taking landscapes. So, why not get your new life in the State of Brunei started today with our international moving company?
With over 25 years of experience moving household goods worldwide, we simplify the entire process. Our expert team and 24/7 multilingual customer service support you at every stage.
Cost-effective overseas removals from South Africa to Brunei
Affordable and straightforward, our removal services cover most cities and towns across Brunei. Popular destinations include Bandar Seri Begawan, Kuala Belait, Seria, Tutong, Bangar and Gadong.
Keep reading for more great reasons why we make moves to Brunei stress-free.
- Complimentary packing materials: when you place a MoveCube® order, you'll receive a free Starter Pack. Inside is a measuring tape, a box cutter knife, a marker pen, a roll of parcel tape, and a tape dispenser. Plus, three plastic floor sheets to assess how much can fit inside a Large, Medium or Small MoveCube®.
- Free storage: there's no need to travel in a rush! Arrive in Brunei ahead of your shipment thanks to two weeks of free storage in your origin country.
- Zero hidden fees: we strive to be as transparent as possible. After generating a quick free quote, you'll see a cost breakdown of your shipment's entire journey.
- Pay in stages: we won't ask for the entire balance upfront. Instead, you make two payments across your shipment's journey including one to your appointed customs agent.
How our international movers ship to Brunei in 5 steps
Free online quick quote
Our instant quote tool provides a clear, itemised cost with no hidden fees or nasty surprises.
Pick your dates
When placing your order, choose the materials delivery and shipment collection dates that suit you.
Securely pack your items
We deliver your empty shipping boxes or MoveCube®, ready for you to fill.
We collect and ship
Complete the online documentation. Then we'll transport your shipment to its destination.
Your appointed agent will help you during quarantine and customs clearance.
Overseas removals with the MoveCube® shipping container
After choosing an alluring Brunei town to move to, it's time to pack up all your personal effects and ship them. The MoveCube® is a sole-use shipping container that you can fill with everything from sofas to washing machines. Please note: if ordering more than one MoveCube®, they may arrive on separate days.
Start with a quick online quote and place an order. Then, let us know a suitable date so we can come to your home, conduct a site inspection, and deliver your free Starter Pack. Next, we'll bring a MoveCube® or MoveCubes® to your door to be loaded by you within a time slot. Then, we'll take your entire shipment to our nearest depot. Next, complete your online documents, including an inventory listing every item. Finally, when your shipment docks in Brunei, your appointed agent will help you clear customs.
Worrying about your precious household effects when they travel overseas is natural. Consider one of our comprehensive insurance policies to ease some stress. Plus, you can monitor the worldwide location of your shipment using our online tracker.
The MoveCube® is a sole use shipping container that you can fill with everything from sofas to washing machines.
See our international MoveCube® in action:
Is the MoveCube® move container available in multiple sizes?
The MoveCube® is a wooden moving pod unique to our international movers. It offers your home belongings complete protection during long journeys overseas. There are three available sizes to suit the size of your home: Large, Medium and Small (see below for dimensions). You can order multiple MoveCubes® by getting in touch.
If you only have a handful of things to ship, our boxes and bags shipping service is your most affordable option.
H - 1.871m
W - 1.464m
L - 2.264m
B - 61cm
H - 1.871m
W - 1.464m
L - 1.114m
B - 61cm
H - 1.871m
W - 1.114m
L - 0.964m
B - 61cm
*Please note, the MoveCube® is loaded from the side panel.
FAQs about our moving service to Brunei
The cost of moving abroad depends on individual circumstances. Factors include your shipment's size and the location of your origin and destination. Grab an instant free quote now for a cost breakdown specific to needs.
You can import most personal items and furniture with no additional customs charges. But, Brunei restricts the entry of specific items to protect its citizens and the environment.
Please note, you must be present in Brunei before your shipment arrives. It is up to you to clear them through customs using your appointed agent and dispose of the MoveCube®.
Please reference our regularly updated Prohibited Goods page before you pack to avoid extra charges.
Once you've made a booking, log into your online account and fill in the following:
- An inventory listing every single item you're shipping inside the MoveCube(s)®.
- Scans of the shipment owner's valid passport picture and signature pages.
- The shipment owner's destination address, email address, and phone number.
- Optional insurance forms for increased peace of mind in the unlikely event of loss or damage.
Customs authorities in Brunei will see these documents, so accuracy is a must. Our friendly customer service team is available around the clock to answer questions and offer advice.
As one of the world's standout removal companies, we know how to support our customers. You can benefit from 2 weeks of free storage at our nearest depot in your origin country.
If you need additional storage time at an affordable fee, let us know 24 hours or more ahead of your MoveCube® loading day.
Like all countries, Brunei has restrictions on specific goods to protect its citizens and environment. Visit our Prohibited Goods page before packing for the latest information.
Our top MoveCube® packing tips when moving abroad
Packing your household items well helps ensure everything arrives unscathed. We recommend hiring professional packers to ease some stress and save time. Otherwise, pack slowly and follow our 4 top tips below. For even more detailed packing advice, check out How to load a MoveCube® and How to pack our boxes.
Thoroughly declutter your home by getting rid of items you'll no longer need. For example, is there much use for a hot water bottle in Brunei? Remember, the less you ship, the cheaper it will be.
Be careful with delicate things:
Secure the bottom of your box with several layers of overlapping parcel tape. Repeat at the top once full. Use bubble wrap on all items and two layers for fragile effects. Put heavy goods along the bottom and lighter things above.
Create space by disassembling your furniture. Then, wrap and cover everything with protective materials to stop them from rubbing together during transit.
Purchase parking tickets for our vehicle:
Our driver must be able to park at least twenty metres from the entrance to your home. For a successful MoveCube® loading day, buy any necessary tickets or permits in advance.
It is up to you to load the MoveCube®. Lighten the load by asking friends and family for help. You can borrow a trolley to transfer containers. Our driver can offer advice but must keep the vehicle within eyesight.
Load the MoveCube® from the bottom:
Before loading day, use the Starter Pack's floor sheets to help assess what fits inside a MoveCube®. Build from the bottom up with furniture and heavy goods first, then lighter containers on top.
Fill gaps with containers. Avoid using loose items, as they could break and cause damage to the rest of your shipment.
I had a great experience using Seven Seas Worldwide. You can always get immediate help from their customer service hotline in different languages, which is extremely appreciated. The instructions and billing are clear, and you can monitor where your items are. Highly recommended.KK
Moving to Brunei: an essential guide
The culture in Brunei is rooted in Islam, respect, hospitality and community. Such traditional values blend with forward thinking aspirations and a high living standard. If you want to settle in a respectful environment full of modern amenities, you may have found your dream home. But before rushing to the airport, check out our essential facts to help with the relocation:
Types of visas: you can apply for a working visa at your home country's Brunei embassy. To qualify for a permanent residence visa, you must have lived in the country for at least ten years. Visit the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Brunei for further details.
Job opportunities: Brunei has plentiful employment opportunities as a wealthy economy thanks partly to oil reserves. English is widely spoken, especially in the international business community. Popular industries for expats including teaching, healthcare and IT.
Healthcare: Brunei has a mix of public and private medical options. Healthcare is free for all citizens, however, expats often opt for private healthcare due to its efficiency and for some peace of mind.
Education: pre-school, primary and secondary school is compulsory and lasts twelve years. Only primary school is mandatory for those attending Islamic religious schools and lasts seven years. High-ranking institutions of further education include Universiti Brunei Darussalam and Institut Teknologi Brunei.
Lifestyle: Brunei citizens lead a peaceful and leisurely life, with strong family values and a focus on community. Popular activities include visiting mosques, boating, golf, attending religious festivals and watching movies.
Relocation checklist for international moves
Even though our moving company makes shipping personal effects abroad easy, use our handy checklist to prepare for the big move itself:
- Gather your paperwork: keep all important documents, such as ID, marriage certificates, and wage slips, handy for easy access.
- Apply for a visa: research the most appropriate Brunei visa for your needs, then apply and await approval.
- Arrange accommodation: sell or rent your current residence, then either buy or rent in Brunei. Renting lets you acclimatise before making a large purchase like a new home.
- Book international removalists: get a quick free quote on our website, then select a date so we can bring a MoveCube® or MoveCubes® to your door.
- Arrange travel: arrive in Brunei ahead of your shipment so you can settle into your new home without feeling rushed.
- Sort your finances: tell your bank you're leaving the country and withdraw some Brunei dollars to cover any last-minute purchases.
- Speak to a doctor: ask for a three-month supply of any current prescriptions. Doing so gives you plenty of time to arrange new healthcare once in Brunei.
- Pet relocation: arrange all required vaccinations at the vets and buy a safe pet carrier. An import permit is required for all dogs, cats, and birds via the Brunei Ministry of Agriculture.
- Have a declutter: only ship what you'll need in Brunei. Perhaps those thick woolly socks can be left behind! The less you take, the cheaper it will be. Sell excess belongings via online auctions sites or donate to charity.
- Pack your belongings: pack your belongings into sturdy boxes. For a smooth MoveCube® loading day, move all your containers and furniture as close to your building's exit as possible.
- Settle into your new home: your appointed agent will help you clear customs. Then, all that's left to do is take the MoveCube(s)® to your new home to unload, unpack and then dispose of it.