Unfortunately, due to recent extreme weather across South Africa, there may be delays to the collection and delivery of some shipments. However, our team are working hard to keep our services running to schedule.
Why choose Seven Seas Worldwide?
Purpose-built shipping boxes and materials provided
Enjoy 2 weeks FREE storage in the origin and destination country
Pick your own dates for shipment delivery and collection
Trusted with your shipments for over 25 years
We handle the quarantine and customs clearance process
A trusted overseas removal company for over 25 years
Macau is a special administrative region of China famous for its irresistible mix of tradition and modernity. Expect glitzy casinos next to UNESCO World Heritage sites. Expats worldwide flock for favourable income taxes, low crime rates and diverse cultures. Whether you're retiring, moving for business reasons or a student, there's something here for all. Why not get your dream life in the Las Vegas of Asia started today with our international moving company?
With over 25 years of overseas removals experience, we simplify the entire process. Our expert team and 24/7 customer service support you at every stage.
Affordable and stress-free small removals to Macau
Our removal services are cost-effective, easy to use and cover most destinations across Macau. Popular districts include Macau Peninsula, Cotai, Taipa Island, Aalborg and Coloane.
Here are a few more reasons why we're the number one choice among removal companies:
- Zero hidden fees: we strive to be as transparent as possible. Our free quote tool displays an itemised cost breakdown of your entire moving experience before you make a booking.
- Pay in 2 stages: we won't ask for the total bill upfront. Instead, you pay a holding deposit and then a final payment before we take your shipment to your new home.
- We clear customs for you: all you have to do is pack your belongings and complete your online documents. Then, our expert team will safely guide your shipment through customs.
- Multilingual customer service: our friendly customer support team can answer questions and offer advice 24/7.
Removals from South Africa to Macau in 5 easy steps
Free online quick quote
Our instant quote tool provides a clear, itemised cost with no hidden fees or nasty surprises.
Pick your dates
When placing your order, choose the materials delivery and shipment collection dates that suit you.
Securely pack your items
We deliver your empty shipping boxes, ready for you to fill.
We collect and ship
Complete the online documentation. Then we'll transport your shipment to its destination.
Delivered to your address
Our team will clear your goods through customs and deliver them safely to your new home.
Our strong removal boxes for personal effects
After choosing which idyllic Macau town to settle in, it's time to pack up all your household items. Our overseas removalists offer robust moving boxes made from double-walled, chemically-strengthened cardboard. Our most requested containers are Large and Standard (see below for the exact dimensions). Order more than you think you need. If you have any remaining that are unused and in brand-new condition, we'll take them away free of charge.
You can also ship large goods, such as golf clubs and guitars, in specially-shaped containers made from the same quality materials. Before collection, securely prepare them, and we'll box them at our closest depot.
It's only natural to worry about your belongings as they travel overseas. Consider adding one of our comprehensive insurance policies for extra peace of mind.
61 x 51 x 41cm / 24 x 20 x 16.14 inches
- Sports equipment
51 x 41 x 31cm / 20 x 16.14 x 12.2 inches
- Files and papers
- Children's toys
FAQs about house removals to Macau
As a leader among international removal companies, we control a global network of depots. By providing a door-to-door service, we keep costs low. But your price depends on how much you're sending and where it's going. Use our free online quote tool for a cost breakdown unique to your shipping journey.
Like Hong Kong (HK), Macau is a free port. There are no duty tariffs on most household imports for citizens and non-citizens. For a full rundown, please visit the official Macau Customs Service.
Our multilingual customer service team are available around the clock to offer advice and answer questions.
Once you've made a booking with our moving service, log into your account and complete the following documents:
- An inventory listing every item you're shipping.
- Colour scans of the shipment owner's valid passport picture and signature pages.
- The shipment owner's destination address, email address, and phone number.
- Optional insurance forms to protect your goods in the rare chance they become lost or arrive damaged.
Macau customs officials will see these forms, so accuracy is essential. Our friendly customer support team are available 24/7 to offer advice and answer questions.
As experienced overseas movers, we know the best ways to support our customers. Enjoy two weeks of complimentary storage at one of our safe depots in your origin and destination country.
If you need longer storage, let us know more than 24 hours before collection day, and we'll extend your time for an affordable fee.
Like all nations, Macau has a list of goods banned from importation to protect its citizens and environment. Please visit our Prohibited Goods page for the latest information.
How long do international removals from South Africa to Macau take?*
*estimated timings dependent on global shipping circumstances
Expert packing tips for Macau removals
Properly packing your belongings helps avoid damage during transit. For the best results, we suggest hiring a professional packing service to save stress. Otherwise, take your time and follow our top tips below. For further expert advice, check out How to choose a box for shipping and How to pack our boxes.
Make a list of everything in your home and decide what you really need to take to Macau. After all, the less you ship, the cheaper it will be!
Be careful with valuable items:
Fold in the flaps of your box and seal using three overlapping layers of parcel tape. Repeat at the lid once full. Use bubble wrap on every item and use three layers for fragile goods. Place heavy things at the bottom and lighter items above and away from the sides.
Fill gaps with cushioning materials like towels and packing paper. Once complete, give your box a shake. If you hear a sound, add more materials till it's silent.
Secure a parking spot for our vehicle:
Purchase any necessary parking tickets or permits for our vehicle. Doing so allows our driver to park within twenty metres of your building's entrance and ensures a successful collection day.
A trolly is available to help transport your containers to our vehicle. Our driver can offer tips and answer questions but must be able to keep the van within eyesight at all times.
Get ready for collection day:
Move all your containers as close to your building's exit as possible the evening before. For your and our driver's safety, the maximum weight for each container is 30kg/66lbs.
Weigh each box, bag and suitcase on bathroom scales. If one is over the limit, transfer some items to a lighter container until it's under.
From start to finish, it was a pleasure. Seven Seas Worldwide's communication via e-mail and telephone was great. I never had to call them to follow up — their systems worked. The drivers were very helpful and friendly. It was the easiest part of my immigration process!Debbie
Moving to Macau: an expat's essential guide
Macau people embrace both their multicultural heritage and a modern way of life. They are known for their warmth, hospitality and a strong sense of community. So, if you're looking for a traditional home to raise a family that doubles as an entertainment and shopping mecca, the City of Dreams could be for you. But before you rush to the airport, we've put together a few essential facts to help with your relocation:
Types of visas: visitors from over seventy countries can reside for up to 180 days visa-free, depending on the nationality. To live and work in Macau, you must apply for a visa before arriving.
Job opportunities: as a thriving tourist hotspot, expats have ample job opportunities in the entertainment and gaming industries. Other in-demand roles include bankers, retail staff and IT professionals.
Healthcare: taxation funds Macau's health services. Expats can enjoy access to free healthcare with a valid ID. Private healthcare is also available for shorter wait times and a broader range of services.
Education: children receive fifteen years of free, compulsory schooling if enrolled at schools meeting specific requirements. World-ranked institutions include the University of Macau and the Macau University of Science and Technology (MUST).
Lifestyle: enjoy a lively urban environment packed with culture, entertainment and yearly sunshine. From choosing which glamorous restaurant to dine at to lazing on golden beaches, there's plenty for expats to enjoy.
Relocation checklist for overseas moves
Even though our international removers make shipping household items easy, this handy checklist helps you prepare for the big move itself:
- Gather your paperwork: keep all important documents, such as birth certificates and bank statements, in one place for quick access if needed.
- Apply for a visa: research Macau visas, then apply for one that suits you and your family's needs and await approval.
- Arrange accommodation: either sell or rent your current home, then buy or rent once in Macau. Renting lets you adjust to your new surroundings before making a significant decision, like buying a home.
- Book international movers: get a quick free quote on our website, then choose an appropriate date so we can collect your home belongings.
- Arrange travel: book flights ahead of your shipment so you can settle into your new home stress-free.
- Sort your finances: let your banks know you're leaving the country, and take out some Macanese pataca to cover any last-minute purchases or emergencies.
- Speak to a doctor: ask for a three-month supply of your current medications to last until you find a healthcare provider in Macau.
- Pet relocation: if your furry best friends are moving with you, arrange for their vaccinations and buy a safe pet carrier. You must show proof of immunisation by an accredited vet with ten days of travel and obtain a pet import permit.
- Have a declutter: carefully choose which home goods you'll ship to Macau. Sell, donate or recycle whatever you're leaving behind.
- Pack your belongings: place your home possessions into sturdy containers. To guarantee a successful loading day, move all your boxes, bags and suitcases as close to your building's entrance the evening before.
- Settle into your new home: once your shipment successfully passes through customs, log into your account and arrange delivery to your new home. All that's left to do now is unpack, relax, and settle into your exciting new life in the Far East!