These conditions explain the rights, obligations, and responsibilities of all parties to this Agreement, the “General Terms & Conditions” under pin the “Shipping Terms and Conditions” and in the event of any omission or ambiguity will then the “General Terms & Conditions” will supercede.
Where we use the word ‘You’ or ‘Your’ it means the Customer: ‘We’, ‘Us’ or ‘Our’ means the Remover. These terms and conditions can be varied or amended subject to prior written agreement. In Clauses 8, 9, 10, and 11 We limit or exclude Our liability for loss and damage.
We recommend You arrange insurance to cover Your goods or premises. We are able to arrange insurance for Your benefit upon request. This insurance will be separate from this contract and subject to the terms and conditions of the policy.
Terms and conditions
1. Our quotation
- 1.1 Our quotation, unless otherwise stated, does not include insurance, cancellation, customs duties, port charges including (but not limited to) demurrage, inspections, cleaning or disposal charges, any fees, taxes payable to government bodies or agencies or, the transfer of ownership of MoveCube® including all its component parts;
- 1.2 Our quotation is valid for seven days from the date of issue. Unless already included in our quotation, reasonable additional charges will apply in the following circumstances:
- (a) If the required documentation is not completed within 24 hours of the date of collection;
- (b) Where you require changes to the original quote that require a requote, for example, variation or changes of an address, changes to the size of the shipment whether that is changes to the number of boxes, bags and suitcases, or, changes in the number or size of MoveCube®;
- (c) Our costs change because of currency fluctuations, changes in taxation, freight, fuel, ferry or toll charges beyond our control;
- (d) The work occurs outside the normal working days and hours for that specific country, please see our website for our operational hours;
- (e) We have to collect or deliver goods at Your request above the ground floor and first upper floor;
- (f) If You or Your agents request collection or access to Your goods whilst they are in our depot;
- (g) We supply any additional services, including moving or storing extra goods (these conditions apply to such work);
- (h) The entrance or exit to the premises, stairs, lifts or doorways are inadequate for free movement of the goods without mechanical equipment or structural alteration, or the approach, road or drive is unsuitable for our vehicles and/or MoveCube® to load and/or unload within 20 metres / 66 feet of the doorway;
- (i) We have to pay parking or other fees or charges (including fines where you have not arranged the required suspension of parking restrictions) in order to carry out services on Your behalf. For the purpose of this Agreement parking fines for illegal parking, caused by Our negligence, are not fees or charges and You are not responsible for paying them;
- (j) There are delays or events outside Our reasonable control which increase or extend the resources or time allowed to complete the agreed work by arranged contractors, or our staff;
- (k) We agree in writing to increase Our limit of liability set out in Clause 8.1 prior to the work commencing.
- 1.3 You agree to pay any reasonable charges arising from the above circumstances.
2. Work not included in the quotation
- 2.1 Unless agreed by us in writing, we will not:
- (a) Dismantle or assemble furniture of any kind;
- (b) Disconnect, drain, re-connect, dismantle or re-assemble appliances, fixtures, fittings or equipment;
- (c) Take up or lay fitted floor coverings;
- (d) Move items from a loft;
- (e) Move or store any items excluded under Clause 4;.
- (f) Dismantle or assemble garden furniture and equipment including, but not limited to: sheds, greenhouses, garden shelters, outdoor play equipment, and satellite dishes, or move paving slabs, planters and the like.
- 2.2 Our staff are not authorised or qualified to carry out such work. We recommend that a properly qualified person is separately employed by You to carry out these services.
3. Your responsibility
- 3.1 It will be your responsibility to read all information We provide on Our Quote in respect to your removal, in addition, You are responsible to:
- (a) Arrange adequate insurance cover for the goods submitted for removal transit and/or storage, against all insurable risks as Our liability is limited under clauses 8.1 and 8.2;
- (b) Obtain at Your own expense, permits, permissions, licences, valuations, visas and/ or any customs documents necessary for the removal to be completed;
- (c) Pay for any parking or meter suspension charges incurred by Us in carrying out the work;
- (d) Be present or have a representative throughout the collection and delivery of the removal and any other visits We deem necessary;
- (e) Where We provide You with inventories, receipts, waybills, job sheets or other relevant documents You will ensure that they are signed by You or Your authorised representative as confirmation of collection or delivery of the Goods;
- (f) Take all reasonable steps to ensure that nothing that should be removed is left behind and nothing is taken away in error;
- (g) Arrange proper protection for goods left in unoccupied or unattended premises, or where other people such as (but not limited to) tenants or workmen are, or will be present;
- (h) Prepare adequately: turn off, disconnect, allow to drain and/or cool all appliances or electronic equipment prior to Our scheduled arrival;
- (i) Empty, properly defrost and clean refrigerators and deep freezers. We are not responsible for the contents;
- (j) Ensure that all sports, domestic and garden appliances, including but not limited to bicycle, golf clubs, camping equipment, washing machines, dish washers, vacuum cleaners, tools, hose pipes, all lawn mowers are clean and dry and have no residual fluid left in them;
- (k) Complete all documentation accurately and to the best of your knowledge, whether online or physical documents and uploaded documents requested, as well providing a correct and complete origin and destination addressed, emails and telephone numbers for the removal, transit and delivery of your goods;
- (l) Arrange appropriate transport, storage or disposal of goods listed in clause 4;
- (m) Prevent damage to or loss of all or part of the MoveCube® caused by your actions or inaction or those of your associates whilst at either your original address or any address you instruct us to deliver the MoveCube in fulfilment of your move. The replacement cost of those items affected by damage caused by your or your associates will be added to the quoted charges.
- 3.2 Other than by reason of Our negligence or breach of contract, We will not be liable for any loss or damage, costs or additional charges that may arise from failure to discharge these responsibilities.
4. Goods not to be submitted for removal or storage
- 4.1 Unless previous agreed in writing by a director or other authorised company representative, those items listed as a Prohibited Goods on our website must not be submitted for removal or storage and will under no circumstances be moved or stored by Us. You should make your own arrangements for their transport and storage.
- 4.2 If You submit such goods without Our knowledge We will make them available for Your collection and if You do not collect them within a reasonable time We will dispose of such goods in 60 days. You agree to pay Us any charges, expenses, damages, legal costs or penalties reasonably incurred by Us in disposing of the goods.
5. Ownership of the goods
- 5.1 By entering into this Agreement, You guarantee that:
- (a) The goods to be removed and/or stored are Your own property, or the goods are Your property free of any legal charge; or
- (b) You have the full authority of the owner or anyone having a legal interest in them to enter into this Agreement and You have made the owner fully aware of these terms and conditions prior to entering into this Agreement and that they have agreed to them;
- (c) If at any time following the implementation of this agreement to its completion or cancellation another person has or obtains an interest in the goods You will advise Us of their name and address in writing immediately;
- (d) You will provide a full indemnity and pay Us in respect of any claim for damages and/or costs brought against Us if either statement made in 5.1.1 or 5.1.2 is untrue or You fail to act in 5.1.3;
- (e) If You wish to transfer responsibility of this Agreement to a third party You will advise Us in writing giving Us their full name, email address and their home address. We will issue a new agreement to them. Our Agreement with You will remain in force until We have received a signed agreement from the third party.
- 5.2 Ownership of the MoveCube® and all its component parts remains with Seven Seas Worldwide Group Ltd., a UK registered company (Company Registration No. 07885469). Change of ownership will remain unchanged throughout the removal process unless explicitly stated by the Seven Seas Worldwide Group Ltd. in writing.
6. If you cancel
- 6.1 For Air Express, Baggage Worldwide, Mini Move, Metro Move and Student Storage, a full refund is processed if your request to cancel is made within 14 days of the deposit being paid AND the service has not commenced.
- (a) No refund is payable for Baggage Worldwide, Mini Move, Metro Move and Student Storage, if the service has commenced, following your instruction, so that the initial delivery of empty packing boxes or initial collection of packed boxes, bags or suitcases has been scheduled AND to occur within 72 hours of the scheduled date.
- (b) Partial refund is payable for Air Express only, if the service has commenced (as defined in 6.1.1) with a deduction of £84, including VAT, from the value of the deposit before refund.
- 6.2 For MoveCube® domestic and MoveCube® international services, a full refund is processed if your request is made within 14 weeks of the deposit being paid AND the service has not commenced.
- (a) Partial refund is payable, if the service has commenced, following your instruction, and you have received our Starter Pack then we will refund you the difference between the deposit paid and the price of the Starter Pack as detailed on your quote;
- (b) No refund is payable, if the service has commenced, following your instruction and either the delivery of the MoveCube® to your address or the depot visit, is scheduled AND to occur within 72 hours of the scheduled date;
- (c) Full refund for the cost of packaging purchased, as part of the MoveCube® service, then returned. The packaging should be returned in the same condition that it was delivered.
- 6.3 If you cancel following collection of your shipment, you will be liable for the costs to return your shipment. You will also be liable for the costs of storage fees incurred up to the scheduled date of return of your shipment.
7. Payment and documentation
- 7.1 Unless otherwise agree by Us in writing, or, you are using our “Student Storage” service for a period of less than SIX months, payment must be received by clear funds within SEVEN days of issuing the invoice.
- 7.2 In default of such payment of:
- (a) The invoice for Transport and Shipping, we reserve the right to apply a Late Payment Fee and apply storage at the rate shown on Your quote for the origin country;
- (b) The invoice for Destination Charges, we reserve the right to apply a Late Payment Fee and storage at the rate shown on Your quote for the destination country.
- 7.3 Unless otherwise agreed by Us in writing the documentation relating to your service should be completed and verified within SEVEN days of collection of your shipment.
- (a) In default of completion of the documentation relating to your service, we reserve the right to apply storage at the rate shown on Your quote for the origin country.
- 7.4 If all outstanding invoices remain unpaid SEVEN days following the application of a Late Payment Fee and/or storage charges then We will be entitled to give you TWENTY-EIGHT days’ notice of our intention to sell, or, dispose of, or, deal with your shipment as your agent and at your expense and apply any proceeds that arise to pay toward the defaulted payment.
8. Our liability for loss or damage
- 8.1 We do not know the value of Your goods therefore We limit Our liability to a fixed limit per item. The amount of liability we accept under this agreement is reflected in Our charges for the work. If You wish Us to increase Our limit of liability per item You agree to pay a higher price for the work as stated in Condition 1.2.11 (Our Quotation).
- 8.2 Unless otherwise agreed in writing if we are negligent or in breach of contract We will pay You up to £40 for each item which is lost or damaged as a direct result of any negligence or breach of contract on Our part.
- 8.3 For goods destined to, or received from a place outside the United Kingdom We will only accept liability for loss or damage
- (a) Arising from Our negligence or breach of contract whilst the goods are in Our physical possession, or
- (b) Whilst the goods are in the possession of others if the loss or damage is established to have been caused by Our failure to pack the goods to a reasonable standard where We have been contracted to pack the goods that are subject to the claim.
- 8.4 Where We engage an international transport operator, shipping company or airline to convey Your goods to the place, port or airport of destination, We do so on Your behalf and subject to the terms and conditions set out by that carrier.
- (a) If the carrying vessel/conveyance, should for reasons beyond the carrier’s control, fail to deliver the goods, or route them to a place other than the original destination, You may have limited recourse against the carrier depending upon the carriers particular terms and conditions of carriage, and You may be liable for General Average contribution (e.g. the costs incurred to preserve the vessel/conveyance and cargo) and salvage charges, or the additional cost of onward transmission to the place, port or airport of destination. These are insurable risks and it is Your responsibility to arrange adequate marine/transit insurance cover.
- 8.5 We do not accept liability for goods confiscated, seized, removed or damaged by Customs Authorities or other Government Agencies unless such confiscation, seizure, removal or damage arose directly as a result of Our negligence or breach of contract.
- 8.6 For the purposes of this Agreement an item is defined as:
- (a) The entire contents of a box, parcel, package, carton, or similar container; and
- (b) Any other object or thing that is moved, handled or stored by us.
9. Damage to premises or property other than goods
- 9.1 Because third party contractors or others are frequently present at the time of collection or delivery it is not always possible to establish who was responsible for loss or damage. therefore Our liability is limited as follows:
- (a) If we cause loss or damage to premises or property other than goods for removal as a result of our negligence or breach of contract, our liability shall be limited to making good the damaged area only.
- (b) If We cause damage as a result of moving goods under Your express instruction, against our advice, and where moving the goods in the manner instructed is likely to cause damage, We shall not be liable.
- (c) If We are responsible for causing damage to Your premises or to property other than goods submitted for removal and/or storage, You must contact our Business Centre as soon as practically possible after the damage occurs or is discovered or in any event within the same day. All Contact Details are available on Our website.
10. Exclusions of liability
- 10.1 We shall not be liable for loss or damage caused by fire or explosion, unless we have been negligent or in breach of contract. It is Your responsibility to insure Your Goods. We can arrange insurance cover, provided You declare the full replacement value of Your Goods and pay the premium in advance.
- 10.2 We shall not be liable for delays or failures to provide the services under this Agreement as a result of war, invasion, acts of foreign enemies, hostilities (whether war is declared or not), civil war, terrorism, rebellion and/or military coup, Act of God, pandemics, adverse weather, third party industrial action, re-scheduled sailing, departure or arrival times, port congestion, or other such events outside our reasonable control.
- 10.3 Other than as a result of Our negligence or breach of contract We will not be liable for any loss, damage or failure to produce the goods as a result of:
- (a) Normal wear and tear, natural or gradual deterioration, leakage or evaporation or from perishable or unstable goods. This includes goods left within furniture or appliances.
- (b) Moth or vermin or similar infestation.
- (c) Cleaning, repairing or restoring unless We arranged for the work to be carried out.
- (d) Changes caused by atmospheric conditions such as dampness, mould, mildew, rusting, tarnishing, corrosion, or gradual deterioration unless directly linked to ingress of water. OR
- (e) For any goods in wardrobes, drawers or appliances, or in a package, bundle, carton, case or other container not both packed and unpacked by Us.
- (f) For electrical or mechanical derangement to any appliance, instrument, clock, computer or other equipment unless there is evidence of related external damage.
- (g) For any goods which have a pre-existing defect or are inherently defective.
- (h) For perishable items and/or those requiring a controlled environment.
- (i) Loss of structural integrity of furniture constructed of particle board resulting from crumbling of the board.
- (j) For items referred to in Clause 4.
- 10.4 No employee of Ours shall be separately liable to you for any loss, damage, mis-delivery, errors or omissions under the terms of this Agreement.
- 10.5 Where goods are handed out from depot Our liability will cease upon handing over the goods to You or Your authorised representative (see Clause 11.1 below).
- 10.6 We will not be liable for any loss, injury or damage caused by Us or Our employees or agents in circumstances where:
- (a) there is no breach of this Agreement by Us or by any of Our employees or agents
- (b) such loss or damage is not a reasonably foreseeable result of any such breach.
11. Time limit for claims
- 11.1 If You or Your authorised representative collect the goods, We must be notified in writing of any loss or damage at the time the goods are handed to You or Your agent or as soon as practically possible.
- 11.2 For goods which We deliver, You must give Us detailed notice in writing with supporting digital visual evidence of any loss and damage within SEVEN days of delivery by Us. We may agree to extend this time limit upon receipt of Your written request provided such request is received within SEVEN (7) days of delivery. Consent to such a request will not be unreasonably withheld.
12. Delays in transit
- 12.1 Other than by reason of Our negligence or breach of contract, We will not be liable for delays in transit.
- 12.2 If through no fault of Ours, We are unable to deliver Your goods, We will hold them in storage at our depot. The Agreement will then be fulfilled and any additional service(s), including storage and change of address, will be at Your expense.
- 12.3 Any transit times quoted by Us are estimated and based upon information known to Us at the time. Transit times may vary due to a number of factors outside Our control including but not limited to changes in sailing or departure dates made by the freight/shipping company, changes in the routes used by the freight/shipping company and port congestion. We will advise You of any material changes to the transit times as soon as We become aware. We will not be liable for any loss or damage incurred by You as a result of delays in transit time unless directly attributable to Our negligence or breach of contract.
- 13.1 See Shipping Terms & Conditions, as supplied and updated by BIFA, the British International Freight Association
14. Our right to sub-contract the work
- 14.1 We reserve the right to sub-contract some or all of the work.
- 14.2 If We sub-contract, then these terms and conditions will still apply.
15. Route and method
- 15.1 We have the right to choose the method and route by which to carry out the work and the location in respect of storage.
- 15.2 Unless it has been specifically agreed otherwise in writing in our Quotation, other space/volume/capacity on Our vehicles and/or the container may be utilised for consignments of other customers.
16. Advice and information for international removals
- 16.1 We will use Our reasonable endeavours to provide You with up to date information to assist You with the import/export of Your goods. Information on such matters as national or regional laws and regulations which are subject to change and interpretation at any time is provided in good faith and is based upon existing known circumstances. It is Your responsibility to seek appropriate advice to verify the accuracy of any information provided.
17. Applicable law
- 17.1 See Shipping Terms & Conditions, as supplied by BIFA, the British International Freight Association
18. Your forwarding address
- 18.1 If You instruct Us to store Your goods, You must provide a correct and up to date address, email and telephone number and notify Us if it changes. All correspondence and notices will be considered to have been received by You within a reasonable time after sending by email to Your last email address recorded by Us
- 18.2 If You do not provide an email address or respond to Our correspondence or notices, We may publish such notices in a public newspaper in the area to or from which the goods were removed. Such notice will be considered to have been received by You seven days after the publication date of the newspaper. Note: If We are unable to contact you, We will charge you any costs incurred in establishing Your whereabouts.
19. Revision of storage charges
- 19.1 We review our storage charges periodically. You will be given 10 working days’ notice in writing of any increases.
- 20.1 If payments are up to date, We will not end this contract except by giving You three months’ notice in writing. If You wish to terminate Your storage contract, You must give us at least 10 working days’ notice (working days are defined in Clause 6 above). If We can release the goods earlier, We will do so, provided that your account is paid up to date. Charges for storage are payable to the date when the notice should have taken effect.
This page was last updated on 12th July 2021.