We’re currently experiencing technical issues with our inbound phone system. Our team is working hard to resolve the issue as quickly as possible, and we thank our customers for their patience.
Why choose Seven Seas Worldwide?
Purpose-built removals boxes and materials provided
Enjoy 2 weeks FREE storage in the origin country
Pick your own dates for removals shipment delivery and collection
Trusted removals service for over 25 years
We handle the customs clearance process in Italy
An international removal company you can trust
Italy is a country in Southern Europe famous for its breathtaking landscapes, hearty food and passionate people. Expats worldwide relocate for the laidback lifestyle, friendly locals and rich cultural options. Whether you want to retire in the sun, start a new job or study, Italy could be for you. Why not start your new life today by booking our international moving company?
With over 25 years of experience moving household effects worldwide from the USA, we simplify the entire removal process. Our international network of depots, in-depth Italian removals knowledge and 24/7 customer service support you at every step.
Affordable international removals to Italy
Cost-effective and straightforward, our removals service covers most cities and towns in Italy. Popular destinations for expats include Rome, Milan, Florence, Turin, Bologna and Venice.
Keeping reading for a few more reasons why our international moving service is the top choice among removal companies:
- Transparent removals costs: our free instant quote tool displays a full itemised moving cost breakdown before you book our service.
- Pay in stages: we won't ask for full payment upfront. Instead, you pay in several instalments throughout the removal process.
- We clear customs in Italy: simply pack your personal belongings and complete your online documents. Our expert moving team will safely clear your removals shipment through customs in Italy.
- Multilingual customer service: our friendly customer service team are available 24/7 to answer questions and offer moving advice.
Italy removals in 5 easy steps
Free online quick quote
Our instant quote tool provides a clear, itemised removals cost with no hidden fees or nasty surprises.
Pick your dates
When placing your order, choose the materials delivery and removals shipment collection dates that suit you.
Securely pack your items
We deliver your empty moving boxes, ready for you to fill.
We collect and ship
Complete the online documentation. Then we'll transport your removals shipment to Italy.
Delivered to your address
Our team will clear your goods through customs in Italy and deliver them safely to your new home.
Do you offer strong boxes for house removals to Italy?
Once you've picked a beautiful city or town in Italy to move to, it's time to pack your removals shipment. Our international moving experts offer boxes made from double-walled, chemically-strengthened cardboard to protect your belongings. Large and Standard are the most popular choices (see below for the exact dimensions).
Order more moving boxes than you think you'll need. If you have any left over in brand-new condition, we'll collect them for free. You can also move large items such as guitars and skis using specially-shaped removals containers made from the same quality materials. Prepare them before collection day, and we'll box them at our nearest depot.
We understand that saying goodbye to your household goods can be worrying as they travel to Italy. Consider one of our comprehensive insurance policies for extra peace of mind.
Large removals box
61 x 51 x 41cm / 24 x 20 x 16.14 inches
Best for moving:
- Sports equipment
Standard removals box
51 x 41 x 31cm / 20 x 16.14 x 12.2 inches
Best for moving:
- Files and papers
- Children's toys
FAQs about removals from USA to Italy
Our moving company controls a worldwide network of depots and drivers. As a result, we can offer a door-to-door removals service and keep costs down. But prices depend on how much you're shipping and your destination and origin countries. Use our free instant online quote tool for a transparent removals cost breakdown specific to your moving needs.
European Union (EU) members can import used household items to Italy free from customs tax. Non-EU members can do the same, but there are conditions. Conditions include the age of your possessions and how long you've lived outside of Italy. Please note: Italian customs may request that the shipment owner be present before their belongings arrive in Italy.
After booking our international removal service, log into your account and fill in the following documents:
- An inventory listing every item you're moving to Italy.
- Colour scans of the shipment owner's valid passport picture, signature pages, and scanned visa for non-EU citizens.
- The shipment owner's destination address, email address, and phone number.
- Optional insurance forms to ease stress in the rare chance your goods are lost or damaged.
Italian customs officials will be able to access these forms, so accuracy is a must. Our multilingual customer service team is available around the clock to answer any removals questions.
Yes! Enjoy 2 weeks of complimentary storage at one of our secure depots in your origin country.
If you want to add storage time, let us know more than 24 hours before your removal shipment's collection day for a cost-effective option.
Like all countries, Italy has a ban on specific goods to protect its citizens and environment. Visit our regularly-updated Prohibited Goods page before you pack your removals shipment to avoid unwanted delays or charges.
How long do removals from the USA to Italy take?*
*estimated timings dependent on global shipping circumstances
4 tips to help you pack when moving to Italy
We recommend hiring a professional packing service when moving to Italy to save time and ease stress. Otherwise, gather all your packing materials, avoid rushing and follow our expert top tips below. For even more in-depth advice, check out How to choose a box for shipping and How to pack our boxes.
Walk from room to room in your home and decide what you'll need in Italy and what you won't. After all, the fewer possessions you move, the more money you can save.
Secure the base of your removals box with three layers of parcel tape. Repeat at the lid once full. Use bubble wrap on each item and two layers for delicate goods. Place your heaviest things along the bottom and lighter effects above and away from the sides.
Fill gaps with cushioned materials like towels and packing paper. Once complete, give your removals box a gentle shake. If you hear anything, add more soft materials.
Secure a parking spot for our move vehicle:
Our driver must be able to park within twenty metres of your building's entrance. Buy any necessary parking tickets or permits for a successful collection day.
You can borrow a trolly to help move containers. Our driver can offer removals tips and advice but must be able to keep the van within eyesight at all times.
Be ready for collection day:
Move all your removals containers as close to your building's entrance as possible the night before collection day. The weight limit for each box, bag or suitcase is 30kg/66lbs for your and our driver's safety.
Weigh each removals container on bathroom scales. If one exceeds the limit, remove excess items until it's below.
Seven Seas Worldwide's removal service is great. Every time I needed something, the feedback was quick and helpful. I knew every step along the way what was going on and what was needed. Thank you for your great moving service and delivery. I would definitely recommend Seven Seas Worldwide.Taren
Moving to Italy: a step-by-step guide for expats
With a rich historical culture, world-renowned cuisine and high-quality healthcare, there's much to love about Italy. The breathtaking sights, scorching sun and endless landmarks make it one of the most romantic countries in Europe to settle in. But before you rush to book a flight to Italy, check out our essential guide to help with the big move:
Types of visas: European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA) and Schengen area citizens do not need a visa to move to Italy. All other nationals must apply for a long-stay visa.
Job opportunities: research the most applicable working visa. Learning Italian will significantly improve your chances of finding work. In-demand roles include sales reps, nurses, teachers, tour guides and service staff.
Healthcare: Italy has the fourth-highest life expectancy in the world, thanks to its excellent healthcare system. EU nationals can gain access by obtaining a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). Those arriving from a non-EU country should seek private medical care.
Education: schooling in Italy is compulsory for children aged 6 to 16, covering primary, lower and upper secondary. All students receive a well-rounded education focusing on arts, history, and languages. World-ranked universities include the University of Bologna and Sapienza University of Rome.
Lifestyle: Italians value a slower pace of life and time spent with family and friends over meals and coffee meets. Expats can enjoy everything from sports and cultural events to outdoor games and community pursuits.
To-do list for moving to Italy
Even though our international removal experts make the process of moving to Italy simple, use our handy checklist to help prepare for the move itself:
- Gather your paperwork: keep all important documents, such as birth certificates, proof of address and marriage certificates, in one place.
- Apply for a visa: research and then apply for the most relevant visa for your and your family's needs and await approval.
- Arrange accommodation in Italy: sell or rent your home, then buy or rent in Italy. Renting gives you time to acclimatise before making a big purchase like a house.
- Book an international removal service: grab a quick free removals quote on our website, then choose a date so we can come to your home and collect your belongings.
- Arrange travel toItaly: book flights to Italy ahead of your removals shipment. Doing so lets you settle into your new house stress-free.
- Sort your finances: inform all your banks that you're moving to Italy, and withdraw some euros to cover any last-minute purchases or emergencies.
- Speak to a doctor: ask for a three-month supply of any medication you're taking to last until you arrange new healthcare in Italy.
- Pet relocation: if your four-legged friends are moving to Italy too, have them vaccinated and buy a comfortable pet carrier. Dogs, cats and ferrets entering Italy must be identifiable by a microchip or a tattoo.
- Have a declutter: carefully consider which home possessions you'll move to Italy. Sell, donate or recycle everything else.
- Pack your removals shipment: gather all your home possessions and place them inside sturdy moving containers. For a successful collection day, move all your boxes, bags and suitcases as close to your building's entrance as you can the evening before.
- Settle into your new house: after your removals shipment clears customs, log into your account and choose a delivery date. All that's left to do now is unpack, unwind and start your exciting new life in Italy!