We’re currently experiencing technical issues with our inbound phone system. Our team is working hard to resolve the issue as quickly as possible, and we thank our customers for their patience.
Why choose Seven Seas Worldwide?
Purpose-built removals boxes and materials provided
Enjoy 2 weeks FREE storage in the origin and destination country
Pick your own dates for removals delivery and collection
Trusted with your removals shipments for over 25 years
We handle the Switzerland customs clearance process
International Switzerland removal services you can trust
Switzerland is a landlocked country in Western Europe famous for its chocolates, majestic mountains and high living standards. Expats worldwide relocate for varied outdoor activities, excellent healthcare and world-class education. Whether you're retiring soon, a young professional or a student, there's something in the Alpine Wonderland to delight all. So, why not get your dream life started today with our overseas removals experts?
With over 25 years of removals knowledge, our moving company simplifies the experience. Our global network of depots, in-depth local knowledge and multilingual customer service support you at every step Swiss removals journey.
Affordable small removals from Canada to Switzerland
Cost-effective and easy to use, our removal services cover most towns and cities across Switzerland. Popular destinations include Zurich, Geneva, Basel, Lausanne, Bern and Zug.
Here are a few more reasons why we're the number one choice among removal companies:
- Zero hidden fees: our free instant quote tool displays a transparent removals cost breakdown of your entire Switzerland moving journey before you make a booking.
- Pay in stages: we won't request the entire removals bill upfront. Instead, you make several instalments throughout the moving process.
- We handle Switzerland customs: all you have to focus on is packing your household items and completing your online moving documents. Our knowledgeable removals team will clear your shipment through customs.
- 24/7 customer service: our multilingual customer service team are available around the clock to answer questions and offer advice about removals to Switzerland.
Removals from Canada to Switzerland in 5 easy steps
Free online quick quote
Our instant quote tool provides a clear, itemised removals cost with no hidden fees or nasty surprises.
Pick your dates
When placing your order, choose the materials delivery and removals collection dates that suit you.
Securely pack your items
We deliver your empty moving boxes, ready for you to fill.
We collect and ship
Complete the online documentation. Then we'll move your removals shipment to Switzerland.
Delivered to your address
Our team will clear your goods through customs and deliver them safely to your new home.
Do you offer moving boxes for Switzerland removals?
After deciding which city in Switzerland to settle in, it's time to pack up all your household goods. Our international removals company can provide cardboard boxes that are double-walled and chemically strengthened. Large and Standard are our most requested moving containers (see below for the exact dimensions). Order more boxes than you think you'll need. If you have any left over in unused and brand-new condition, we'll collect them at no extra cost.
You can also send large items such as guitars and skis to Switzerland using specially shaped removals containers made from the same quality materials. Securely prepare them before collection day, and then we'll box them at our closest depot.
Worrying about your personal belongings as they travel to Switzerland is natural. Consider one of our comprehensive insurance policies for a stress-free removals experience.
Large moving box
61 x 51 x 41cm / 24 x 20 x 16.14 inches
- Sports equipment
Standard moving box
51 x 41 x 31cm / 20 x 16.14 x 12.2 inches
- Files and papers
- Children's toys
FAQs about our removals to Switzerland service
As removal industry leaders, we own and operate a global network of depots. As a result, we offer a door-to-door international removals service and can keep costs low for our customers. But prices depend on how much you're moving, where from, where to in Switzerland, etc. Use our free online quote tool for a cost breakdown tailored to your removal needs in minutes.
You can import household items into Switzerland duty-free. But you must have owned them for over six months and cannot resell them. Select items such as electronics and car accessories will pay VAT if the total value exceeds 300 Swiss Franc (CHF). Visit the official Swiss Customs website for a full breakdown.
After booking our removals company, log into your account and complete the following documents:
- An inventory listing all containers and items you're moving to Switzerland.
- Colour scans of the shipment owner's valid passport picture, signature pages, and a copy of their visa for non-EU citizens.
- The shipment owner's destination address in Switzerland, email address, and phone number.
- Optional insurance forms for peace of mind if your goods are lost or damaged.
Switzerland customs officials will have access to these documents, so accuracy is essential. Our friendly customer support team are available 24/7 to answer questions and offer moving advice.
As experienced overseas moving experts, we've thought of everything! Enjoy 2 weeks of free storage at one of our safe depots in your origin country and Switzerland.
If you want to add storage for a small fee, let us know more than 24 hours before your removals collection day.
Like all nations, Switzerland has banned specific goods to protect its citizens and environment. Please visit our regularly-updated Prohibited Goods page before you pack your removals shipment.
How long does it take to ship to Switzerland from Canada?*
*estimated timings dependent on global shipping circumstances
Expert packing tips for Switzerland removals
We recommend hiring a professional packing service to ensure your valuable possessions arrive in Switzerland unscathed. Doing so will save time and ease stress. Otherwise, pack slowly and follow our 4 top tips below. For more in-depth advice, reference How to choose a box for shipping and How to pack our boxes.
Walk from room to room in your home and consider what you'll need for your new life in Switzerland and what you won't. After all, the fewer possessions you move, the cheaper it is.
Pack fragile things carefully:
Seal the base of your box with three overlapping layers of parcel tape. Repeat at the lid once full. Use bubble wrap on everything and two layers for delicate and valuable goods. Place heavy items along the bottom and lighter things above and away from the sides.
Fill gaps with soft materials like towels and packing paper. Once full, gently shake your box. If anything makes a sound, add more soft materials.
Secure a place for our vehicle to park:
Buy any necessary parking tickets or permits for our vehicle before your removals collection day. Doing so allows our driver to park within twenty metres of your building's entrance.
If needed, you can borrow a trolly to help move containers from your home to our vehicle. Our driver can offer tips and give advice but must always be able to keep the van within eyesight.
Get ready for your removals collection day:
Move all your boxes, bags and suitcases as close to your building's entrance as possible the evening before collection day. No container may weigh more than 30kg/66lbs for your and our driver's safety.
Weigh each container on bathroom scales. If something is over the limit, remove the excess goods until it's safe to carry.
This was the second time I have moved things using Seven Seas Worldwide. I loved their easier quote system and the transparent fees. Most of all, I loved their removals service - from the customer support to the delivery team - they were all thoughtful and polite. All my goods arrived in excellent condition.Patricia
Moving to Switzerland: a step-by-step guide for expats
With a stable economy, efficient infrastructure and breathtaking landscapes, what's not to love about Switzerland? The high standard of living and safe streets make it one of the most ideal European countries for families. The Swiss are respectful and welcoming and have a strong work ethic. But before you run to your computer to book a flight to Switzerland, read our essential facts to help with the big move:
Types of visas: European Union (EU) and European Economic Area (EEA) citizens do not need a visa to move to Switzerland but must apply for a residence permit. All other nationals are required to apply for a visa and a residence permit.
Job opportunities: with four official languages, it's helpful to write your job application in the language of your potential employer. In-demand roles include engineers, nurses, marketers, plumbers and web developers.
Healthcare: all residents must contribute towards Switzerland's health insurance system after three months. It combines private and public sectors and provides a range of highly-regarded medical services.
Education: schooling is organised separately across each region in Switzerland. Students can attend public, private, or international schools. The opportunity to learn multiple languages is widely supported. World-ranked institutions include the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich (ETH Zurich) and the University of Zurich.
Lifestyle: the Swiss value a healthy work-life balance, with a focus on outdoor pursuits and cultural experiences. Socialising with family and friends, dining out, and exploring cities are also popular.
To-do list for overseas removals
Even though our international removals company makes the moving process to Switzerland easy, our handy checklist helps you prepare for the logistics:
- Gather your paperwork: ensure all important documents, such as birth certificates and bank statements, are in one place and easy to access.
- Apply for a Switzerland visa: research the most relevant Swiss visa for your needs, then apply and await approval.
- Arrange accommodation: either sell or rent your current house, then decide to buy or rent once in Switzerland. Renting gives you time to adjust to your new surroundings before making a big purchase.
- Book a moving company: get a quick free removals quote on our website in minutes, then select a date so we can come to your house and collect your belongings.
- Arrange travel to Switzerland: book flights to Switzerland ahead of your removals shipment so you can settle into your new home stress-free.
- Sort your finances: inform your banks that you're leaving, and withdraw some Swiss francs to cover any last-minute emergencies.
- Speak to a doctor: request a three-month supply of any medication you're currently taking to last until you find a new healthcare provider.
- Move your pets: if your four-legged friends are coming to Switzerland too, arrange their vaccinations and buy a pet carrier for safe transportation. Dogs, cats and ferrets entering Switzerland must have a pet passport, be free of rabies and be identifiable by microchip.
- Have a declutter: think carefully about which possessions will move with you to Switzerland. Sell, donate or recycle everything else.
- Pack your removals shipment: wrap and pack your possessions and secure them inside strong moving containers. For a successful removals collection day experience, move all your containers as close to your building's entrance as you can the night before.
- Settle into your new house: once your shipment has cleared customs, log into your online account and schedule delivery to your new home. All that's left to do now is unpack and settle into your exciting life in Switzerland!