Why choose Seven Seas Worldwide
Purpose-built shipping boxes and materials provided
Enjoy 2 weeks FREE storage before and after shipping
Pick your own dates for shipment delivery and collection
Trusted with your shipments for over 25 years
We handle the quarantine and customs clearance process
Located off the tip of the Malay Peninsula in Southeast Asia, Singapore is a cosmopolitan island nation that offers an abundance of career opportunities, world-class educational institutions, and exceptionally high living standards. The city blends a mix of Malay, Chinese, Indian and Eurasian ethnicities, all co-existing together in harmony, making it the perfect place for expats searching for a diverse new home where everyone is welcome.
Whether you're upping sticks or a citizen returning home, Seven Seas Worldwide is here to make moving to Singapore stress-free and affordable. Plus, as we've been specialising in door-to-door international removals for over 25 years, you can rest easy knowing your most treasured possessions are in safe and experienced hands.
Trusted with international removals to Singapore for over 25 years
With visas to obtain, jobs to arrange, and that all-important leaving party to plan, you've already got more than enough on your plate without worrying about how you're going to ship your belongings to Singapore. Instead, take the hassle out of relocating abroad by hiring an overseas moving company like Seven Seas Worldwide to do the hard work for you. Here are just a few benefits of using our international removals service:
- Complete packing kit: we'll include a number of packaging supplies with your order, such as a measuring tape, black marker pen, box cutter and parcel tape with a dispenser to help you wrap your items securely.
- Full customs and quarantine clearance: due to our many years of first-hand experience and extensive local knowledge, we're able to import your shipment into Singapore without incurring any additional fees.
- Free secure storage: if necessary, we can store your belongings free of charge for two weeks on either side or for longer at an affordable cost.
- Three-part payments: instead of asking you to pay one lump sum upfront, we spread the cost of our international moving services by charging in instalments, giving you enough time to settle into your new home.
- 10% off for returning customers: found you need to send more goods to Singapore or another destination in our vast shipping network? Then contact our friendly team today for a 10% discount on your next MoveCube® order.
Overseas removals in 5 simple steps
Free online quick quote
Our instant quote tool provides a clear, itemised cost with no hidden fees or nasty surprises.
Pick your dates
When placing your order, choose the materials delivery and shipment collection dates that suit you.
Securely pack your items
We deliver your empty shipping boxes or MoveCube®, ready for you to fill.
We collect and ship
Complete the online documentation, then we'll collect your shipment and transport it to its destination.
Delivered to your address
Our team will clear your goods through customs, then deliver them safely to your new home.
MoveCube® — revolutionising overseas removals
Just because you're moving to Singapore doesn't mean you have to sell or donate all of your treasured possessions. Instead, use a Seven Seas Worldwide MoveCube® and make international removals a breeze. Built explicitly for transporting furniture, household items and large items overseas safely and securely, it's essentially your own personal shipping container, and it can hold everything from boxes of bedding and clothes to your sofa and dishwasher.
As soon as you request your free no-obligation shipping quote and place your order, set a date for our relocation removalists to come and deliver your MoveCube®. We'll park it in a trailer outside your home, along with lots of brown tape, a black marker pen and our chemically-hardened cardboard boxes, ready for you to pack. Lastly, complete the online documentation we'll send you, including insurance to protect your goods, a detailed inventory and customs forms.
The best bit is, we'll deal with the rest, ensuring your goods get through customs without any extra charges and delivering them directly to your new address. Also, as this top-rated shipping solution is utterly unique to our business, we can guarantee you won't get this level of service from anyone else.
Built explicitly for transporting furniture and household items overseas safely and securely, it's essentially your own personal shipping container...
See our international MoveCube® in action:
MoveCube® size guide
We offer three sizes of MoveCube®, Small, Medium and Large (see below for their dimensions), and can deliver more than one if you're moving the contents of a large property. For example, a one-bedroom flat typically packs into one Large MoveCube® and one Medium, whereas a five-bed house might need as many as nine Large containers.
Also, if you decide you need a smaller size before your MoveCube® arrives, we'll happily swap it for free. Or, if you find there's overflow, we can send any excess boxes using our luggage shipping service.
H - 1.871m
W - 1.464m
L - 2.264m
B - 61cm
H - 1.871m
W - 1.464m
L - 1.114m
B - 61cm
H - 1.871m
W - 1.114m
L - 0.964m
B - 61cm
*Please note, the MoveCube® is loaded from the side panel.
Frequently asked overseas removals questions
The best way to get the most accurate price for international removals to Singapore is to fill out our free instant shipping quote form — don't worry, it's quick and easy to submit! Plus, it will give you a clear, itemised breakdown of all the costs involved, including customs clearance and other related charges, so you can rest assured we won't hit you with any nasty surprises once you've placed your order.
Good news! If you're not yet a citizen of Singapore, you can still import your personal belongings into the country duty-free as long as you have one of the following:
- Employment Pass (EP)
- Dependent Pass (DP)
- Long Term Visit Pass (LTVP)
- Student Pass (SP)
- In-Principle Approval (IPA) letter from the Ministry of Manpower stating your application status or showing you have an imminent job offer.
Alternatively, if you're from Singapore or a permanent resident, all you'll need to show is a copy of your Permanent Residence ID and Current Re-Entry Permit (REP). However, you must have been overseas for a minimum period of six months to enjoy Goods and Services Tax relief.
Do note, though, that no matter your status, your goods must be shipped within six months of your arrival to avoid taxes. Non-citizens also have to be present when their shipment lands, whereas Singaporeans only need to provide their return date.
Before we can transport your shipment to Singapore, you'll need to log into your online account and complete the following documentation:
- Inventory for you to record the contents of your shipment.
- Insurance to protect your possessions in case a mishap occurs.
- Customs forms to guarantee clearance into the country.
- Upload scans of your passport (the picture and signature pages) and, if applicable, a copy of your visa at the final stage of the process.
The customs officials in Singapore will ask to see these forms, so please ensure the information you provide is as accurate as possible. There are handy pointers throughout the process, but feel free to contact our friendly and experienced team if you have any questions.
At Seven Seas Worldwide, we transport overseas removals to Singapore by sea. Sea shipping is the most cost-effective option, perfect if you're sending several MoveCube's®, and takes 101 days to reach its destination.
Another feature of our service that makes us different from other international moving companies is our online tracking tool which allows you to check on your shipment's travels to give you even further peace of mind.
For security and customs purposes, certain items are prohibited for you to import into Singapore. These include:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Vehicle parts
- E-cigarettes, vape pens and vapour cigarettes
- Food and drink
Our Prohibited Goods page contains a detailed list of all the goods you can't send, along with specific service-based restrictions.
How long do removals to Singapore from the Netherlands take?*
*estimated timings dependent on global shipping circumstances
Packing your MoveCube® in 4 simple steps
Whether prompted by a job opportunity, change in family circumstances or simply the desire to start a new chapter, moving to Singapore is sure to be an adventure. However, the prospect of getting all your worldly possessions from A to B in one piece is likely to cause a fair few sleepless nights. To help ease a little of the anxiety, pack your goods safely and securely by following these four easy steps (learn more on our Moving FAQs page):
Save money (and packing materials) by decluttering:
The more you sort through your possessions before relocating to Singapore, donating, selling or chucking what you no longer need, the less you'll spend on shipping. So before assembling your boxes, consider offloading everyday items such as kids toys and kitchen appliances on eBay, Facebook Marketplace and other similar auction sites, taking antiques and collectables to a specialist second-hand shop or giving away surplus pieces to charity.
Use plenty of padding to protect fragile items:
Once you've wrapped each fragile piece individually in generous amounts of bubble wrap, choose a sturdy and appropriately sized container — the double-walled and chemically-hardened cardboard boxes we provide work brilliantly! Place the heaviest items at the bottom and lighter ones towards the top, then tightly pack any gaps with crumpled up paper or towels.
Keep track of your goods by writing an inventory:
While writing a detailed list of the goods you're shipping to Singapore is an essential part of our documentation process, it also gives you a clear overview of what's in each box and makes it easy for you to find the essentials when your MoveCube® reaches your new home. To make the process even smoother, add labels to your containers detailing their contents and which room to place them in.
Use weight and size to determine how best to load your MoveCube®:
To ensure your possessions make it overseas without any bumps or knocks, place heavy items such as your fridge and dishwasher in the centre, and never stack them on top of other goods. Then, stand your mattresses against the sides to create a padded buffer, keeping in mind that the more densely you pack your container, the less chance there'll be for movement.
I can not fault Seven Seas Worldwide at all — from the quote for the MoveCube®, to the booking, to payment, to packing the cube, to tracking, to delivery to Singapore, it was all effortless. I can highly recommend them to everyone!!!! Thank you for making a stressful time less stressful.Theo
Moving to Singapore: Relocating Guide
Not only is Singapore a major centre of business, commerce and innovation, it's also renowned for its delicious dishes (don't forget to try a laksa!), stunning architecture and eco-friendly principles. Plus, as over a quarter of this sovereign nation's workforce hail from overseas, you won't have any trouble communicating or getting around as English is their official language of business and many Singaporeans use it in their day-to-day conversations. Here are a few other key points to help with your relocation:
Types of visa: Typically expats need an Employment Pass (EP) to move to Singapore, which your employer will apply for on your behalf, allowing you to live in the city for up to two years. If you decide to stay after your permit expires, you can try applying for permanent residency.
Job opportunities: With many massive global corporations calling Singapore home, including Microsoft, American Express, and HSBC, lucrative jobs with excellent benefits are abundant.
Healthcare: Another significant benefit of living in Singapore is the country's top-quality and highly efficient hospitals and medical services. However, non-residents will need international health insurance to access them.
Education: From their schools to universities, Singapore's education system is consistently ranked as one of the highest in the world due to the country's targeted curriculum and high-quality teacher training.
Lifestyle: If you enjoy luxurious living, Singapore is the place for you. While the overall cost of property is high, so is the average wage, giving you plenty extra to spend in the city's countless designer stores and Michelin star restaurants.
Moving overseas checklist
Don't panic if you're unsure how to start planning your move to Singapore, as we've created this handy checklist to remove the confusion of relocating overseas — enjoy ticking off your completed tasks!
- Gather your essential documents: collate all the paperwork you'll need for relocating overseas, including financial papers, insurance, passports and marriage and birth certificates, in a folder that you can keep close at hand.
- Obtain your visa: if you don't have an employer arranging your visa for Singapore, do a little digging and apply for the one most suited to your situation, then await approval.
- Find somewhere to live: after you've got a visa, consider whether you're going to rent or sell your current property or else cancel your lease if you don't own it. Orchard Road, Tanglin, Holland Village and Novena are a few popular areas for expats to live in Singapore.
- Order a MoveCube®: once you've got your free no-obligation shipping quote, place your order and pick a time and date for us to drop off your MoveCube®.
- Make your travel arrangements: confirm a timeline of when you're going to arrive at your new home and book your tickets.
- Get your finances in order: before setting off, ensure all the banks you use are aware you're moving to Singapore and set aside some emergency funds for any last-minute expenses.
- Arrange healthcare: research medical insurance for Singapore and, if you take regular medication, speak to a doctor about getting a three-month prescription, so you have plenty to tide you over.
- Prepare your pets for the journey: if a four-legged friend or two is moving with you, ensure they have all the proper vaccinations and find the best pet carrier to transport them to their new home safely.
- Have a sort out: go through your home and place all your possession into one of three piles — sell, store or donate.
- Wrap your goods securely: once our team deliver your MoveCube®, box everything up using the free packing starter kit we provide and fill the container.
- Pop the Champagne!: now your shipment is in our capable and experienced hands, relax and look forward to the big adventure.