Why choose Seven Seas Worldwide?
Purpose-built shipping boxes and materials provided
Enjoy 2 weeks FREE storage before and after shipping
Pick your own dates for shipment delivery and collection
Trusted with your shipments for over 25 years
We handle the quarantine and customs clearance process
Straightforward international removals to Belgium
Belgium is a scenic and peaceful country in northwestern Europe. There's much to attract curious expats, including artisan chocolates, beer and historical sites. The Kingdom of Belgium is one of Europe's most popular destinations, ideal for new families, students and retirees. So, why not get your new life in Belgium started today with our international moving company?
With over 25 years of experience helping people move abroad, we simplify the process. Our door-to-door service and 24/7 customer support make us an obvious choice in the removal industry.
Trusted overseas removalists for over 25 years
Cost-effective and easy, our overseas removals include popular cities across Belgium, including Brussels, Antwerp, Ghent, Bruges, Liège and Schaerbeek. Keep reading for a few more reasons to choose our moving service:
- Complimentary packing materials: with your MoveCube®, you'll receive a free Starter Pack, which includes a measuring tape, a box cutter knife, a marker pen, a roll of parcel tape, and a dispenser. Plus, three plastic floor sheets to help estimate how much can fit in a Large, Medium or Small MoveCube®.
- Fully secure storage: our service includes two weeks of free storage at both the origin and destination of most countries where we operate.
- Transparent fees: our free instant quote tool displays an itemised cost breakdown of your shipment's journey.
- Pay in instalments: instead of a full upfront payment, you pay in several convenient stages across your shipment's journey.
- Total customs clearance: thanks to our expert local knowledge, we guide your household items through customs. All you need to do is securely pack your belongings and complete your online documents.
Our international removal services in 5 steps
Free online quick quote
Our instant quote tool provides a clear, itemised cost with no hidden fees or nasty surprises.
Pick your dates
When placing your order, choose the materials delivery and shipment collection dates that suit you.
Securely pack your items
We deliver your empty shipping boxes or MoveCube®, ready for you to fill.
We collect and ship
Complete the online documentation. Then we'll transport your shipment to its destination.
Delivered to your address
Our team will clear your goods through customs and deliver them safely to your new home.
Overseas removals to Belgium with the MoveCube®
After settling on a Belgian town or city to move to, it's time to pack your personal belongings and ship them! You can fill the MoveCube®, our robust moving pod, with everything from kitchen appliances to musical instruments.
Start with a free instant quote on our website and place an order. Then, select a suitable date so we can conduct a site inspection at your home and hand over your free Starter Pack. Next, we'll bring a MoveCube® to be loaded by you during an allotted time. Once full, we'll transport your container to our nearest depot. Finally, complete your online documentation. Once your shipment arrives in Belgium, we'll bring it to your final destination.
We understand how difficult it is to watch your precious household belongings as they travel overseas. To help reduce stress, we offer comprehensive insurance policies. Plus, you can monitor your MoveCube®'s location with our online tracker.
You can fill the MoveCube®, our robust moving pod, with everything from kitchen appliances to musical instruments.
See our international MoveCube® in action:
What sizes of the MoveCube® shipping crate are there?
The MoveCube® is a shipping container unique to our international removalists. It offers your household goods complete protection during long journeys over land and sea. Three sizes are available - Large, Medium and Small (see below for dimensions). You can order more than one MoveCube® for big moves by contacting our multilingual customer support.
For small removals, save money by using our ship boxes and bags service.
H - 1.871m
W - 1.464m
L - 2.264m
B - 61cm
H - 1.871m
W - 1.464m
L - 1.114m
B - 61cm
H - 1.871m
W - 1.114m
L - 0.964m
B - 61cm
*Please note, the MoveCube® is loaded from the side panel.
FAQs about our international removal company
With over 25 years of experience, our moving company offer competitive prices. But, the cost of international moves varies from person to person. Factors include how big your shipment is and how far it's travelling. Use our free quick quote tool for a cost breakdown specific to your needs.
EU citizens can import used personal items into Belgium duty and tax-free, provided they are over six months old and not for resell. If arriving from a non-EU country, you must have lived outside the EU for at least a year. Plus, you must import your goods within twelve months of arrival.
To protect Belgian citizens and the environment, there are some items you cannot import. Please reference our Prohibited Goods page for an up-to-date list.
After booking our overseas movers, log into your online account and complete the following documents:
- An Inventory listing the entire contents of your MoveCube®.
- Scans of the shipment owner's valid passport picture, signature pages, and scanned visa for non-EU citizens.
- The shipment owner's destination address, email address, and phone number.
- Optional insurance forms to protect your personal belongings in the rare case they become lost or damaged.
Customs officials will see these forms, so accuracy is a must. Our 24/7 customer support team is available for help and information.
Like all countries worldwide, Belgium has a list of banned goods to protect its citizens and environment. Please visit our Prohibited Goods page as you pack to avoid unnecessary fines or delays.
How to pack boxes for overseas moves in 4 easy steps
Securely packing your furniture and containers is essential when relocating abroad. We recommend hiring a professional packing service to ease some stress. Otherwise, set aside plenty of time and pay special attention to the 4 tips below. For in-depth packing advice, check out How to load a MoveCube® and How to pack our boxes.
Have a declutter!:
Walk from room to room in your home and decide what you do or don't need to take. After all, some items might be needless in your new climate. Plus, the fewer possessions you ship, the less it will cost.
Be gentle with fragile goods:
Create a solid base for your box by securing the flaps with several layers of overlapping parcel tape. Repeat when sealing the lid. Wrap every item in bubble wrap and use two layers for fragile goods. Place heavy items along the bottom and lighter effects above.
Fill any gaps with soft materials like towels and packing paper. Once full, give your container a gentle shake. If you hear anything, add more soft materials.
Claim a parking spot for our vehicle:
To ensure a successful loading day, buy any necessary parking tickets or permits before the MoveCube® arrives. Doing so allows our van to park within twenty meters of your home's entrance.
You are responsible for loading the MoveCube®, so ask your friends and family for help. Our driver can assist by loaning you a trolley to transfer containers, but they must always keep the vehicle within sight.
Load the MoveCube® by weight and size:
Use the plastic floor sheets in your Starter Pack to determine if your belongings fit inside a Small, Medium or Large MoveCube®. Place heavy and large items along the bottom and centre and build around and above them with lighter containers.
Fill gaps with solid boxes and bags. Avoid using loose items, which could break easily and cause damage during transit.
I was so impressed with the service provided by Seven Seas Worldwide, genuinely. Every single person I dealt with over the phone, over quotes, questions about packing, timing, documentation etc., was professional, knew their stuff, and was very polite and pleasant. I had a call answered on a Saturday night, and someone came back from their break because I'd called back with a question for her. The pickup driver was also very pleasant.Jenny
Moving to Belgium: a complete relocation guide
Belgians are friendly, value hard work and love to share food and drink with friends and family. The streets are quiet, and the unnecessary blowing of car horns is frowned upon! If you're looking for a calm home to retire to or a breathtaking historic land to explore, you might have found your new home. But before you hop on the next plane, here are some essential Belgian relocation facts:
Types of visas: European Union (EU) citizens and those from Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, and Switzerland do not need a visa to live, work or study. To stay longer than 90 days, non-EU citizens must apply for a Student, Work, or Belgian-dependant Long-Stay visa.
Job opportunities: English is less widely spoken than in other countries in Europe. Learning French or German would give you an advantage while job searching. In-demand industries include business and administration, healthcare, teaching, and IT.
Healthcare: Belgium's health care consists of state and private sectors. Mandatory health insurance payments from those living and working in the country fund the state system. Residents can access subsidised services such as doctors, dentists, hospital care, and prescriptions.
Education: there are three main communities - Flemish, French and German - each with a different learning system. Schooling is compulsory for children between 5 and 18 or upon graduation from high school. Plus, more than thirty international schools nationwide serve expats and their families.
Lifestyle: come for the mediaeval architecture and famous food, and stay for the peaceful atmosphere and warm local people. Whether you're a fan of outdoor sports, historical landmarks, or fun yearly festivals, Belgium has it all!
Overseas relocation checklist
As one of the most trusted removal companies for over 25 years, we make shipping furniture and possessions to Belgium stress-free. Follow our handy list below to prepare for everything else:
- Gather your paperwork: keep all important documents, such as payslips, utility bills and birth certificates, in one place. Doing so gives you quick access to them when needed.
- Apply for a visa: research thoroughly the most applicable Belgian visa for your needs, then apply and await approval.
- Arrange accommodation: sell or rent your current home, then decide to buy or rent once in Belgium. Renting gives you time to acclimate to your new surroundings before making a big purchase like a home.
- Book an international removalist: get a quick free quote on our website, then choose a date so we can bring a MoveCube® to your home to be loaded by you.
- Arrange travel: arrive stress-free in your new home before your shipment by booking flights as early as possible.
- Sort your finances: inform your bank you're leaving. Withdraw your cash and convert it to Euros, to cover emergencies or last-minute purchases.
- Speak to a doctor: request a three-month supply of medication so you have plenty of time to organise new healthcare once in Belgium.
- Pet relocation: if your four-legged friends are coming, arrange their vaccinations and buy a safe pet carrier. All pets entering Belgium must have a European passport.
- Have a declutter: carefully choose which personal items you will or won't take. After all, the smaller your shipment, the cheaper it will be. Sell, donate, or recycle what you don't need.
- Pack your belongings: carefully wrap and pack all your possessions into sturdy containers. For a smooth loading day experience, move all your boxes, bags and possessions as close to your building's entrance as possible.
- Settle into your new home: we'll let you know when your shipment clears customs. Then, log in to your online account and arrange a delivery date for the MoveCube®. Finally, all that's left to do is unload, unpack, and enjoy your new life abroad!