Introducing the MoveCube®
The MoveCube® is your own shipping container that makes moving home both here and abroad as simple as possible. Please see the comparison table above as a reference for the household volume you can pack from one to multiple MoveCube®.
We know what you’re thinking: ‘What the heck is a MoveCube®?' Well it could just be the future of moving. That’s all. Let us explain:
The MoveCube® is your own personal small shipping container. They come in three different sizes and are designed for international and domestic moves. We bring one to your door, leave it with you, you fill the MoveCube® and we’ll pick it up to take it to its final destination*. How about that?
- We provide an International MoveCube® service to those moving their personal belongings overseas
- A Domestic MoveCube® service is designed for the shorter journey within the United Kingdom
- The StoreCube™ service will put your belongings in one our safe and secure storage facilities between moves
So what are the advantages of a MoveCube® service?
- A controlled worldwide network owned by us: We have expanded our presence throughout the world with no agents, no affiliates, no franchisees and no separate companies. You will always be dealing with the same group from start to finish, door–to–door
- No new or unexpected charges: Our clear itemised quotes provide details of the charges in the UK and at the destination
- Free storage: Once your shipment is collected, depending on the number of MoveCubes® you required, you can enjoy up to 4 weeks’ free storage to allow you time to tie up loose ends and schedule the departure of your shipment. Plus up to 4 more weeks will be awarded upon the arrival of your shipment to allow you time to find the right place to stay. Please note if you only order one MoveCube®, you will only be entitled to 2 weeks' free storage
- A three-part payment to help you budget: We will not demand one full payment in advance of collection. Instead, the charges will be staggered to help you find your feet when you arrive
- Total security and protection: Once the MoveCube® is sealed at your home it is not scheduled to be unsealed again until you open it at your new address
Oh and our MoveCube FAQs will cover any other information you need.
MoveCube® service options
* Our MoveCube® service is only available in the areas around our local depots in the major cities. However, in order to assist those people much further outside the city we also offer the opportunity to pack a MoveCube® at the Seven Seas Worldwide depot nearest to you. Here are your options:
- Depot – Door In this instance, the address from which you wish to send lies outside the operational area of our closest depot so we are unable to deliver any MoveCubes® to you. Your destination address however does lie within the operational area of our closest depot meaning we are able to deliver MoveCubes®. So here's what happens: You load a van or pickup truck with your possessions and drive to our closest depot. You will then pack one or more MoveCubes®, depending on how much you wish to send. After shipping, the MoveCubes® will be delivered to your destination address for unpacking.
- Depot – Depot In this instance, both the address from which you wish to send and the destination address lie outside the operational area of our closest depots so we are unable to deliver any MoveCubes® directly to you. So here's what you do: You load a van or pickup truck with your possessions and drive to our closest depot. You will then pack one or more MoveCubes®, depending on how much you wish to send. After shipping, you or your nominee will drive to the closest depot to your destination address (where the MoveCubes® will have been delivered) to unpack and collect your shipment.
- Door – Depot In this third and final instance, the address from which you wish to send lies within the operational area of our closest depot so we are able to deliver MoveCubes® but your destination address however lies outside the operational area meaning we are unable to deliver MoveCubes® to that location. In this case, the MoveCubes® would be delivered to your address to be packed. After shipping, you or your nominee will drive to the closest depot to your destination address (where the MoveCubes® will have been delivered) to unpack and collect your shipment.
Of all the key areas that need addressing before the big move to Australia, New Zealand or Canada, moving all your personal belongings from A to B is perhaps the least attractive. There's no avoiding the fact that it's a big job and requires a lot of time and money as well as plenty of manual labour. Seven Seas Worldwide provides an ideal opportunity to reduce all three of these factors.
Finally, take a look at our pages of decluttering advice for those moving to specific countries, complete with links to popular retail stores.
For more information about the MoveCube®, advice about decluttering, plus a range of our other services, call us FREE 24/7 0800 21 66 98.