Group Shipping - How to Pack
As we all know, there are the basic rules when it comes to packing for a journey – don’t overpack your boxes, evenly distribute your belongings, wrap things carefully, blah blah blah – but we thought it would be worth mentioning one or two points that aren’t quite as obvious if you're planning on using our group shipping service.
- Concerned that the boxes you’re packing with your friends might exceed the maximum weight limit? Well, don’t be. The best thing to do is after packing a box, stand on some bathroom scales whilst holding it. Then subtract your own weight from the total. See? Easy.
- If you’re part of a group of international students, here’s something to bear in mind about the quarantine departments of some countries (such as Australia and New Zealand). They are thorough with a capital T. Items such as boots, shoes, sports and camping equipment and anything else that might pick up dirt will be investigated carefully so make sure you clean these items and place them at the top inside the boxes thereby making it easier for quarantine officials to locate them.
- If you or your friends are packing valuable goods, think about insurance. Check out our page for that sort of thing.
- If you or your friends are packing any fragile items, remember to wrap them safely with our bubble-wrap or surround them with softer things such as bed linen or towels.
- Give us a quick call for advice if you have any item that doesn’t fit in our boxes. We’ll find a way.
If you choose to use our boxes (and we do hope you will), here’s a little info about them and how to pack with them.
- Our boxes are designed specifically for storage and long journeys – you won’t get a better box anywhere else. You could assemble an empty one and stand on it and it wouldn’t collapse. Try doing that with the wobbly collection of boxes you retrieved from the loft.
- Our ‘Large Box’ is perfect for packing bulky but light items such as bed linen, shoes, towels, cuddly toys you’ve yet to grow out of, that sort of thing. Dimensions - 61cm (height), 51cm (depth) and 41cm (width).
- Our ‘Standard Box’ is designed to carry those heavier items such as albums, books, files and hand tools. Dimensions - 51cm (height), 41cm (depth) and 31cm (width).
- Assembly and packing instructions can be found printed on the flap of every box so there are no excuses.
For more information about group shipping, have a talk with a member of our team by phone or email. Alternatively, if you want to go straight ahead and get a quote, check out our instant online quote engine right now.