Student Packing – Doing It Right for the Big Move
Just because you’re students, doesn’t mean we’re going to start patronising you about how to pack properly. We all know how to put things in boxes. However, there are one or two things that aren’t so obvious that we think are worth telling you about. So before you start work on your student packing list, check this out.
How To Pack
- If you think you’ve exceeded the maximum weight allowance of 66lbs, just weigh your box on the bathroom scales. Stand on the scales holding the box so that all you need to do is subtract your own weight from the total. Easy.
- Some quarantine departments (including Australia and New Zealand) will check items such as shoes, boots, sports and camping equipment. They don’t want any foreign filth on their turf, you see. Therefore, make sure you clean these items thoroughly and place them at the top inside the boxes. Quarantine officials can inspect them easier that way.
- If you’re packing valuable goods, we would suggest reading the insurance page. Not the most exciting page on the internet but a very important one.
- We advise you order more boxes than you need. No one can accurate forecast how many boxes they’re going to require for a move so it’s better to have too many than not enough. You can just return any unused ones, free of charge.
And now a little about our own boxes, which are perfect for student removals. You absolutely should use them. They're free, after all.
- Our boxes are chemically-hardened and designed especially for long journeys. And they’re free. So choose ours – don’t go hunting for old ones in the attic.
- The large packing box supplied by Seven Seas Worldwide is called a ‘Large Box’ or ‘Tea Chest Box’. This box is particularly useful for packing bulky but light items such as shoes, bed linen, clothes and cuddly toys you’ve not yet grown out of. The dimensions of the Large Box are 24” (height), 20” (depth) and 16” (width).
- The standard packing box is called a ‘Standard Box’ or ‘Book Box’. This box is designed to look after the heavier items such as hand tools, books, big photo albums, and other heavy things in your possession. The dimensions of the Standard Box are 12" (height), 20" (length) and 16" (width).
- Assembly and packing instructions can be found printed on the flap of every box we supply. Make sure you have a read.
Call a member of our team if you need any more info.