Obviously, there are the basics when packing for storage – don’t overload your boxes, evenly distribute your stuff, wrap things carefully, blah blah blah – but we thought it worth pointing out the things that might not immediately spring to mind.
- Firstly, if you think you’ve exceeded the maximum weight allowance of 30kg, the best thing to do would be to weigh them on your bathroom scales at home. If you stand on the scales holding the box, all you need to do is subtract your own weight from the total. There’s a handy tip for you.
- If you’re packing valuable goods, get yourself some insurance. Check out our page for that sort of thing.
- If you’re packing any fragile items remember to wrap them safely or surround them with softer things such as bed linen or towels.
- Pack items like TVs and PCs into their original packaging before putting them into one of our boxes. If you don’t have the original packaging then try your best to give them some kind of protection inside the boxes.
- If you have any large items that cannot fit inside the boxes just give us a quick call for advice.
If you choose to use our boxes for your student storage, here’s a little info about them and how to pack with them.
- They’re designed specifically for long journeys and storage – you won’t get a better box anywhere else. You could stand on empty one and it wouldn’t collapse – try doing that with those flimsy boxes you were thinking about using that have a picture of a bunch of bananas on the side.
- Our ‘Large Box’ or ‘Tea Chest Box’ is perfect for packing bulky but light items such as clothes, shoes, bed linen and cuddly toys you’ve yet to grow out of. Dimensions - 61cm (height), 51cm (depth) and 41cm (width).
- Our ‘Standard Box’ or ‘Book Box’ is designed to carry heavier items such as books, albums, files and hand tools. Dimensions - 31cm (height), 51cm (length) and 41cm (width).
- Assembly and packing instructions can be found printed on the flap of every box so you can’t plead ignorance.
For more information, talk to a member of our team by phone or email, or if you want to get a quote, check out our instant online quote engine right now.
A Simple Step-By-Step Guide to Our Removal Service
• Firstly, decide what you are sending: bags, suitcase or boxes of your personal belongings. If you are on an active holiday then you may have sports equipment.
• Secondly, enter the location from where you are sending: country, town/city or postcode, and to where you’re sending: country, town/city or postcode?
• Thirdly, select what you want to send from our dropdown. We recommend using our boxes for clothing and other loose items, they are specially re-enforced to protect your possessions. For the same reason, following collection, we will also place your suitcases and items like skis, snowboards, golf clubs or even bicycles in our boxes. This is part of our service and our pricing is based on using these boxes, most airlines require everything to be boxed.
In order to give you the biggest choice, we will present you with the prices for all our services: air and sea, to show you the range of prices and the time to arrive at the destination.
• If you are happy with our detailed quote and want to proceed, then we recommend delivery of a selection of our heavy duty, large and standard packing boxes to start packing. This delivery includes bubble wrap and tape. There is no charge for the boxes and packing material but there might be a small additional charge for the delivery depending on your address.
• We also recommend that you take a few extra boxes. There is no charge if you do not use them all, so long as the unused are returned in good condition. Whilst packing you should also complete the necessary shipping documentation online. You will also receive a scheduled time of the delivery the night before.
• You can book the collection online or give us a call if you have any questions.
• Similar to the delivery, a scheduled collection time will be sent to you the evening before your collection day. If you have left already then please let us know the name and contact details of your friend or family member who will meet our driver. Please have everything you want to send at the door, otherwise it may be forgotten and left.
• You are entitled to 2 weeks storage prior to your shipment being sent which could be useful if you are travelling before returning to your destination address.
• Depending on the air service you have selected your shipment will either be part of a larger air consule sent to our Hub in the destination country where it will be delivered to your address - Air Economy - or your shipment will be sent directly to your address using one of our air partners - Air Express. Some routes may only offer Air Express.
• Where possible air shipments will be sent through Seven Seas Worldwide's own international network (set up and owned by the founders of Seven Seas Worldwide) so your shipment is under our direct control from start to finish. In those circumstances where this is not possible and we have to use our partners, you will be informed on our detailed quote. Your shipment will still be managed by Seven Seas Worldwide and you can contact us 24/7 if you need any update or questions answered.
• We clear your shipment through the relevant customs departments and any environmental authorities. All charges are as you were originally quoted with no surprises.
• There is no requirement to pay anything further until you no longer require the storage service and are ready to have your belongings returned to you. We will email you a reminder after 12 weeks.
• Once cleared through those agencies, if your shipment is being sent through our air partners then it will be delivered directly to your address. We will be unable to schedule a time for your shipment delivery with our partners. If you are not in then they will leave you a card to contact and arrange another day. Alternatively, if your shipment is under our direct control you will be notified, you can then book a day for the deliery and, as before, a scheduled time will be sent to you the evening before.