Shipping to Ireland
If you're about to send personal goods, excess baggage or household furniture to Ireland, talk to the experts in international shipping, Seven Seas Worldwide. We're here for every eventuality, whether you're moving to Ireland as a student, moving home with family or just visiting for an extended break, we can help you for every stage of the journey. Ship to Ireland with the people in the know.
Shipping Excess Baggage to Ireland: Step-by-Step Video
Why choose Seven Seas Worldwide for shipping to Ireland?
It's a good point so let's round up a few good answers for you:
- Baggage charges are going up all the time. If you leave your baggage with Seven Seas Worldwide, the airlines can't hit you with those nasty hidden fees
- Sending items by sea is a greener and more affordable option than by air (though we do provide that too if you're in a hurry)
- You'll be looked after by our team from beginning to end because we have a global network of depots
- We collect and deliver, door-to-door, at a time that suits you
- We offer a three-part payment plan to help you budget. We will not demand one full payment in advance of collection. The charges will be staggered to help you find your feet when you arrive
- We provide an online document system meaning no more paperwork!
In addition to this, you can also get a free online quote in just 30 seconds for shipping to Ireland thanks to our nifty freight calculator. Give it a go.
International Shipping To Ireland
We're not a boring old shipping company. We like to think we're a bit more personal than that, so we've provided a range of services that will help you with every aspect of your moving experience whether you need a hand with your holiday luggage or you're moving overseas for good. Oh and if you're moving to Ireland don't forget to take a look at our MoveCube® - the latest and greatest way to relocate your belongings overseas (or nationwide, for that matter). We also offer a range of services for students including some unbeatable deals on storage. We'll even throw in boxes and packing materials too.
Call us now on 1300 21 66 98 and see how the Seven Seas Worldwide team can help.
Things To Consider When Shipping To Ireland
There are certain restrictions in place when shipping to Ireland, so here's a list of items that could 'cause delays' as they say at train stations. This is just a snippet of the many pages of Irish customs information but it will give you an idea of what you should leave at home.
- Firearms, ammunition, explosives, etc.
- Plants or bulbs
- Birds, poultry and eggs
- Hay or straw
- Live animals of any kind (please don't try to smuggle your pet pug)
- Any kind of controlled substance
If you're travelling to Ireland from another EU country, here are the maximum quantities allowed for cigarettes and alcohol:
- Cigarettes: 800
- Cigars: 200
- Cigarillos: 400
- Smoking tobacco: 1 kg
- Spirits: 10 litres
- Wine: 90 litres
- Beer: 110 litres
We would advise against packing or sending any food products. If food is packed and needs to be removed from your boxes your shipping will incur additional charges and the items may have to be removed. Customs may even block the entire consignment which would then be returned to you for an additional charge. Our advice is to buy the food at your chosen destination to avoid all risk!
Need to send more?
And just to remind you (because we feel it deserves repeating) Ireland is covered by our excellent MoveCube® 'Door-to-Depot/Depot-to-Door' service. The MoveCube® is a large container inside a trailer that can move the contents of a two-bedroom flat. It's a very simple process whereby we drop off the MoveCube®, you load it up with boxes and we return to collect it again to take to your chosen destination. Easy.
Shipping Household Goods to Ireland: Step-by-Step Video
Do pick up the phone and call a member of our team on 1300 21 66 98 should you need any further assistance. We're here 24/7. Or get a free online quote now and let's start shipping to Ireland today!