Student Storage - How to Pack
Obviously, there are the basics when packing for storage – don’t overload your boxes, evenly distribute your stuff, wrap things carefully, yada yada – but we thought it worth pointing out the things that might not immediately spring to mind. Order before June 15th 2017 and take advantage of our £25 discount off all student storage*!
- Firstly, if you think you’ve exceeded the maximum weight allowance of 30kg, the best thing to do would be to weigh them on your bathroom scales at home. If you stand on the scales holding the box, all you need to do is subtract your own weight from the total. There’s a handy tip for you.
- If you’re packing valuable goods, get yourself some insurance. Check out our page for that sort of thing.
- If you’re packing any fragile items remember to wrap them safely or surround them with softer things such as bed linen or towels.
- Pack items like TVs and PCs into their original packaging before putting them into one of our boxes. If you don’t have the original packaging then try your best to give them some kind of protection inside the boxes.
- If you have any large items that cannot fit inside the boxes just give us a quick call for advice.
If you choose to use our boxes for your student storage (and really you should, as they're awesome) here’s a little info about them and how to pack with them.
- They’re designed specifically for long journeys and storage – you won’t get a better box anywhere else. You could stand on empty one and it wouldn’t collapse – try doing that with those flimsy boxes you were thinking about using that have a picture of a bunch of bananas on the side.
- Our ‘Large Box’ or ‘Tea Chest Box’ is perfect for packing bulky but light items such as clothes, shoes, bed linen and cuddly toys you’ve yet to grow out of. Dimensions - 61cm (height), 51cm (depth) and 41cm (width).
- Our ‘Standard Box’ or ‘Book Box’ is designed to carry the heavier items such as books, albums, files and hand tools. Dimensions - 31cm (height), 51cm (length) and 41cm (width).
- Assembly and packing instructions can be found printed on the flap of every box so you can’t plead ignorance.
For more information, talk to a member of our team or if you want to get a quote, check out our instant online quote engine right now.
Oh and don't forget about our limited offer of £25 off all student storage!
* Special Offer conditions:
1. The Special Offer ends midnight June 15, 2017
2. Discount is automatically applied at the checkout stage online. If booking via the call centre, please quote the discount code: Student Storage Offer 17
3. The Special Offer is applicable for those storage jobs that:
a. pay the deposit BEFORE June 15, 2017
b. have a minimum of THREE of our LARGE BOXES or the equivalent volume (0.381mᵌ)
c. store for a minimum period of TWELVE WEEKS