The Domestic MoveCube® – The Simplest Way to Move City-to-City
The Domestic MoveCube® is a shipping container in a truck designed for moving furniture and other personal belongings between cities. We leave the truck with you, you load up the MoveCube® with your boxes, and later we’ll turn up to collect it for transporting to its final destination*. Easy.
The Domestic MoveCube® is ideal for furniture removals but frankly, if it fits inside the container and isn't unreasonably heavy, we can take it.
The great thing about our domestic shipping service is we can adapt it to suit your requirements. So for instance, if you’re moving out of a studio flat, the Medium MoveCube® is the option for you. If you’re moving out of student halls, we’d suggest the Small MoveCube®. If you’re a very enthusiastic collector of stuffed grizzly bears, the Large MoveCube® is the way to go.
Here are the countries we serve at the moment – though this list will be growing soon:
- United Kingdom
- New Zealand (Auckland & Wellington)
- South Africa
- Hong Kong
- China (door-to-door for Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Guangzhou and Chengdu)
Now let’s take a look below at the dimensions of our MoveCubes®:
Height 1.871m Width 1.114m Length 0.964m Volume 2.01m³
Height 1.871m Width 1.464m Length 1.112m Volume 3.05m³
Height 1.871m Width 1.464m Length 2.264m Volume 6.20m³
And here are a few pointers: For the smaller city moves, we will drop off your MoveCube® of choice - small, medium or large, in the morning and collect the truck in the afternoon, allowing you about 3 hours to pack the box full. If you need it any longer, there will be a charge. Also a non-refundable deposit will be required while you have the MoveCube®. Sorry but we’re very fond of our MoveCubes® and we don’t want anything to happen to them.
Providing you're in an area covered by us rather than our agents, SMS messages will be sent out the night before telling you the hour window in which we will be arriving. A further SMS message will be sent out during the morning too, so no oversleeping.
We’ll also throw in a trolley to help you transport the larger items from your home to the MoveCube® successfully. Yes, we’ve thought of everything.
For more details, contact us by email or call a member of the Seven Seas Worldwide team.
* Our MoveCube®/StoreCube™ service is only available in the areas around our local depots in the major cities. However, in order to assist those people much further outside the city we also offer the opportunity to pack a MoveCube® at the Seven Seas Worldwide depot nearest to you. Here are your options:
- Depot – Door In this instance, the address from which you wish to send lies outside the operational area of our closest depot so we are unable to deliver any MoveCubes® to you. Your destination address however does lie within the operational area of our closest depot meaning we are able to deliver MoveCubes®. So here's what happens: You load a van or pickup truck with your possessions and drive to our closest depot. You will then pack one or more MoveCubes®, depending on how much you wish to send. After shipping, the MoveCubes® will be delivered to your destination address for unpacking.
- Depot – Depot In this instance, both the address from which you wish to send and the destination address lie outside the operational area of our closest depots so we are unable to deliver any MoveCubes® directly to you. So here's what you do: You load a van or pickup truck with your possessions and drive to our closest depot. You will then pack one or more MoveCubes®, depending on how much you wish to send. After shipping, you or your nominee will drive to the closest depot to your destination address (where the MoveCubes® will have been delivered) to unpack and collect your shipment.
- Door – Depot In this third and final instance, the address from which you wish to send lies within the operational area of our closest depot so we are able to deliver MoveCubes® but your destination address however lies outside the operational area meaning we are unable to deliver MoveCubes® to that location. In this case, the MoveCubes® would be delivered to your address to be packed. After shipping, you or your nominee will drive to the closest depot to your destination address (where the MoveCubes® will have been delivered) to unpack and collect your shipment.