01 February 2018
We are delighted to announce the expansion of our network here at Seven Seas Worldwide. We've always been able to collect and deliver items throughout Europe but until now we've not had an established depot in Europe to assist with the demand. Until now. A fully operational depot in Belgium is now up and running.
Located just South East of Antwerp, our new European hub will ensure our good growth in Europe continues in 2018 and beyond providing clearer channels and better coverage for all shipments going in and out of Europe.
This also means we can operate our increasingly popular MoveCube service in and out of mainland Europe which we're very excited about because we believe the MoveCube is the future of moving home. If you want a smooth, stress-free, door-to-door service, look no further than the MoveCube!
And we're not stopping at Antwerp. We want to continue this expansion over the next few years so our presence in Europe is as comprehensive as any shipping company or international courier.
Watch this space.
You can find us at:
Seven Seas Worldwide BVBA
Winkelom 87, Unit A1
27 October 2017
Seven Seas Worldwide has received news that a ship found to be carrying moths has been stopped from entering New Zealand waters.
The ANL Warragul was scheduled to arrive in the Port of Tauranga on the 22nd October. However the ship was prevented from entering New Zealand waters after the discovery of live and dead moths. The vessel is currently outside the 12 nautical mile mark outside of New Zealand territorial waters.
Seven Seas Worldwide has a container on this vessel and is monitoring the situation closely in order to provide updates for customers who are affected.
We will alert customers to any potential delays but do please get in touch if you want to discuss matters further.
29 September 2017
If you are hoping to send special items in time for Christmas, here are the dates you need to know!
Final Shipping Dates for Christmas 2017
IMPORTANT These dates apply to the final dates for payment to be cleared so your shipment can go ahead. This means you will need to have your boxes, bags or MoveCube already collected and all your documentation completed correctly.
GIVE YOURSELF PLENTY OF TIME BY STARTING NOW!
09 August 2017
You may hear the odd comment online about 'hidden charges' when it comes to shipping items abroad. At Seven Seas Worldwide we do our best to make all charges transparent, laying out exactly the costs involved the moment you get a free quote via our website. We will never hit you with hidden charges.
International removal is an expensive business in general, and not only are our rates are very reasonable but in addition we have a three-stage payment plan to help you spread the costs to assist with your cash flow during the transition.
- Shipping and Transport
- Port & Container Fees and Warehouse Handling
We are upfront at the beginning as to the costs which will be incurred for our MoveCube® service. It may seem on the face of it that we're more expensive than our other international removal companies but in fact the opposite is true. But don't take our word for it, read through the details on the quotes from other companies and look out in particular for what they exclude:
- Port fees, including handling
- Container fees, including cleaning
- Storage and warehouse handling
- Quarantine and Custom inspection or examination fees
The key factor that makes us more informed is that we operate within our own global shipping network. Simply, we're there at the beginning, the middle and the end. We have first hand knowledge of all potential shipping charges (if there are any) and will lay them out to you before the journey begins. Our charges INCLUDE the items listed above and which are excluded from other removal companies' quotes. There will be some who claim these charges may not arise at all - then why exempt them? With a Door-to-Door service you'll want to know that everything is included in your quote.
As you can see from our charge structure we tailor these to assist you, this is why the Seven Seas Worldwide MoveCube® service provides free boxes, free packing materials, free loading and unloading AND free storage options! So by the end of the journey, you'll realise how much you saved.
Don't leave your treasured possessions with a removal company who either does not know or does not care about the charges at the destination. Move abroad with Seven Seas Worldwide, the company with over twenty years' experience in international shipping.
12 May 2017
Moving abroad is an exciting chapter in anyone’s life but before you start unravelling the bubble-wrap and assembling the packing boxes, stop for a moment and think about all the items you’re planning to take with you to UK. Do you really need it all? Remember the more you take, the more you pay. So here are a few tips about decluttering before you begin your new life in UK.
- First of all, you may want to think twice about packing woolly winter clothes and looking at other options such as storage or selling. Label that cashmere sweater 'non-essential'.
- If you have expansive, alphabetised CD and DVD collections, we advise not to take it all with you. These collections are heavy, expensive to ship and, let’s be honest, largely redundant in this age of streaming and downloading!
- Don’t waste money shipping your old furniture overseas such as armchairs, sofas, chests of drawers and wardrobes. Treat yourself to new items when you arrive at your new destination! Naturally if you choose to sell your old furniture, you’ll be providing yourself with a financial platform for buying replacements.
- If you’re moving electrical items like flatscreen televisions to the UK, you may also want to consider the electrical power differences. There’s no point shipping such a large electrical item abroad if it’s not going to function correctly! Also, if you choose to adapt your television for your new country, you could invalidate the warranty.
Now we know what you're thinking: If I sell a lot of household items before I move, I'm going to need to do a fair bit of shopping when I get to my new home. This is true. So here are a few reputed retail names in UK you may want to make a note of:
- Argos - Mid-price electrical items, toys, sports equipment, pretty much everything really
- John Lewis - Slightly more expensive electrical items, toys, furniture, etc.
- Next - Household items and clothes
- Currys - Televisions, home audio and video
- Debenhams - More household items and clothes
- Samsung - Audio visual products online
- IKEA - Our Swedish friends who need no introduction
- Homebase - Everything you need for the home and garden
For more information on decluttering and advice on removals, get in touch with the team via the Contacts page.